Apple WWDC 2017 Reviews: What to Expect?
Apple WWDC 2017 will be held at Monday, June 5, and runs through Friday, June 9, in San Jose, California. According to the past experience, WWDC is the developer conference, so it always can be treated as a software exhibition, and Apple executives always make speeches from their own area on the WWDC stage. And the contents of these speeches are always about the new version of iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS and many other system updates. Of course, you can also get some news about the new products that Apple is developing or something that will be launched in the September. Thus, no matter you’re a developer or a simple Apple fan, you can’t miss this event on June.
We have heard the updates to the mobile iOS itself, and we summarized them into several parts:
1. It is said that iOS 11 will have an upgraded version of the user interface. Apple is planning to develop a “Black Pattern” for the new system. This will change the original White background to Black, so that you’ll get better visual experience than before, and this black mode also allows more pixels of the OLED screen in the “Rest” state. So that more power will be saved on your iDevice just like the previous Apple Watch.
2. A big change of iOS 11 will be focused on the Siri. It will provide all of iDevices with a greater range of capabilities, including iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV with the “AI Artificial Intelligence”. And it provide users with the function of translation.
3. Now, FaceTime will say “Goodbye” to the 1-to-1 video call mode. In the new iOS 11, users are possible to make a group calls on FaceTime, here, you’re allowed to call with up to 5 different person at one time.
4. Apple Pay has available on 16 countries or regions, including the USA, UK, Australia, China and so on. For this contactless payment service, will update to the P2P payment service.
5. The new camera features will support the new video and photo format, which is boosting the original standard, and make the video and photos seems to be more clearer, and the space is relatively low. What’s more, iOS 11 can also directly edit the LivePhoto dynamic photos taken by the user.
6. Add an enhanced all-new AR feature – ARKit.
The new macOS is called High Serria. It has enhanced the protection of user privacy, joined the tracking shielding function, to prevent the site to steal the user’s browsing history. The new Safari adds the ability to automatically play video mute. And through machine learning, Safari can ensure the user privacy will get the best protection when the ads exists in the same time.
WatchOS 4 and tvOS 11
watchOS 4 is finally released and will be coming in this fall. The new watchOS system is more intuitive and intelligent. Apple has improved it with smarter activity and workout features, an expanded music experience, so that all of their users can enjoy everyday moments in more new wasy. tvOS is decided to make a cooperation with Amazon prime video.
New Products in the WWDC 2017
1. An all-new iPad Pro: Comes with an all-new 10.5-inch model, which will be the world’s most advanced display, and the powerful A10X Fusion chip and new cameras.
2. HomePod: All the music you have on the music app can play directly on the HomePod. Of course, it built-in Siri, so you can play through the voice control pause and other functions as you like. What’s more, it can also play news, weather information, etc. well. Just like Apple says “this device is a breakthrough home speaker delivering amazing sound and providiing incredible intelligence.”
3. iMac Pro: It is the most powerful Mac computer at present, which supports Intel eight-core Xeon processor, and use 8/10/18 core Xeon processor and AMD’s Vega image processor. It is also comes with 110 billion computing power and equipped with 16GB memory, 4TB SSD, 4 lightning interface, 10Gb Ethernet card. The entry price is $4,999.