Easy Way to Delete Backup on iPod
Finally got the new iPod that you have long dreamt of? And you possibly want to sell out your old iPod or simply give it away, then one thing you must take care is to properly handle the data saved on your old device. After all, you don't want your personal information to get leaked, right?
Now, you may search on the internet and know how to permanently erase all data from iPod, so as to ensure these deleted files won't get recovered with whatever powerful recovery tool. But that's not all! You also need to delete backup on iPod! Speaking of removing iPod backups, it can be divided into different cases, i.e. backups created via iTunes, iCloud or the computer. Now, let's see how to remove iPod backups in different ways.
User Guide: How to Remove iPod Backups
Part 1. Delete Backup on iPod Created via iTunes
1. Open iTunes on the computer and then go to iTunes > Preferences from the menu bar.
2. Navigate to the Devices tab, and you will see a list of backups is arranged on the main interface.
3. Choose the right backup of your iPod and then hit the Delete Backup option to continue.
4. On the pop-up window, remember to click on the OK option to confirm your action.
5. Now, all you need to do is wait patiently for the process to get completed within a little while.
Part 2. Delete Backup on iPod Created via iCloud
1. First of all, open your iPod and go to Settings app.
2. Tap on iCloud and Storage option.
3. Select the backup that you want to delete from your iPod.
4. Finally, wait patiently for the process to get completed within a little while.
Here, you've learnt how to remove iPod backup created via iCloud simply within the device itself. Also, you can try other ways to delete iCloud backup within simple clicks.
Extra Bonus: Best Data Eraser for iPhone/iPad/iPod
If you want to delete something from your device once and for all, then this MobiKin Eraser for iOS (Windows/Mac) software is surely the one you can't miss. With it, you are free to permanently delete any files from iPod, iPad and iPod without any hassle, including contacts, messages, photos, videos, apps, music and many more. And files deleted with this software will have no chance of getting recovered. Best of all, all the generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod can be perfectly supported.
To use this software, just follow the below 1-2-3 step;
- Open the installed software and link iPod to the computer via the USB cord.
- Then, choose the right erasing mode to continue the process. (Note: The current version only supports Erase All Data mode, but it will be improved in the coming versions. So you are suggested to make a phone backup of the important files beforehand.)
- Then just wait patiently for the process to get completed within a little while. If a dialogue pops up to ask for your permission, just do it.