How to Fix All Problems After Upgrading to iOS 10?
If you are a technology enthusiast who also happens to be a proud iOS device owner, chances are that you have updated your Apple-based handheld gadget to the recently released operating system (iOS 10). The iOS 10 operating system is expected to provide you with new multiple amazing features that are guaranteed to provide you with an even better user experience.
However, just like any other new technology, there are several issues that are likely to arise after installing the new operating system. Various problems have been reported by several iPhone, iPad and iPod users after upgrading their iOS devices to the latest operating system. This is why this highly informative article is entirely going to focus on showing you how to fix all problems after upgrading to iOS 10.
Can't Miss: Will You Buy An iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus?
How to Troubleshoot Common iOS 10 Problems & Errors?
Question 1. iOS device won't sync with iTunes
Apple, while releasing the new operating system (iOS 10) also released "iTunes 12.4.3" which was expected to fix common iTunes bugs and issues. However, some iDevice users have reported several problems while trying to use the latest iTunes program to sync their favorite songs, photos, playlists and personal files. You can follow the below steps to solve this common problem.
- Update your iTunes to the latest version (iTunes 12.4.3).
- Turn off both iTunes Match and iCloud Music Library.
- Deactivate the "Show Apple Music" option in iTunes. You can do this by launching the iTunes computer program, selecting "Edit", clicking on "Preferences", selecting the "General" option and clicking on "Turn off Show Apple Music".
Question 2. Abnormal battery drain
You may have realized that your iOS device uses, even more, power than before after upgrading to iOS 10. You can use the tips provided below to prevent this abnormal battery drain.
- Activate the "Low Power Mode" option to extend battery life.
- Control your iDevice's screen brightness manually using the "Brightness Slider" provided.
- Enable the "Airplane Mode" feature whenever you don't need to use your iPhone, iPad or iPod for a long period.
- Deactivate "Background App Refresh" by opening the "Settings" app, tapping on "General," selecting "Background App Refresh" and toggling the switch to turn it off.
Question 3. Use Wi-Fi sparingly
- Launching the "Settings" app, tapping on "General", selecting "Reset" and tapping on "Reset All Settings" to erase your gadget's settings.
- Reboot your iPod, iPhone or iPad.
Question 4. Siri is misbehaving
The "Siri" virtual assistant has been improved and incorporated with many new features, thus; making it to easily work with multiple third-party applications. Follow the tips provided below to solve the commonly reported Siri issues (not working well or responding as it should be).
- Restart "Siri" by going to the "Settings" app, tapping on "General", selecting "Siri" and turning it off before you turn it on again.
- Activate "Hey Siri". This can be done by selecting the "General" options found in the default "Settings" app, tapping on "Siri" and clicking on "Allow Hey Siri".
- Clean your iDevice's microphone while ensuring it is not damaged or obstructed.
Question 5. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi issues
Some users have also reported to have experienced multiple Bluetooth and Wi-Fi issues after upgrading to iOS 10. Use this single solution to solve all your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi problems.
A: Select the "General" option found in the default "Settings" app, tap on "Reset" and activate the "Reset Network Settings" option. This will automatically reset all your wireless connects to their default state.
Question 6. The "Touch ID" unlock option is absent
Upgrading to iOS 10 will require you to unlock your iDevice by pressing on the "Touch ID" fingerprint sensor instead of the former "Slide to Unlock" feature. However, you can use the solution provided below to revert to the old way of unlocking your iOS device.
A: Launch the "Settings" app, select "General", tap on "Accessibility", select "Home Button" and then activate the "Rest Finger to Open" option. Congratulations! You are now able to unlock your iDevice with "Touch ID" instead of having to press the Home button.
The iOS 10 operating system promises to provide you with even more features than its predecessors. This informative article has tried to provide you with proven solutions to common iOS 10 problems. You can use these solutions to improve your iOS 10 experiences at least until Apple releases a new bug-free operating system for all its handheld devices.
Bonus: How to Manage iOS 10 Devices on Windows or Mac Computer?
After upgrading to iOS 10, here we could like to strongly recommend a powerful manager program for your iOS 10 devices - MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Windows/Mac). With it, you can easily and quickly backup data from iOS 10 devices to Windows or Mac computer without hassle, so that you'll ever lose your important data by accident. Below is the main features of this powerful tool:
- Backup, or transfer up to 10 different types of files from iPhone, iPad or iPod to desktop computer, including contacts, messages, calendars, notes, music, photos, playlists, etc;
- Preview files in the program in the thumbnail and list mode;
- Search your target files in different ways;
- Easy to use and standalone program;