Finding Handy Remote Desktop Apps for Your iPhone? Here!
What is a remote desktop application for iPhone? It is a stunning tool that allows users to take control of their computers or laptops with iPhone anytime and anywhere. With it, you are able to access the files and launch applications that are located in your computer remotely from your iPhone. That means you can deal with your business documents or perform system maintenance real-timely.
In the market, there are abundant applications for users to select. Therefore, for your reference, this article will recommend you several remote desktop apps for iPhone.
Why we strongly recommend you to use a remote desktop application? Because it is beneficial and convenient. Only when you face the following situations will you realize the importance of this tool:
1. Want to watch videos on the bed in the cold winter but the resource of these kinds of video is too bulky to store in iPhone;
2. Need to send an E-mail which is located in the office computer but you already get off work;
3. Often help parents solve some computer issues but you cannot always stay at home;
4. Desire to share a great deal of photos with your friends but it takes too much time in copying pictures.
Now you must want to know the names of these top 6 remote desktop apps for iPhone and what they can bring you. Take your time! The answers are listed below from which you are able to find a satisfying key.
Splashtop is one the most popular remote desktop applications for iPhone. Except for accessing the computer with your iPhone, Splashtop permits you to edit and view your Microsoft office, PDF files or other documents as well. With it, you are able to browse the web of your computer and access your media documents or any other files whenever and wherever. It can help you achieve your goal easily.
Download Link: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id382509315?mt=8
- Rapid: you can start in 5 seconds;
- Simple: the program is easy to operate;
- Secure: running a Chromium based browser on the encapsulated Linux kernel
- Compatible: it supports mostly all types of high resolution audio and video;
- Reasonable: price is competitive compared to other similar apps.
- Gestures are not always accurate.
- Drag and Drop feature is not supported in this tool.
LogMeIn is another powerful application to control your computer remotely on your iPhone. For using this application, you have to sign up for a LogMeIn account before downloading and installing it on your device as well as your computer. After finishing the installation, you can begin to manage your desktop files in an easy way. However, remember that the PC must be started or you will not able to accomplish the operation because it does not support the function of turning on the computer.
Download Link: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id479229407?mt=8
- Unlimited: the number of documents that it allows you to access on Mac or PC is unrestricted;
- Compatible: it is available to support all kinds of all tablet operating systems;
- Visual enjoyment: both HD video and audio streaming are available in this app.
- It will pull you to the paid subscription automatically.
- The function of trial version is incomplete like Cloud storage is not available.
3. Jump Desktop
Jump desktop is a remote desktop control that automatically configures with your Mac or computer via email for remote access. It works well with all versions of iOS devices, computers and Mac. With this tool, you can set up and access many computers without limitation.
Download Link: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id364876095?mt=8
- Clearer: the feature of HDMI and VGA support allows you to view computer on a bigger screen and see more clearly;
- Convenient: you can transfer text directly from computer to iPhone by using the pasteboard option;
- Reliable: support RDP Gateway.
- This app may stop working sometimes.
4. VNC Viewer
This remote desktop application has two versions: free trial and paid version. You can find and download them on iOS App Store. After using it, you will find it permits you to access to your Windows and Mac instantly and then it will show you all the computer files. In addition, you can control your mouse and keyboard on your iPhone to manage your computer. And also, you are capable of setting up passwords to protect your file information on your computer.
Download Link: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id352019548?mt=8
- Handy: be able to use mouse and keyboards to control the computer;
- Straightforward: access Windows, Mac or Linux computers directly.
- The interface of the app is too complex for every user to understand.
- The operating systems that are allowed to connect is limited.
RDM is a short name for Remote Desktop for Mac and Windows. It allows you to connect a variety of computers without any extra cost. What's more, it does not require any internet connection when you are using it in the local network. And also, you can directly use mouse to control it. That means you can left click, right click, scroll or drag and drop from your iPhone.
- Expedient: you can access your computer mouse directly.
- Saving online traffice: decrease data traffic and improve application experience while poor internet connection happens.
- It does not compatible with iPhone iOS 8 version;
- Do not support to listen to audio file while accessing to Windows PC or mac.
TeamViewer is a simple and fast solution for remote control, desktop sharing, and file transfers. It works both on iPhone and iPad and allows you to use multi-touch gestures like left click, right click, drag and drop, scroll wheel, zoom and change monitor functions. Besides, TeamViewer also allows you to view all users who are online and accessing the same computer with you. And what's more important, you can use it for free.
- Beautiful and easy-to-use: the interface is simple and the operation is extremely easy;
- Multifunctional: it supports online status display, voice function, transfer file function, remote management of unattended server, etc.;
- Intelligent: Restart the computer remotely.
- Although TeamViewer is free for personal use with all its features available, you’ll have to pay £59.99 for the Pro version that covers commercial use.