How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac
AirDrop is a wireless service, which allows users to send photos, videos, websites, locations, and more between iOS devices and Mac. However, lots of Apple users don't know how to AirDrop photos, videos and more files from iPhone to Mac or from Mac to Mac. Thus, this article is going to show you how to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac or from Mac to iPhone step by step.
Here, we have divided this article into 2 parts:
To begin with, you need to make sure the Mac and iPhone you wish to share files can use AirDrop. Thus, you'd better to check your Mac and iPhone respectively as below:
- On Mac computer, tap on "Go" from the menu bar. If you can find AirDrop in the "Go" menu, that means this Mac can use AirDrop.
- On the iPhone or iPad, iPod touch, just open Control Center and check whether AirDrop is here. If AirDrop is in Control Center, then your iPhone can use it well.
Now, let's to see how to AirDrop iPhone to Mac Directly:
Step 1. Turn on and Set up AirDrop on Mac and iPhone
- Directly click "Finder > Go > AirDrop" to open the AirDrop setting Window. If you don't opened Bluetooth or WiFi, then you'll see a button to turn it on. After that, AirDrop turns on automatically.
- Check the box of "Allow me to be discovered by:" to enable the Mac computer to receive files from everyone or only those in your Contacts app according to your own needs.
- Directly tap AirDrop option in the Control Center, then you can choose whether to receive items from everyone or only from people in your Contacts app.
Step 2. Send Items from Mac to iPhone
Open AirDrop panel on your Mac by clicking "Finder > Go > AirDrop", then the app will show you all nearby AirDrop users. You can directly drag all items that you wish to send to iPhone to the recipient's image, and click "Send".
Step 3. AirDrop from iPhone to Mac
Tap AirDrop in the Control Center on your iPhone, then find the things you wish to send to Mac. Then click on "Share" icon and find the Mac you want to share with. After that, you only need to wait for the approved of recipient.
Since AirDrop is only used between Mac and iOS devices, and it has lots of limitations on the running operating system and supported file types. Thus, people still wish to find alternative software to AirDrop for transferring files between iPhone, iPad, iPod and Mac or Windows computer without any restrictions.
MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Mac/Windows) is a powerful iPhone data manager program for Mac and Windows users. It not only allows users to transfer more than 14 different types of files from iPhone, iPad or iPod to Mac, but also send files from iDevices to Windows computer well. What's more, you also can use it to transfer files from Mac to iPhone, iPad or iPod as you like.
Cool? Below is the simple tutorial for your reference:
Step 1. Download and install the program on your Mac computer, then connect iPhone to Mac with USB cable. (Please ensure iTunes is installed on your Mac)
Step 2. Trust the Mac and when your iPhone is recognized by the Mac, you'll see an interface like below:
Step 3. Preview and choose the files you wish to send, and click "Export" button to send them from iPhone to Mac easily. If you want to load files from Mac, just click the button like "Import".