How to Delete All Photos from iPhone/iPad? (4 Easiest Ways)
When you need to free up or give away your device, you may want to delete all photos from iPhone or iPad because they often take up a lot of phone memory or concern your privacy. Fortunately, this is an easy task and you can simply achieve your goal by using Photos App, third-party software or resetting the device.
You can also click to read:
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer/PC?
- 6 Ways to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone Effectively
Do not know how to perform these solutions? Don't worry! This tutorial will show you how to delete all photos from iPhone/iPad step by step. Just read on to get the details.
Way 1. How to Delete Photos from iPhone XS/XS Max/XR or iPad via Photos App?
The easiest way to delete photos from iPhone or iPad is to delete via Photos App. In this App, you are able to remove pictures from iPhone individually or entirely as you like.
Option 1. Delete All Pictures from iPhone/iPad
- Open the Photos App on your iPhone/iPad then proceed to click the "Albums" icon which should be located at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, select "All Photos" if you have enabled "iCloud Photo Library". If you have not enabled the feature, please choose "Camera Roll".
- Choose "Select" in the upper part of the screen.
- Tap on the picture located at the bottom right corner and slide your finger to the top left hand corner.
- Hold your finger till all the photos are selected.
- Click the trash icon to delete all the images on your iPhone.
Option 2. Delete Photos on iPhone/iPad Individually
- Tap the Photos App and go to "Camera Roll".
- Click on "Select" to choose the photo you want to delete.
- Once selected, tap on the trash icon to remove the photo.
Option 3. Bulk Delete Photos from iPhone/iPad
- Enter the Photos App on your iDevice.
- Tap on "Select" and go on to click on "Select" beside each collection of pictures you want to get rid of.
- Finish by tapping the trash icon.
Tips: To get more solutions on bulk deleting photos from iPhone, you can go to the page: How to Bulk Delete Photos from iPhone>>
Option 4. Delete Albums from iPhone/iPad
- Go to the Photos App on your device and select "Albums" at the bottom menu and tap on "See All".
- Click the "Edit" button which is at the top right-hand side of the screen.
- You'll then see a red circle on all albums that can be edited. These are the albums you created.
- Tap on the red circle and then confirm your option to remove the selected albums.
Tips: If needed, you can also click to learn more ways to delete albums on iPhone/iPad completely>>
Option 5. Delete Recently Deleted Photos on iPhone/iPad
- Get into "Photos" App and choose "Albums".
- Tap on the "Recently Deleted" album under the "Other Albums" section. (If you want to delete the imported photos from iPhone/iPad, you can select "Imports" instead.)
- Click on "Select" to choose the images you want to remove and hit "Delete" to delete the deleted photos on iPhone or iPad.
Tips: You can also go to the tutorial "How to Delete Recently Deleted Pictures on iPhone/iPad" to get more details.
Way 2. How to Remove All Photos from iPhone/iPad by Resetting the Device?
Resetting iDevice is also a good way to clear all photos from iPhone/iPad. However, this way will wipe everything on your device, including the system settings and personal data. Thus, if you just want to delete your iPhone pictures but no other files, please use Way 1 or Way 3 or you can back up your files on iPhone/iPad in advance.
Below is the step-by-step tutorial on how to reset iPhone to remove all iPhone photos:
- Unlock your device and go to "Settings" > "General".
- Select "Reset" under the section and continue choosing "Erase All Content and Settings".
- Tap on "Backup Then Erase" (recommended) or "Erase Now".
- Wait till the erasing process ends and then follow the prompts to set up your device again.
Way 3. How Do I All Delete Photos from iPhone or iPad Using MobiKin Assistant for iOS?
Using MobiKin Assistant for iOS is considered the best way to delete photos from iPhone/iPad. Although Assistant for iOS is an iOS file transfer tool, it also equips the delete function and many other features. With the help of this tool, you can not only delete all photos on your iDevice with one click but also delete individual pictures selectively. And after the deletion, you can also use it to manage your iOS files without hassles.
What are you waiting for? Just don't hesitate to download and install the software by clicking the icon below and then go with the tutorial to easily delete photos off iPhone or iPad.
Option 1. How to Delete All Photos from iPhone/iPad at once
- Run the installed software on your computer and connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer via USB cable.
- Go with the prompts to make the connected iDevice recognized.
- Once recognized, you can click on "Photos" > "Photos" in the left panel.
- Click on the blank box next to "Name" and you will see all the images listed in the program are selected.
- Tap on "Delete" and then confirm your option by tapping on "OK" to delete all photos from iPhone on computer.
Option 2. How to Mass Delete Photos from iPhone/iPad
- Also, launch the program and connect your iDevice to computer then make the connected device recognized.
- Choose "Photos" > "Photos"/"Albums" in the left pane and then all the pictures on your iDevice will be located to the right column.
- Preview and tick off the images you want to remove.
- Tap on the "Delete" button from the top menu to delete multiple photos on iPhone or iPad.
In order to avoid losing data, you are suggested to use the iOS Assistant software to transfer your important files from iPhone or iPad to computer for backup and then start to delete photos from iPhone/iPad after the import.
Way 4. How to Delete All Photos off iPhone/iPad at once? (Unrecoverable)
Want to wipe off your photos on iDevice permanently and quickly? Then you can turn to a software named MobiKin Eraser for iOS. This is a professional iOS data eraser tool that can completely and permanently remove everything from iOS device with one simple click. By using it, you can wipe off all pictures on your iDevice, including the synced photos, imported photos, photo library, etc. and these erased images will be unrecoverable. However, this tool only supports to erase all data so if you wish to keep other files on your device, please jump to Way 3.
Now just click the icon below to download and install the eraser tool on your computer.
Then you can follow the tutorial below to remove all your iPhone/iPad data on computer:
- Run the Eraser for iOS on your computer and then use a USB cable to connect your iDevice and computer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to let the program detect your device.
- Once done, you will get the primary interface of this software. Just tap on "Erase" on this interface.
- Then you can click on "Medium" to set a security level and click on "OK" to confirm your option.
- Now please enter "delete" and hit the "Erase" button located at the bottom right corner to start erasing your device.
Tips: To get more details or methods, you can go to the page: Best 2 Ways to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhone or iPad>>
If needed, you can also click to learn:
- [Solved] How to Permanently Delete HEIC Photos on iPhone or iPad?
- 5 Ways to Delete Videos on iPhone X/8/7/6S/6
That's all for how to delete all photos from iPad or iPhone. All these methods are simple as well as effective but each means has its own advantages. Therefore, you need to choose the applicable one according to your need. And if you have any problem or opinion about this tutorial, please feel free to contact us.
4 Ways to Erase iPhone Data without Restoring
Erase or Wipe iPhone Text Messages Permanently
How to Wipe Out Data from Android before Selling it?
User Guide: How to Back Up Photos to iCloud Effortlessly?
How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone? (6 Easy Ways Included)