4 Easy Approaches to Export Text Messages from iPhone to PDF
Nowadays, text messages still play a significant role in our modern lives. More people than ever communicate important info in texts. Sometimes, you may need to export text messages from iPhone to PDF, as the files in this format makes lots of jumbled messages easily preservable, shareable, sendable, or even printable. (how to print messages from iPhone?)
So, are there any methods to export iMessage conversation to PDF? Just read on, and you'll surely find satisfactory answers in this definitive guide.
In spite of not being able to help export iMessage conversation to PDF directly, MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Win and Mac; its free trial is available, too) can let you achieve the purpose quickly in simple clicks. Besides copying and managing text messages easily, this utility makes it really easy to sort through your other data on your iPhone from a PC/Mac.
MobiKin Assistant for iOS can help you:
- Export text messages from iPhone to Mac/PC for easy conversion.
- Transfer content between iDevices and computers or iTunes.
- Work for a whole range of iOS files, including Video, Photo, Music, eBook, Contacts, SMS, Notes, Safari Bookmarks, Voice Memo, Playlist, Podcast, Ringtone, and more.
- One-click to back up and restore iDevices.
- Apply to various iOS devices, including iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't disclose your privacy.
How to export iMessages to PDF with Assistant for iOS?
Step 1. Run the software and link iPhone to computer
Launch the program after the installation. Attach your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable. Then the software will detect your iDevice. And after the quick detection, you can see a screen as below.
Step 2. Check the Messages category
Choose the "Messages" category and preview all the SMS conversations. Meanwhile, please pick up the ones you want to export.
Step 3. Export text messages from iPhone to computer
Tap the "Export" button and select an output format as HTML, Text, CSV, or DB. To convert the messages to PDF, you can save them as an HTML file for convenience.
Step 4. Convert the exported texts to PDF
Open the iPhone messages you just exported to the computer with Chrome and click "Ctrl + P". Under the Settings, click "Change..." nearby "Destination" and select "Save as PDF". Finally, tap "Save" and choose a folder to store the PDF file.
- How to Find Old Text Messages on iPhone? 4 Easy Solutions for You
- How to Print out Text Messages from Android Phone? (Best 4 Ways)
As a decent tool to organize messages and other iOS content, iExplorer can load, read, export, and convert iPhone text messages to PDF messages. Moreover, this utility also enables you to copy vCards, images, videos, and other attachments from SMS conversations.
How to export iPhone text messages to PDF with iExplorer?
- Connect your iPhone to a computer through a USB cable.
- Open iExplorer.
- Click the Data tab on the Device Overview screen.
- Tap the Messages button.
- iExplorer will soon load your text message database.
- On the left column, you will see the conversation list. You can then sort the list by date, name, or the number of messages.
- Select the text messages you want and choose "Export conversation to a PDF file...".
- This will export the chosen conversation in a single transfer.
iExplore takes time to follow some commands and may crash occasionally. So, you can take iExplorer Alternatives if you want to smoothly transfer or manage the data on your iPhone 12/11/X/XR/Xs/8/7.
Making iPhone messages in the form of screenshots, you can then get the iMessage PDF file by exporting the image to PDF on your iPhone directly. Yet you need to repeat the steps again and again if you have a host of messages to convert.
How to save iMessages to PDF by taking screenshots?
- Head to the text message you wish to export from your iPhone.
- Go to the Assistive Touch menu and go for the Device option.
- Tap More and select Screenshot to take a screenshot of the current screen.
- Open the Photos app from your iPhone to find and open the screenshot.
- Tap the share button from the right-bottom corner.
- Next, hit More to scroll down to locate and choose Books.
- The screenshot will be converted to PDF on your iPhone.
- After that, your iPhone should open it automatically.
- [Solved] How to Recover Deleted SMS from iPhone 12/11/XR/X/8 Plus/8/7/6S?
- 7 Great iPhone SMS Transfer Utilities for Syncing Messages to Phone/Computer
By resorting to some text to PDF conversion service online, you can also download texts to PDF with ease and then save the PDF to Google Drive or iCloud after the conversion. Similarly, it could be a little more time-consuming for those with a great many messages to process.
How to turn text messages into PDF online?
- Find your iPhone texts you desire.
- Press down on one of the conversation bubbles.
- A new screen will pop up, and you should choose "More".
- Choose the curved-looking arrow at the bottom of the interface.
- Hold your finger down on a message, and a screen will pop up as below.
- You can then select "Copy" and paste it to a Word document on your iPhone.
- Go to "SmallPDF" or any other similar website that's able to convert text files to PDF.
- Upload your Word document there.
- Tap "Download File" to download the PDF on your iPhone.
Words in the End
Text messages form a part of our daily lives. And we always take them seriously, especially when we need to print the texts for the court or trial. So, it's essential to securely export text messages from iPhone/Android to PDF for further use.
As a prerequisite, it is vital to pick a dedicated tool like MobiKin Assistant for iOS to export all your wanted texts to a computer before saving them as PDF on the PC easily. Thus, just download and give this program a shot. It will, undoubtedly, deliver you a really enjoyable user experience.