How to Transfer Large Video Files from iPhone to PC? [6 Ways Included]
In the era of advanced iPhone cameras and the prevalence of high-quality videos, managing large video files on your device becomes crucial. As storing such files may quickly deplete your iPhone's storage and impact its performance, transferring them to a PC is essential. This guide explores six easy methods to seamlessly transfer large video files from iPhone to PC, facilitating both storage optimization and enhanced device functionality. Whether you prefer freeing up space or enjoying videos on a larger screen, these solutions cater to diverse user preferences. Discover the simplicity of transferring and managing your iPhone's large video files with the following effective methods.
- Way 1. How to Transfer Large Video Files from iPhone to PC with Assistant for iOS
- Way 2. How to Get Large Videos from iPhone to Computer via File Explorer
- Way 3. How to Transfer Large Video Files from iPhone to PC with iCloud
- Way 4. How to Send Big Video Files from iPhone to PC via Google Drive
- Way 5. How to Get Big Videos off iPhone to PC Using AirDrop
- Way 6. How to Send Large Video Files from iPhone to Computer via Email
MobiKin Assistant for iOS stands out as a reliable solution for transferring large videos from iPhone to PC effortlessly. With its user-friendly interface and robust features, MobiKin Assistant for iOS simplifies the data transfer process, ensuring seamless management between your iPhone and computer. It facilitates not just the transfer of videos from iPhone to PC but also streamlines the process of transferring various data types, including music, photos, contacts, SMS, and more.
Assistant for iOS - Transfer between iPhone & Computer:
- Swiftly export all videos from iPhone to PC or Mac.
- Maintain original quality during the transfer of videos, audio, and photos.
- Supports one-click bulk deletion of videos on iPhone post-transfer.
- Streamlined interface for efficient and user-friendly operations.
- Keeps pace with the latest iOS and iDevices - from iPhone 7 to the latest 15.
Now, download and install Assistant for iOS, and follow the steps below to get a large video from iPhone to computer.
Step 1. Launch the installed software on your computer. Then use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2. After the connection, the program will detect the connected iPhone automatically. And the when the detection succeeds, you will get the following interface:
Step 3. Click "Videos" from the primary interface and choose the category that contains the videos you want to transfer. Then go on to tick off your wanted files.
Step 4. At last, you can simply tap on the "Export" button to begin the transferring process.
You can also click to learn:
- Send Long/Large Videos on iPhone: The Definitive Guide (7 Ways Included)
- How to Send Large Video from Android: The Complete Guide
If you've got extensive videos stored in your iPhone camera roll, utilizing Windows File Explorer provides a straightforward method to directly transfer these sizable video files to your PC without relying on any third-party applications. It's worth noting, however, that File Explorer is limited to handling the transfer of photos and videos, unlike MobiKin Assistant for iOS, which extends its support to large files such as songs, movies, and TV shows. Additionally, the reverse process of moving data from your PC to your iPhone is not as feasible through File Explorer.
To transfer large files from iPhone to Windows laptop/computer using File Explorer, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your Windows PC using a USB cable.
- Unlock your iPhone and establish trust with the computer.
- Navigate to "This PC" > [your iPhone's name] > "Internal Storage" > "DCIM" > "100APPLE." This path reveals all the photos and videos from your iPhone's Photos app.
- Copy or perform a drag-and-drop action to transfer the large videos from your iPhone to your PC.
Once you've successfully downloaded the videos from your iPhone to your PC through File Explorer, you can proceed to delete these files on your iPhone, thereby reclaiming valuable storage space on your iPhone.
If you're looking to transfer large videos from your iPhone to your computer, utilizing iCloud presents an alternative method. Follow these steps for a seamless process:
- Begin by navigating to Settings on your iPhone, then select [your device name], proceed to iCloud, and finally, tap on Photos. Enable the toggle for iCloud Photo Library.
- On your computer, download and launch iCloud for Windows. Sign in using your Apple credentials, the same ones associated with your iPhone.
- Click on Options, then select iCloud Photo Library, and finally, choose "Download new photos and videos to my PC."
- Apply your settings by clicking Done.
- Access the taskbar on your Windows computer and click on the iCloud icon. From there, you can handpick the videos you wish to download from your iPhone and initiate the process by clicking the Download icon.
Check If You Need:
- User Guide: How to Back Up Photos to iCloud Effortlessly?
- How to Put Ringtones on iPhone from Computer? Fix Here!
Some of you may lose or have a broken USB cable. Under such a circumstance, you can export large videos from iPhone wirelessly - making use of cloud services like Google Drive.
- Start by downloading the Google Drive app from the App Store. Once downloaded, open the app and sign in with your Google account.
- Locate the "+" icon positioned in the lower right corner of the app interface. Tap on it, then select "Upload" followed by "Photos and Videos." Proceed to choose the specific videos you intend to upload to Google Drive.
- Once the upload process is complete, you can either tap the Locate link within the app or navigate to the designated folder you selected during the video upload. From there, you have a couple of options. You can share the video link with yourself via email and access it on your PC, or you can open a web browser on your computer and check the video directly on Google Drive or Google Photos.
AirDrop serves as another efficient method to get a large video from iPhone to computer. Simply activate AirDrop on both your iOS device and Mac, and you can easily send numerous files with ease.
- Launch the Gallery app on your iPhone and pick the videos you wish to transfer to your Mac.
- Tap on the share button and choose "AirDrop" from the menu that appears.
- Opt for AirDrop from the options available, and your nearby devices will be promptly detected. Choose your Mac device from the list.
- Finally, click the Send button to initiate the transfer of the selected videos to your Mac.
Email has been a longstanding method for file sharing, albeit not the most reliable when it comes to send big files from iPhone to PC. The process can be lengthy and cumbersome, often leading to challenges in successful transmission. Nevertheless, if you're inclined to explore this method, you can certainly give it a try.
- Log in to your email account on your iPhone.
- Compose a new message and attach the video you would like to transfer.
- Press "Send" button and then you can access to your email on computer and download them.
Write in the End
To transfer large files from iPhone to Windows laptop, various methods are available. Options include MobiKin Assistant for iOS, Windows Explorer, and the USB transfers. For wireless solutions, Google Drive and iCloud are recommended, but the best way to get large videos off iPhone is using MobiKin Assistant for iOS. This professional iPhone transfer software not only facilitates transferring videos from PC to iPhone but also handles photos, videos, contacts, and more between iPhone and PC. While email and Windows Explorer have limitations, MobiKin Assistant for iOS emerges as the optimal choice for a seamless and efficient transfer experience.