Top 11 iExplorer Alternatives for Windows and Mac [Must-read]
iExplorer improves the way you access, browse and manage your iOS content. This tool makes it easy for you to intelligently transfer data from your iPhone/iPad/iPod to Mac/PC or iTunes accounts. It comes with a disk mounting feature, allowing you to use your iDevice as a USB flash drive.
However, you are likely to find an iExplorer alternative if you've seen some of its flaws as below:
- You have to download and install QuickTime plugins before using the tool.
- The disk-mounting feature requires to work with iTunes.
- It doesn't come totally free, and some permissions are expensive to obtain.
- It frequently pops up ads.
- It occasionally crashes.
- We encountered some crashing issues as well while testing this app. Each time, it started right back up again fine, however.
- Almost as soon as you open the demo of this app, you'll be greeted with a pop-up asking you to purchase its full version. These pop-ups continue to turn up quite frequently.
Given the above, it is necessary to look for a replacement for it. So now, let's check the 11 best iExplorer alternatives in sequence.
Are you sick of iExplorer? Would you like to use a lighter, faster tool to handle the content of your iPhone/iPad/iPod? Now, just take a glance at the best alternative to iExplorer - MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Win and Mac). This program is lightweight, quick to install, and free to try, ensuring hassle-free file transfers between iOS devices and computers/iTunes. Besides, it has a wide range of functions, meant to give you more control of your iOS items.
This program is a great iExplorer/iTunes alternative. It also empowers you to manage your iOS content without effort.
Main Features of Assistant for iOS:
- Transfer data between iOS devices to computers.
- Support processing data like Videos, Photos, Music, eBooks, Contacts, SMS, Notes, Safari Bookmarks, Voice Memos, Podcasts, Ringtones, Playlists, and more.
- Control iOS files and iTunes backups on PCs/Macs directly.
- Back up and restore data on iPhone/iPad/iPod directly.
- Copy iTunes backups from computers to iDevices.
- Run smoothly on various iDevices, covering iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod, iPad, etc.
- It can well protect your privacy.
You can download the program below:
How does Assistant for iOS work? Here, take iPhone to computer data transfer as an example to explain this:
Step 1. Run the program and link the iPhone to a computer
Download and install the program on your computer. Start it, and you'll get its initial interface. Make sure the iPhone device is connected to your computer, and the tool will detect your device soon.
Step 2. Preview iPhone data on the program interface
After the recognition, select any data type(s) from the left of the program screen. Then preview and mark what you want on the right.
Step 3. Export and save the data on the computer
Click "Export" from the top screen to save the chosen items from your iPhone to this computer.
- Amazing features.
- Run without iTunes.
- Quick processing.
- Keep original data quality.
- Great value for money.
- It is not a free iExplorer alternative, but with a free trial.
- Top 10 iPhone Transfer Software Help Transfer iPhone Data Easily
- What to Do If I Cannot View Pictures in Android Gallery?
iOS Transfer can assist you in transferring data from iOS to Computer, iOS to iOS, Computer to iOS, iTunes to Computer, iTunes to iOS, and vice versa. It works for data like photos, music, contacts, messages, videos, notes, calendars, Safari, eBooks, and call logs. You can also rely on it to well manage your iOS content as you want.
- One-click transfer.
- Ringtone maker.
- HEIC to JPG converter.
- Its free trial is with limited features.
Another software like iExplorer is iMazing. With this tool, you can move music from an iDevice to iTunes or any other location on your computer. Items like contacts, videos, notes, SMS, and voice mail can be synced to a computer through it. Moreover, it supports ten different languages.
- You can access and preview files saved in iCloud with it.
- Two connection modes: USB and WiFi.
- Support for drag and drop.
- The names of folders and files are not clear.
As a free alternative to iExplorer, iTools can help you transfer iOS files, back up data, add ringtones to an iPhone, and set up a virtual fake GPS location. It offers easy and effortless management of media files on iPhone/iPod/iPad. Furthermore, it is a ringtone maker, too.
- Clean users interface.
- Work on various Windows and Mac computers.
- Offer no access to iTunes.
- It may run slowly.
Getting the iExplorer free alternative - iFunBox, you can easily transfer content between iPhone/iPad/iPod and the computer. Further, you could take advantage of the device's storage and set it as a portable USB disk. It also lets you convert and upload images to a jailbroken iPhone as wallpaper.
- It doesn't require any special hack.
- No installation required.
- Support for drag & drop.
- Some features require a jail-broken iPhone.
- 7 Solutions if You Can't Import Photos from iPhone to PC
- 5 Ways to Transfer Music to iPhone from Computer without iTunes
iPhoneBrowser allows you to browse the files on your iOS device and features an easy means of backing up your iOS stuff either automatically or manually. This program offers options, including "Save As", "Backup File", "Replace File", "Delete File", etc. It is a free iExplorer alternative.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Automatically launch when an iPhone is linked.
- Lots of options for processing files.
- It might not always work for your iPhone.
Apowersoft is a one-stop device management app, enabling you to transfer files from phones to PCs and vice versa. This software supports both iOS and Android devices, compatible with practically all phone brands. With this iPhone explorer alternative, you'll have the ability to project phone screens directly on a PC in real-time.
- A nice visual-focused way to organize iDevices.
- Lots of well-organized options.
- Tricky to install.
- Send large video files from Android or iOS may take longer.
TouchCopy is a cross-platform program that facilitates you to back up iOS data onto your computer or iTunes. This iExplorer alternative delivers easy drag-and-drop transfer of all your iOS music, photos, podcasts, audiobooks, games, and many more. Yet, it only allows you to copy a maximum of 100 songs at a time to your iTunes.
- Built-in music player.
- Convenient search box.
- Not all features are available for all iPhone models.
As its name indicates, TunesGo mainly takes on tasks of iOS media files. This software lets you transfer and manage your music, playlists, movie, podcasts, TV shows, and iTunes U without limits. It converts music files to formats supported by your iDevice and iTunes. Further, it also works for your contacts, SMS, and photos.
- Access music across multiple devices.
- Repair missing music tags.
- You may stumble on connection issues.
- Sporadic support.
Despite not being as feature-rich as some other programs or apps, CopyTrans, a decent alternative to iExplorer, can transfer and manipulate your iDevice, just like the Apple tool. You can use it to view the content stored in your device, create playlists, add music and videos, edit the file's tags, and so on.
- Support the latest firmware.
- Light on resources.
- It is integrated with a built-in player.
- Video preview doesn't work with large files.
- Miss some features from iExplorer.
Are you still looking for software or apps similar to iExplorer? Syncios is the last tool we recommend today. As a handy tool for iOS users, this utility can back up files from your iOS/Android device and transfer them to other devices. You can thereby restore your device content from any backup.
Again, it works for photos, videos, music, apps, eBooks, and other files. During use, it can automatically convert files into the format compatible with your devices.
- Simple visual interface.
- It also works for Android devices.
- Require to work with iTunes.
- Limited contact management.
Finally, as a note here, among the aforementioned 11 programs like iExplorer, some of them can function on both iOS and Android devices concurrently. But generally, they are a little pricey. Honestly, the most practical and affordable software is MobiKin Assistant for iOS, your must-have iOS data manager.
This utility could be the best replacement for iExplorer. It works to transfer, back up, and restore data on your iDevice, keeping you informed of processing status at all times. Plus, it is a comprehensive tool for iPhone, iPad, and iPod management.