5 Proven Methods to Transfer Apps from iPhone to iPhone 14/13/12/11
After switching to a new iPhone, you should face the problem of how to transfer data to the new iPhone, especially about transferring apps between iPhones, right? Of course, you can download these apps from the App Store to your iPhone once again, but it's obviously a waste of time. Many iPhone users want a super-fast way to help them fully transfer their apps to the new iPhone.
We know that many iPhone to iPhone transfer apps in the market claim that they have the ability to move apps from one device to another, but choosing a reliable one from these apps is not an easy task, especially when you are faced with hundreds of options. If you don't want to spend too much time choosing a transfer program, then this article will solve your worries.
- Way 1: How to Transfer Apps from iPhone to iPhone via Quick Start
- Way 2: How to Transfer Apps from One iPhone to Another by AirDrop
- Way 3: How to Transfer Apps from Old iPhone to New iPhone Using App Store
- Way 4: How to Copy an App from One iPhone to Another Using iCloud
- Way 5: How to Share Apps from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
If you haven't set up your new iPhone yet, you can quickly set up your new device using the Quick Launch feature by following the steps below to transfer everything, including apps, from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. This feature requires you to make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both iPhones and that they are both within Bluetooth range. Let's see how to transfer apps from iPhone to iPhone without computer using Quick Start.
- Turn on Bluetooth on both iPhones and bring the two devices closer to each other.
- When the two iPhones are paired, you will see an animation appear on the new iPhone. Scan the animation with your old iPhone, and you'll see a notification that says "Done on new iPhone."
- Go to the new iPhone, enter the passcode of the old iPhone, and follow the on-screen instructions to start transferring everything.
Note: This method will transfer everything from the old iPhone to the new iPhone. If you just want to transfer apps, this method is not for you. You can read on for other solutions below.
You May Be Interested in:
AirDrop for iOS is equivalent to Bluetooth on Android devices and is a built-in tool in Apple devices. It allows you to share music, photos and various other data files between Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad and Mac. Then, can you AirDrop apps from iPhone to iPhone? Sure! Follow the steps below to learn how to transfer apps from iphone to iphone via bluetooth similar tool - AirDrop.
- First, make sure that both iPhones are compatible with the AirDrop feature. (This article how to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac has a detailed list of all AirDrop compatible devices.)
- Unlock your old iPhone and select the apps you want to send to your new iPhone. Then, click the "Share" button and select your AirDrop contact (i.e. your target iPhone) among all the offered features.
- On your new iPhone, tap "Accept" to start the apps transfer process.
Not only can you buy and download apps, music, videos, or other content from the App Store, but you can also easily move purchased items from your existing Apple ID to your new device. The following steps will show you how to transfer apps from iPhone to iPhone via the App Store.
- First, make sure that both devices are using the same Apple ID.
- Click the "App Store" icon on your target iPhone and select the "Updates > Purchased" tab.
- Click "Not on this iPhone" to view all apps installed on other devices.
- Now you can click the download icon to install these apps on this iPhone.
You May Be Interested in:
- 6 Flexible Ways to Transfer Apps from Android to Android
- How Long Does It Take to Back Up iPhone to iCloud/iTunes? Here's The Answer
Another ideal option for transferring apps from iPhone to iPhone is to use iCloud. This is actually a backup and restore project. Another thing to note is that it will restore the entire backup to the new device, not just the app. Before you start, you need to make sure you have a stable WiFi connection and enough storage space in iCloud. Then, follow the steps below to transfer games from iPhone to iPhone.
- Connect your old iPhone to the WiFi network. Go to "Settings" > [your name] > "iCloud" > "iCloud Backup" to back up your old device.
- Wait patiently for the backup process to complete, go to the new iPhone and set it up. If you've already set up a new iPhone, you must clear it first.
- When the Wi-Fi screen appears, select the network to join.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you see the Apps & Data screen.
- Select the "Restore from iCloud Backup" option and sign in with the Apple ID you used on your old iPhone.
- Select the backup you just created and wait for iCloud to restore your files to your new iPhone.
Can you share apps from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes? Yes! Like iCloud, you can also use iTunes to get apps on new iPhone. To do this, you need to back up your old device before restoring it to your new iPhone. Note that doing so will delete your new iPhone's content and settings, and this will back up and restore your entire device, not just apps. How do I transfer my apps to my new iPhone with iTunes? The following steps will answer you.
- Connect your old iPhone to the computer and run iTunes.
- Click the Devices icon on the iTunes interface and select the Summary option. Select "Backup Now" from the right panel. Wait for the backup process to complete.
- Disconnect your old iPhone from your computer, then turn on your new iPhone and set it up.
- When you see the Apps & Data screen, select the Restore from iTunes Backup option and click Next.
- Connect the new iPhone to the same computer you used to back up the old iPhone, run iTunes again and click the device icon.
- Click "Restore Backup", select the correct backup, and then click "Restore" to restore your applications and other files to your new iPhone.
That's all for five possible ways to transfer apps from one iPhone to another. Among them, using Quick Start, iTunes and iCloud are suitable for transferring all data and devices to the new iPhone, while if you only want to transfer apps, then we recommend you to use the App Store and AirDrop.
Also, if you need to transfer other types of data, such as contacts, notes, calendars, etc., from iPhone to iPhone, then you can check out MobiKin Transfer for Mobile, a software dedicated to help you share data freely and selectively between two devices, no matter if your device is iOS or Android.