4 Incredible Methods for Transferring Music from Computer to iPod
It is undeniable that although the sales of iPods have been relatively low in recent years, there are still quite a lot of people who are faithful Pod enthusiasts. iPod, a dedicated music player, has the edge in endurance and sound quality, compared with iPhone.
Often, many folks would collect cherished songs on their computer. Yet while running, exercising, climbing or traveling, they're more likely to listen to music on a portable iPod. Thus many times, how to transfer music from computer to iPod effectively is an inevitable question for many iPod fans. OK, today we'll cover 4 practical solutions in response to this issue.
Want to listen to music cozily on your iPod anywhere you like? To achieve the perfect movement of songs from your computer to this device, here we'd like to let you know a slick program - iOS Transfer.
Thanks to this full-fledged software, you are allowed to move your content from computer to iPod without covering any previous data on your iPod. It has also won the hearts of people throughout the globe for its seamless transfer, lossless outcomes and good performance on safety.
Key Features of iOS Transfer:
- Transfer data among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
- Allow to move files like Music, Photos, Podcasts, Ringtones, Audiobooks, Voice Memos, Playlists, Movies, Home Videos, TV shows, Contacts, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Messenger, Notes, etc.
- Fully manage music on iPhone/iPad/iPod. (e.g. edit album cover, artist, genre, convert music format, create music playlist, delete songs from iPod, and play iPod music directly.)
- It is superior to iTunes to manage data for iDevice on computer.
- Protect your privacy at all times.
- Run smoothly on overall iOS devices, like iPod touch 6/5/4/3/2, iPod shuffle 4/3/2, iPod nano 6/5/4, iPod classic 3/2, etc. and nearly all models of iPhone and iPad.
Now, feel free to download this software below to copy music from computer to iPod by yourself.
Guide on how to transfer music from computer to iPod via iOS Transfer:
Step 1. Link iPod to computer and run the tool
Attach your iPod to computer via a USB cable. Then launch iOS Transfer program after the installation. It will detect your iPod automatically. Now go with the easy guide on the screen to get your device recognized by the tool.
Step 2. Preview and choose desired songs
After the successful connection, all the items on iPod will be categorized on the left menu. Here, just click "Music" from the menu.
Step 3. Transfer music from computer to iPod
Click "+" button from the top menu, choose the music files or folders you need, and transfer them from computer to iPod without any trouble.
You May Need:
- [Solved] How to Transfer Music Files from iPod to Android?
- How to Make Your iPod Touch as Awesome as an iPhone?
When it comes to how to add music from computer to iPod, you guys may wonder how to do it with iTunes more often than not. Well, if your iPod is brand new, then it's an alright method. This is because the data in your iPod will be wiped away by iTunes in the procedure of music transfer. Plus, iTunes is unable to cope music in FLAC and APE format.
Step 1. Import songs from computer to iTunes
- Install the downloaded iTunes on computer. Then launch it.
- Click "File" from the upper left corner.
- Select "Add File to Library"/"Add Folder to Library" to move your songs to iTunes library.
Note: Assume your computer works with Windows Media Player, you should transfer music to iTunes library from the Player at first.
Step 2. Move music from iTunes to iPod
- Link your iPod to this computer via a USB cable, and wait for the automatic detection done by iTunes.
- Click the "Music" option from the left menu. Then tick on "Sync Music" box.
- If you need to migrate all your songs, simply mark "Entire music library" option.
- Press "Apply" to start moving music from iTunes to iPod.
Provided you lose some songs you like from the device unwittingly, just restore deleted music from iPod touch/shuffle with ease.
Dropbox, a cloud service, gives you the freedom to copy songs from computer to iPod over Wi-Fi. To get the task done well with it, you need to own a Dropbox account first. And then make sure there's enough remaining space in its cloud for saving songs temporarily (Not enough space in this cloud?
Step 1. Download and install Dropbox on both your computer and iPod.
Step 2. Run the program on computer after logging in to it with the account. Just click "Create Account" to register an account available as required.
Step 3. Hit "+" icon and select "Upload files" to choose your wanted songs to upload from this computer to Dropbox cloud.
Tips: Here, you can also go straight to dropbox.com, and upload the stuff to Dropbox cloud then.
Step 4. Start the Dropbox app on iPod after entering the same account. You'll find the uploaded songs now. Simply access these files from the cloud, and download the music you like to your iPod.
- 5 Easy Methods of Transferring Music from Old iPod to New iPod
- Tutorial to Restore Lost Data from Water Damaged iPod
If you're a Mac user, and your computer is running on macOS Catalina or later, you cannot sync music from Mac to iPhone with iTunes. Here, just try the whole thing out using Finder instead without any hassle.
How to transfer songs from computer to iPod using Finder:
- Open Finder on Mac computer, and have your iPod plugged into Mac with an applicable USB cord.
- Unlock your iPod and trust this Mac as prompted.
- Select your iPod under "Locations" tab from the Finder.
- Opt for the "Music" section.
- Tick off "Sync music onto [your iPod's name]", and choose what you want to proceed.
- Tap "Apply" to sync music from Mac computer to your iPod. Done!
Finally, here's a quick comparison list, assisting you to make a decision on the choice of methods intuitively.
- iTunes enables you to copy music from computer to iPod, but may erase the previous songs on this music player.
- Finder only works for Mac with macOS Catalina or later, and is not friendly to iPod with existing songs too.
- Dropbox takes time to upload a whole lot of songs, and might run out of space.
- iOS Transfer can completely circumvent the above problems. Again, it'll help you make a satisfactory management on iPod music, as well as other data on any iPhone or iPad.