5 Ultimate Methods to Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone 12/11/Xs Max/8/7
"How can I transfer songs from my iPod Classic to my iPhone 11? I have hundreds of songs that came from CD's or downloaded elsewhere and I can't figure out how to transfer music from iPod to iPhone. I hope to exclusively just use my iPhone for music but it's hard when only 300 of the 1000 songs transferred over. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great, thanks!"
iPod is known as one of the best MP3 players because it can not only play music, but also make calls, and even perform some of the functions that iPhone can achieve. However, as the iPhone functions have been upgraded year by year, people are more willing to listen to music directly on the iPhone, and the iPhone is slowly replacing the iPod. iPod enthusiasts in the past enjoy listening to music on the iPhone.
Today, you came here. I believe you must have encountered a problem with transferring music from iPod to iPhone. It doesn't matter, this article will recommend three different yet effective solutions to help you copy music from iPod to iPhone.
- Method 1: How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone with iTunes
- Method 2: How to Transfer Songs from iPod to iPhone without iTunes [Using iPod Music Transfer]
- Method 3: How to Move Music from iPod to iPhone with AirDrop
- Method 4: How to Get Music from iPod to iPhone via iTunes Store
- Method 5: How to Copy Music from iPod to iPhone via Sync Library
When it comes to transferring files between iOS devices, iTunes is undoubtedly the first choice. So, can iTunes transfer iPod music to iPhone? Yes. It can back up music from iPod to iTunes, and then download music from computer to iPhone. However, before using iTunes, you need to make the following preparations:
- Make sure that the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer.
- Make sure that the iOS version of iPhone is higher than that of iPod.
- Make sure that the "Find My iPhone" function is turned off. For iOS 10.2 and earlier: go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone > slide Find My iPhone off. For iOS 10.3 and later: go to Settings > YOUR NAME > tap iCloud > Find My iPhone > turn it off.
Follow the steps to transfer music from iPod to iPhone:
Step 1. Launch the iTunes on your computer and connect your iPod to the computer via a USB cable.
Step 2. On your iTunes, click "File" > "Devices" > "Transfer Purchases from (the name of your old iPod)" to transfer music from iPod to the iTunes library.
Step 3. Eject your iPod and connect your iPhone to the computer. Click the iPhone icon on the top left corner of the iTunes interface.
Step 4. Choose "Music" from the Summary section on the left and turn on the "Sync Music" option. Finally, click "Apply" to confirm this setting and then you finish the music transfer successfully.
You May Also Want to Know:
- How to Transfer Contacts from Computer to iPhone 12/11/11 Pro Max?
- How to Transfer Videos/Movies from iPad to Computer? [5 Easiest Ways]
How to download music from my iPod to my iPhone directly without iTunes, which is inconvenient to do? Here comes an alternative, iPod Music Transfer, an all-in-one iPhone, iPad and iPod data management program, enabling you to transfer music from iPod to iPhone with ease. Here are the key features of the program.
* It can directly transfer music from iPod to iPhone, and vice versa, without the help of iTunes.
* You are allowed to preview and select the music you want to copy from iPod to iPhone, computer or iTunes.
* The existing tracks on your iPhone won't be overwritten after the music transfer.
* Besides music, you can also transfer Photos, Movies, Ringtones, TV shows, Podcasts, Audiobooks, Playlists, etc. from iPod to iPhone directly.
* Fully compatible with various iDevices, like iPod touch 5/4/3, iPod shuffle 4/3/2, iPod nano 6/5/4, iPod classic 3/2, etc., as well as iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro Max, iPhone Xs Max/XR/Xs/X, 8/7/6, etc.
With it, you'll never worry about the file transmission between iPad, iPhone and iPod. All things can be done as easy as 1-2-3, and you can also deal with all kinds of file management issues. Now, you can click the below icons to free download the program on your computer, and then you can follow the below steps to copy iPod music to iPhone easily and quickly.
How to transfer songs from iPod to iPhone with iPod Music Transfer
Step 1: Download, install and run the program on your computer. Connect your iPod and iPhone to your computer with two USB cables. Once connected, the device will be detected by the program and all files on your devices will be shown in the interface. Select your iPod from the device list.
Step 2: Select "Music" from your iPod on the left sidebar and checkmark the music files you need. Click "Export to Device" button from the top menu and choose the connected iPhone device as your target location to transfer iPod music to iPhone.
You May Also Want to Know:
- What if iPhone Won't Sync with iTunes after Upgrading
- Top 3 Ways to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer for Free in 2020?
If you only have a few songs to transfer, then, transferring music from iPod to iPhone for free is possible by using AirDrop. It is totally free but time-consuming if you have a large number of songs to transfer. Also, AirDrop often not working on iOS devices. Therefore, choose this method if you are not demanding.
Step 1: Swipe up from the bottom of your iPod and iPhone screen to open the Control Center. Enable the "AirDrop" option. Make sure Bluetooth and WiFi are both enabled on the two devices.
Step 2: Open the Music app on your iPod and go to select the song you'd like to transfer.
Step 3: Click on the three-dots button to show detailed information about the music file. Then, choose "Share Song", select AirDrop as the medium and then choose the iPhone to send the selected song.
Step 4: On the target iPhone, tap "Accept" to receive the song. If you want to transfer more music files, you can repeat the above operations.
If your iPod music is purchased from the iTunes Store, you can directly get music from iPod to iPhone via the iTunes store.
How do I transfer music from iPod to iPhone via iTunes Store?
- On your iPhone, log in with the same Apple ID of your iPod.
- Go to the iTunes Store app and click "More" > "Purchased".
- Choose "Music" and opt for "Not on This iPod" option.
- Select All Songs and tap on "Download All" to download all of the music to your iPhone.
As long as you have subscribed to Apple Music, you can easily move music from iPod to iPhone by turning on Sync Library feature. Now, let's see how to get music downloaded from Apple Music from iPod to iPhone directly using Sync Library.
- Make sure you have subscribed to Apple Music.
- Open your iPhone, sign in with the Apple ID you used to purchase the Apple Music subscription.
- Turn to "Settings" > "Music" > turn on "Sync Library".
Step 4. After the above tasks are over, just start the Music app on your target iPod, and you'll access the synced songs there.
Above, we have collected 5 great ways to transfer music from iPod to iPhone. Using iTunes, you can transfer purchased music from iPod to iPhone. With iPod Music Transfer, you can transfer all types of music, including non-purchased ones. AirDrop is cumbersome to use, and can only transfer one song at a time. The other two methods, using iTunes Store and Sync Library. The former is only for purchased music, and the latter is required to subscribe to Apple Music.
So, which one is the best, I believe you have the answer in your mind. We hope this guide is helpful to you. If you find it really helped you, please don't forget to share it with others who also need help.