iPod Music Recovery: Recover Deleted Music on iPod touch/shuffle/nano/classic
iPod, a multifunctional digital multimedia player, is a "pocket computer" for listening to music, watching movies, and playing games. Yet sometimes, you may lose your iPod songs after an iOS update or accidental deletion. Then how to recover deleted music from iPod touch/classic/nano/shuffle may drive you crazy.
Is It Possible to Recover the Deleted iPod Songs?
Definitely yes! Once the song is deleted off from your iPod, only the space it occupies is marked as free for newly-written data. But there's still a chance for you to get back the lost music before being rewritten. So, to make iPod music recovery, you'd better not use your iPhone after the deletion. Then this easy guide will get you up and running.
- Way 1: How to Recover Deleted Songs from iPod via iTunes
- Way 2: How to Restore Songs from iPod with iCloud
- Way 3: How to Recover Deleted Music on iPod touch without Data Loss
- Way 4: How to Recover Music from iPod by Downloading from Family Members
- Extra Tips: How to Back Up Music from iPod touch to Computer
It's cumbersome to download the music again from iTunes. First, it's hard to remember the songs that need to be downloaded; second, you have to check both your iPod and the iTunes library to determine what are still there and what are deleted. Luckily, you can recover deleted iPod songs from iTunes if you had a copy of your iPod music in it.
How do I recover deleted songs from my iPod via iTunes?
- Connect your iPod to a computer via a USB cable.
- Run the latest version of iTunes if it won't open automatically.
- Click the iPod icon at the top right of the screen.
- Go to the Music tab from the left sidebar.
- Check Sync Music.
- Press Apply to start syncing songs from the iTunes library to the iPod.
You May Like:
- 4 Incredible Methods for Transferring Music from Computer to iPod
- Ultimate Guide on How to Recover Deleted Songs/Music from Android
As you may know, previously purchased items will appear within the purchased option of iTunes once you sign in to the same Apple ID used for getting the purchases. And you can access the songs you bought from iTunes Store on your iPod with iCloud. Then use this service to make iPod music recovery. (See how to back up iPod/iPhone/iPad music to iCloud?)
How to get my music back on my iPod with iCloud?
- Head to your iPod Settings > iCloud.
- Log in to your Apple ID and passcode.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Go to iTunes Store from the iPod's Home screen.
- Tap Purchased > Not on This iPod.
- You will find all the songs purchased by yourself on the screen.
- Select your wanted songs to download.
- You can click "Download All" to download all the purchased music.
iOS recovery software like MobiKin Doctor for iOS can get your hopes up when you want to recover deleted data on iOS devices but don't want to lose your important content on your device. It can recover data from iPods, iPhones, and iPads from iTunes backup files, and it can also recover deleted contacts and text messages from iOS devices directly, without any backup.
Key features of MobiKin Doctor for iOS:
- Recover data from iTunes backup or iDevices directly, without losing any data.
- Restore music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, books, voice memos, and many more from iOS devices.
- Let you preview and select data before recovery.
- Apply to various iOS devices, including iPod touch 7/6/5/4/3/2/1, iPod shuffle 4/3/2/1, a whole range of iPhones, iPads, etc.
- It won't let out your privacy.
You can now FREE download this program below:
Then let's see how to retrieve music files like voice memos from iPod with Doctor for iOS:
Step 1. Choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File"
Install the software on your computer. Run it and choose the "Recover from iTunes Backup File" section from the left menu. This tool will detect all the iTunes backup files on your computer automatically.
Step 2. Select the music you want to recover
Select the iTunes backup file you need and click "Start Scan" to find all recoverable file types in this backup. After that, choose "Voice Memos" and click "Start Scan".
Step 3. Recover iPod touch data from iTunes backup
When the scan stops, please preview and select the voice memos you want to get back. Then click "Recover to Computer" to save them on your computer.
Want to recover deleted contacts and text messages from your iOS device directly? Just give MobiKin Doctor for iOS a try. It can do the job without any backup or any technical hassle.
Check if You Need:
- 10 Best iPod Transfer Software Help Transfer Files from iPod to PC/Mac Easily
- 5 Ultimate Methods to Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone 12/11/Xs/8
With the Family Sharing feature on your iPod, you can share purchased items with other members of your family. Whenever a family member purchases a piece of music or an album, anyone else can enjoy it by downloading it.
Thus, if the members of your family had ever purchased the same songs that your iPod just lost, or perhaps they downloaded your iPod music, you can then get the deleted items easily via Family Sharing.
Similarly, to download songs purchased by any other members of your family, please go to iTunes Store, tap More > Purchased > choose a family member > download. This is a great alternative way to recover music off iPod.
You may find iPod deleted all songs before you realize it is a hiccup. Don't want to rush to recover music on iPod that might or might not succeed? It makes more sense to transfer your iPod songs to a computer for secure backup. MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Win and Mac) can make it as easy as ABC.
It can transfer and manage your iOS data, including photos, videos, music, eBooks, contacts, iMessages, notes, safari bookmarks, voice memos, podcasts, ringtones, playlists, etc. Further, it works well with various iOS devices.
How to back up music from iPod to a computer with Assistant for iOS?
- Plug your iPod touch into the computer through a USB cable.
- Launch the software on your PC.
- Do as the program prompts to let it recognize your device automatically.
- After that, tap Music from the left penal and preview all your iPod music on the right.
- Select your required songs and click the Export button to put them onto the computer.
To get lost music on your iPod, you can take any of the methods above. And again, do remember to make a backup of your iPod music regularly so that you can be fearless in the face of possible music loss.
Finally, as a digression, is there going to be a new iPod touch in 2021? Yeah, a redesigned iPod touch could arrive this fall. You can then transfer music from iPod to iPod if you are about to get a new one with a contemporary iPhone 12-inspired design.