[100% Solved] How to Transfer Files from OnePlus to Mac?
Transferring files from iPhone to Mac is a breeze. But what if you want to transfer the content on a OnePlus phone to the Mac? We all know that OnePlus phones and Mac computers are not compatible with each other. Sharing information between different operating systems requires some just and a little skill. In fact, this is not difficult to achieve. Because the solution is actually very simple.
You can use professional file transfer software, or use the backup and restore functions of cloud storage, to transfer files from OnePlus to Mac. Without further ado, let's start with the first method now.
- Way 1. How to Transfer Files from OnePlus to Mac with Assistant for Android (5 Minutes Way)
- Way 2. How to Transfer Data from OnePlus to Mac with Android Backup & Restore
- Way 3. How to Transfer Files from OnePlus to Mac with Android File Transfer
- Way 4. How to Transfer Data from OnePlus to Mac via Cloud Service (Google Drive & Dropbox)
Regarding the use of professional software to transfer files from OnePlus to Mac, our first recommendation is MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac). It is a one-stop solution specifically designed for Android device data management and transfer. It covers all functions related to data management, data backup and restoration. The file synchronization from OnePlus to Mac can be completed in up to three steps.
Why choose MobiKin Assistant for Android?
- Transfer various files like contacts, text messages, books, videos, music, etc. from OnePlus to Mac, and vice versa.
- Manage and edit Android data on computer directly.
- Back up and restore your Android phone data with one click.
- All files can be transferred without any data loss.
- Support overall Android phones, including the latest Samsung Galaxy S20/10/9/8, Note 9/8/7, Huawei P Smart/P30/P20/P10/P9, Mate X/30/20/10/9, etc.
- Windows version of Assistant for Android is also available.
OK, let's go back to the topic and see a detailed step-by-step guide on how to transfer files from OnePlus 6T/7T/One to Mac using Assistant for Android Mac.
Step 1. Connect OnePlus to Mac
Download and install the software on your Mac and launch it to get ready. Then, connect your OnePlus phone to the computer with a USB cable. The connected OnePlus phone will be detected by the software and you will see a window popping up like the picture below.
Make sure you have turned on USB debugging on your phone. If you don't know how to do it, you can click this link to learn how to enable USB debugging on a OnePlus phone.
Step 2. Select the files to transfer
Go to the left side menu to select the file types you want to transfer. For example, if you want to transfer photos from OnePlus to Mac, you should choose the "Photos" tab, preview the scanned out pictures and then select those you want to transfer to Mac.
Step 3. Complete the OnePlus to Mac file transfer
After selecting all the files you need, you can click on the "Export" button from the top menu, then choose an output location to save the transferred files.
If you want to restore the backed up files to the phone in the future, you can click the "Import" button at the top of the interface after the phone is successfully connected to the computer.
How do I transfer files from OnePlus One/6T to my Mac with one click?
Assistant for Android can also transfer data with one click. Go to the top menu to click the "Super Toolkit" tab. Then, you will enter the 1-click backup & restore window. Tap on the "Backup" option, select the data types you want to sync to Mac, choose a location on your Mac to save the backup file and then give a click on the "Back Up" button from the lower right corner of the screen.
You May Want to Know:
- Best Android File Transfer Alternatives for Mac in 2021
- 4 Effective Ways to Transfer Music from Mac to Android in 2021
Backup Manager for Android (Mac Version) is a powerful Android backup and restore software designed for Mac users to back up and restore Android data with Mac easily and quickly. It is able to back up contacts, messages, call logs, photos, videos, music, documents, apps and other types of data from OnePlus phone to Mac, and restore the data from backup to any Android device with ease. This tool is 100% secure and easy to use. Let's start to transfer data from OnePlus to Mac by using this Android Backup & Restore tool now.
Step 1: Connect your OnePlus device to Mac
Launch the downloaded and installed Android Backup and Restore software on your Mac. Connect your OnePlus phone to the Mac via USB cable. Once connected, the software will detect your phone automatically.
Step 2: Select the files for backup
On the main interface, choose the "Backup" option to enter the Android data backup window (Here, you can click "Restore" if you want to restore data from backup to your phone). Tick off the file types you want to back up from the data list.
Step 3: Back up your OnePlus phone to Mac
You can click "Browser" to choose an output location to save the exported phone data, and then click the "Back Up" button to begin saving the OnePlus phone data on your Mac computer.
Another tool that can transfer files between Android devices and Macs is Android File Transfer, which is a free application made by Google. It can connect your OnePlus phone to your Mac like an external USB drive, allowing you to easily view and transfer files and folders.
However, it should be noted that Android File Transfer requires your Android device to be running Android version 3.0 or higher, and it can only be compatible with macOS 10.7 or higher.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to transfer files from OnePlus phone to Mac using Android File Transfer:
- Download and install Android File Transfer on your Mac.
- Open "Finder" on your Mac, find and run the installed Android File Transfer. It will open automatically next time you connect your phone.
- Connect your OnePlus phone to the Mac via a USB cable.
- Tap on the "Charging this device via USB" notification on your OnePlus phone.
- Choose "File Transfer" under "Use USB for".
- An AFT window will open on your Mac, and you can select your wanted data and drag and drop them to your Mac.
How do I transfer photos from OnePlus 7T/One to my Macbook Pro via Android File Transfer? you can open the "DCIM"/"Pictures" folder to find your wanted pictures.
You May Want to Know:
There are many cloud storage applications that can transfer your files from OnePlus to your Mac computer via the Internet. Because cloud accounts can be logged in at different places, this gives great possibilities for data transmission and synchronization. You can first synchronize OnePlus phone data to your cloud account, then log in to this account on your Mac computer, and finally download the synchronized files to your computer.
Among many such applications, we can try the sophisticated Google Drive or Dropbox. The following are the approximate steps:
- First find the application in the Google Play Store and install it on your OnePlus phone.
- After the installation is complete, use the existing or newly registered account to log in.
- Go to the corresponding option to sync your target file to cloud storage (See how to upload Android files to Dropbox here).
- Go to the Mac, download and install the Google Drive or Dropbox desktop program.
- Log in to the same account, and you will find a folder on your Mac that contains all the files that have been automatically synchronized.
Hope that after reading this tutorial, you have successfully transferred files from OnePlus to Mac. All in all, the above methods are safe and effective. Summarizing the various methods in terms of ease of use and functionality, our best choice is MobiKin Assistant for Android Mac. On the one hand, it consumes less time compared to Android File Transfer, and compared to cloud services, It supports many file formats and more powerful functions.
However, the final choice is still in your hands. Don't forget to share your successful experience in the comments section below.