How to Back Up and Restore Android Devices in 6 Ways [Easy & Quick]
Android-based mobiles phones have always been a strong force in intelligent terminal devices. Having an Android phone means that you probably won't lead the topic away from "how to back up and restore Android phones or tablets". That's because you would obviously risk data loss when accidental deletion, phone misplacement, or factory settings occurs.
So, is there a terrific method to back up and restore Android data like contacts, photos, and documents? Well, that's easy! Focus on this passage to get the most anticipated methods now.
- Method 1: Back Up and Restore Android in One Click
- Method 2: Back Up and Restore Android Phone with Assistant for Android
- Method 3: Back Up and Restore Your Android Device via Google Account
- Method 4: Back Up and Restore Files on Android Tablet via Samsung Account (Samsung Only)
- Method 5: Back Up and Restore Android with Android File Transfer (Mac Only)
- Method 6: Back Up and Restore Android Phone with Apps
Method 1: Back Up and Restore Android in One Click
Want to get a suitable backup and restore software? Take a look at MobiKin Backup Manager for Android (Win and Mac); another name for it is Android Backup & Restore. As a tool tailored for Android users, it is second to none in the industry, considering its simplicity, security, timeliness, and affordability. It can help you back up your entire phone to your computer and restore data to any Android device.
Core features of Backup Manager for Android:
- One-tap to back up and restore an Android phone/tablet quickly.
- Transfer your wanted data types from one Android phone to a PC/Mac and move them to any Android cellphones.
- Apple to such files as contacts, messages, call logs, photos, music, videos, documents, and apps.
- Two connection modes: Wi-Fi and USB.
- Work well with various Android devices, including Samsung, Xiaomi, Motorola, Sony, LG, Vivo, Huawei, Google, etc.
- It won't disclose your privacy.
Section 1: How to back up your Android device with Android Backup & Restore?
Step 1. Start the program on a PC/Mac
Open the software after you download and install it on your computer. Then connect your Android phone to the computer through a USB cable.
Step 2. Go to the "Backup" option
You may now need to enable USB debugging on Android to have your phone recognized. After that, it will display the screen with "Backup" and "Restore". Just select the former.
Step 3. Back up Android phone to computer
Pick the data types you'd like to back up. Then specify a location on your computer to get them stored. Finally, tap on "Back Up" to copy Android data to this computer.
- Top 7 Ways to Transfer Files from Android to Android (Ultimate Guide)
- 3 Best Ways to Backup and Restore iPhone (#3 is Excellent)
Section 2: How to restore your Android device with Android Backup & Restore?
Step 1. Choose the "Restore" option
When the software recognizes your Android phone, choose "Restore" from the main screen and check the backup content you've made before.
Step 2. Restore Android phone
Select your desired file type(s) and tap on "Restore" again to put the items onto the linked device.
Method 2: Back Up and Restore Android Phone with Assistant for Android
If you want to preview the Android content and choose whatever you want to back up, MobiKin Assistant for Android (Win and Mac) can also be included in your list of options. Similarly, it plays functions on files like contacts, messages, media files, documents, apps, etc.
In addition to providing more convenient transmission, it can also perform one-click backup & restore and let you further manage your phone on a computer directly.
How to back up and restore Android phone with Assistant for Android?
- Download Assistant for Android when you install and open it on a computer.
- Make a physical connection between your Android phone and the computer via USB.
- Get your phone identified by following the specifications on the screen.
- After the recognition, press any data types from the left menu.
- Preview and select the specific files you want to backup.
- Lastly, tap "Export" to back up your chosen files to the computer.
- Select any file types from the left menu.
- Tap "Import" at the top screen to choose the backup content from your computer.
- Save the items to restore them to your Android phone.
This smart tool also lets you back up and restore Android phones in bulk. Back up: After the connection and recognition, go to the program's "Super Toolkit" > "Backup" > choose data categories > "Back Up". Restore: tap "Super Toolkit" > "Restore" > select backup files > "Restore".
Method 3: Back Up and Restore Your Android Device via Google Account
Google account is a built-in service on most Android phones. Before doing the task with it, please first check the following notes:
- You have a Google account available linked to your Android phone.
- Unlock your Android mobile and be sure to enable the WiFi feature.
- You cannot restore a backup from a higher Android version to a device with a lower OS.
How to back up files on Android tablet/phone and restore them with a Google account?
- Back up: Go to your phone's "Settings" > "Backup & reset" > "Backup my data". Now, make sure that the "Backup my data" option is enabled to sync Android data via your Google account. (You can set up your Google account a set up a preferable one before syncing; Is Google backup not working?)
- Restore: Head to "Settings" > "Backup & reset" > find and switch on "Automatic restore". The backup you just made will be restored on your phone finally.
Note: The details may vary slightly depending on the phone, and there will only be some changes in the name of the buttons.
- [Ultimate Guide] 6 Best Methods to Clean Junk Files on Android Phones/Tablets
- 3 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Files from Android in 2022
Method 4: Back Up and Restore Files on Android Tablet via Samsung Account (Samsung Only)
A Samsung account gives you the ability to back up your private data and Settings on Samsung and restore them whenever you need. As its name suggests, it is exclusive to Samsung phones/tablets, and you need to register for an account first.
How to back up Android data before factory reset and restore it with a Samsung account?
- Back up: Go to your Samsung phone's "Settings" > "Cloud and Accounts" > "Samsung Cloud" > "Backup Settings" (Log into your Samsung account if needed). Then touch "BACK UP NOW". (Settings has stopped on Samsung?)
- Restore: Head to Samsung's "Settings" > "Cloud and Accounts" > "Samsung Cloud" > check the backup and tap "Restore" > "RESTORE NOW".
Method 5: Back Up and Restore Android with Android File Transfer (Mac Only)
Android File Transfer, an app for macOS offering more of an iTunes-like feature, can be used to back up and restore any Android phone without effort. It works for Mac with macOS 10.7 and higher.
How to back up Android before resetting and then restore backups with Android File Transfer?
- Get Android File Transfer on a Mac.
- Install and open it before linking Android to the Mac via USB.
- Follow the prompts to get your phone identified.
- After that, an Android File Transfer window will appear.
- Back up: Check the list of folders on your Android phone.
- Copy and paste any items you need to store on this Mac.
- Restore: Double-click "Applications" to get into your local folder on Mac.
- Drag the files from "Applications" or Mac and drop them in the window with phone data.
Method 6: Back Up and Restore Android Phone with Apps
Finally, you also have the option to back up and reset Android with some dedicated apps like Easy Backup & Restore. This ingenious app enables you to copy your Android files in a zip archive format for easy viewing as well as restore them as required. It mainly works for items like contacts, SMS, MMS, call logs, calendars, bookmarks, and dictionaries.
How to back up and restore Android with apps:
- Download and install Easy Backup & Restore on your Android phone.
- Open the app, and you'll be prompted to take a backup of your device; just tap "Yes".
- Back up: Pick whatever you want from the data types to copy and set a location for the backup. Name the file and click "OK" to trigger the Android sync. Wait until the backup is complete.
- Restore: Run the app and touch the "Restore" when prompted. Then do as the instructions imply to get back your wanted files from the backup you ever created.
- Methods 1 and 2 are widely applicable, compared with ways 4 and 5, and method 2 can further let you manipulate your Android phone on a larger screen directly.
- Option 3 requires you to have a Google account linked with your mobile phone and fully relies on the network, which may lead to a sluggish backup and restore.
- The last resort can be implemented with a downloaded third-party app, which might be from some untrusted source with unknown security.
6 Methods to Backup and Restore Your Samsung Galaxy
How to Access WhatsApp Backup on Local, Google Drive, iCloud, etc.?
How to Restore iTunes Backup to Samsung Galaxy S22/S21/S20/S10/Note 10?
How to Back Up Calendar on Android Phone? Most People Don't Know.
6 Best Android Lock Screen Removal Software to Unlock Your Phone Easily
10 Best Android Phone Repair Software and Apps to Fix Android System Issues