How to Delete Viber Messages on iPhone
Just like any other messaging apps, this Viber messenger also enables you to make free phone calls, chat with your friends and families, send photos or texts totally for free as needed and wanted, as long as you can have easy access to Wifi. And more importantly, this app has different versions targeted at different people like Android and iOS device users.
Undoubtedly Viber Messenger does facilitate your mobile experience and lets you connect closer to the global world, but it actually poses some potential dangers to your iPhone, iPad or other devices if you do not properly handle all related messages or contacts within your Viber app.
Therefore, in terms of those messages containing your personal information but of no use any longer, you are highly suggested to delete them from your device so as to ensure that these private files won't leak your personal information under any circumstances. And in some cases when you want to permanently delete Viber messages on iPhone, simple deletion within the device itself is not enough. Now, let's just have a look at different ways to delete Viber messages on iPhone.
Tutorial: How to Delete Viber Messages on iPhone
Method 1. Remove iPhone Viber Messages within the Device (Recoverable)
Of course, you can delete Viber messages from iPhone directly. And you are free to delete all messages or individual messages as desired. Now, just follow the below step-by-step guide:
- Navigate to Viber icon on your iPhone and open it.
- Press and hold the message that you want to delete from iPhone.
- Choose the Delete option on the pop-up dialogue.
- Now, you can delete the messages just for yourself or for everyone. (Note: "Everyone" means that other people won't see these messages, either. But it just applies to the messages that you have sent to others.)
But as mentioned in the above, simple deletion within the device itself cannot permanently wipe them out. As long as you get a professional data recovery tool like this Doctor for iOS, you can easily get them back. And it would be a disaster if these deleted files are recovered by certain person with bad ideas. So you need to permanently remove Viber messages from iPhone for double security. Here, you can have a try of this MobiKin Eraser for iOS (Windows/Mac) software.
It enables you to delete Viber messages on iPhone once and for all, without any possibility of being recovered. Moreover, this all-in-one data eraser allows you to effortlessly and permanently delete any other files from your device, including contacts, messages, photos, videos, apps and many more. And all devices of iPhone, iPad and iPod can be perfectly supported. Below are the free trial versions of this software, you can actually download the right one and give it a try by yourself!
And this professional software boasts a super easy user interface, empowering you to permanently delete Viber messages on iPhone within 1-2-3 steps. Just follow the below guide:
- Open the installed software on the computer and then link your Android phone to the computer via the USB cord.
- Now, choose the right erasing mode to continue the process.
- All files will now be detected and displayed on the main interface for your inference. You can then go to Viber Messenger app on your phone and tick out the files that you want to delete on iPhone.
- On the promo dialogue, remember to hit the OK option to confirm your action.
Now, just wait patiently for the process to get completed within a little while. Till now, you have successfully deleted Viber messages on iPhone and they won't be recovered no matter which recovery tool you are using.