How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone? 100% Work!
Recording HD video shots on an iPhone is a great pleasure for some Apple fans; others like to download videos on iPhone from Twitter or other sources; and still others are used to getting video clips from chat applications. Videos on the iPhone sometimes disappear suddenly when we manage the device in haste. And for the causes like no previous backup or copyright protection, we could lose some valuable clips for good.
Now, you may want to know how to recover deleted videos from iPhone if these occurred to you. OK, this article will present 5 viable methods to help you tackle this issue, regardless of the situations you're faced with.
- Part 1: Reasons for the Loss of the iPhone Videos
- Part 2: How to Retrieve Deleted Videos on iPhone from Recently Deleted Album
- Part 3: How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone Using iPhone Data Recovery
- Part 4: How to Get Deleted Videos Back on iPhone with iCloud
- Part 5: How to Restore Deleted Videos on iPhone from iTunes Backup
- Part 6: How to Recover Deleted Movie on iPhone by Re-downloading it from iTunes Store
We all know that iPhone video would vanish if we accidentally deleted videos on iPhone while freeing up space on iPhone. Yet, what else is responsible for this phenomenon? Now, let's take a quick look at it:
- Accidental Deletion: making a mistaken tap on a video either from iPhone or iTunes backup would cause the items to be lost.
- Physical Damage: you might not find the video clips in the iPhone due to hardware damage, water damage or high temperature, and the like.
- iPhone Lost: iPhone loss or stolen is another major cause of video loss.
- Factory Reset: during the upgrade process, errors in system files may result in the loss of iPhone data. For example, when iOS 10.3 was updated, one of the components may cause the user's personal data to disappear, according to some reports.
- iPhone Jailbreak: compared with Android device, iPhone is less likely to lose files due to virus or system instability, but the odds of video loss is greatly increased if you do a jailbreak for your iPhone.
- How to Recover Deleted SMS from iPhone 12/12 Max/11/XS/XR?
- 4 Effective Ways to Recover Snapchat Photos from iPhone
As we described just now, accidental deletion is the main reason for the disappearance of videos, but how can we undelete videos on iPhone? Actually, we can do this by going to the Album from the Photos app. And after the restore, we can check them in the iPhone's Camera Roll.
How to find deleted videos on iPhone from the Recently Deleted album and then recover them?
- Open the "Photos" app on your iPhone.
- Head to the "Album" tab.
- Scroll down to find and tap the "Recently Deleted" Album.
- Touch the "Select" option at the upper left.
- Handpick your wanted video clips to restore.
- Tap "Recover"/"Restore" to retrieve them.
The Recently Deleted album is the temporary location for these videos. And they will stay there for only 30 days after deletion.
What can we do if there is no deleted videos in the recently deleted album? How to retrieve deleted videos from Camera Roll? How to get deleted videos back from the App Videos folder? Well, it's easy! MobiKin Doctor for iOS can help you do this from any Windows PC or Mac computer. This state-of-the-art software allows you to recover videos from your iPhone, as long as you have backed them up on your iTunes.
Major features of Doctor for iOS:
- Recover deleted/lost iPhone videos from iTunes backup, without deleting data on your device.
- Recover deleted contacts and messages from iPhone directly with no backup.
- Enable you to regain iPhone photos, contacts, messages, call history, notes, and more.
- Give you the ability to preview and pick the specific files for recovery.
- Apply to almost all iOS devices, covering iPhone 12 series/11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus, iPad, and iPod touch, etc.
- It never records its users' privacy.
How to recover deleted videos from iPhone via iPhone Data Recovery?
Step 1. Launch Doctor for iOS
Launch Doctor for iOS on your PC/Mac after the download and installation. Choose the "Recover from iTunes Backup File" section. Then, all iTunes backup records you have made will be scanned and listed on the interface. Choose the one you need and tap "Start Scan" to continue.
Step 2. View and pick the deleted videos
Now, you'll see all recoverable file types are listed in the main screen of the tool. You can choose the "Camera Roll" folder and click "Start Scan" to load all the deleted videos in the iTunes backup.
Step 3. Recover iPhone videos in one tap
Mark all the desired videos missing from this iPhone and then hit the "Recover to Computer" button to recover them in one click.
Some users may often back up the iPhone data to iCloud or sync videos and photos by activating iCloud Photos. In these cases, it is also viable to recover data from the iCloud backups. But note that this process will overwrite the previous content on your iPhone. And please ensure that the iPhone is connected to a stable WiFi network. Now, here are 2 ways to undelete videos on iPhone from iCloud backup.
- How to Retrieve Deleted Videos on iPhone from iCloud Backup
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings > Erase Now > Erase iPhone.
2. Turn on your iPhone, and you'll see a Hello screen. Follow the on-screen prompts to get the "Apps and Data" screen. From here, touch "Restore from iCloud Backup".
3. Log in to iCloud with your Apple ID and choose a backup for restoring. After that, the data restore should begin.
4. Sign in to your Apple ID account to re-establish the applications and purchases.
Note: Here, if the items in iTunes or App Store are from different Apple IDs, you need to sign in from each account.
5. This procedure should take some time due to the backup size and your network. Afterward, you'll fetch all the deleted videos on your iPhone.
- How Can I Recover Deleted Videos from My iPhone from iCloud Photos
- On your iPhone, head to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Touch the "Photos" tab.
- Switch on the "iPhone Photos" button.
- After a few minutes, you can try to check for the deleted videos from your iPhone.
- Practical Guide: How to Recover Deleted Videos from SD Card
- 3 Methods on How to Backup iPhone to PC/Computer
If your iPhone backup is in iTunes other than iCloud, you can also make iPhone video recovery from iTunes backup. However, this approach is even less efficient than using iCloud. And after the recovery, you'll see the deleted videos, along with other items in that backup. But the previous content in this iPhone will be erased concurrently.
How can I recover deleted videos from my iPhone 12/11/XR/XS/8, etc., from iTunes backup:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to a computer and start iTunes on this computer.
Step 2. Double-click the device icon after it shows up on the window of iTunes.
Step 3. Choose "Restore Backup..." and select a relevant backup.
Step 4. Click "Restore" and wait until the procedure ends. All your iTunes backup will then be back, including the deleted videos.
Please note that you have to keep your iPhone linked before the completion of the entire task.
If the videos you want to restore are purchased from the iTunes Store, including movies, music, TV shows, etc., it's a good idea to download them from there again.
To recover deleted movie on iPhone by re-downloading it from iTunes Store:
- Launch the "iTunes Store" app on your iPhone.
- Go to More > Purchased from the bottom of the screen.
- Pick your desired movies, TV shows, etc., to re-download from the coming list.
- Touch "Not on This [device]".
- Locate the content you want to recover, and then tap on it.
- Tap the "iCloud Download" icon to re-download the stuff to your iPhone.
Can you recover deleted videos on iPhone now? We're sure you can! Here, to protect the existing iPhone data, it is suggested to use MobiKin Doctor for iOS to get deleted videos back on iPhone from iTunes backup, without deleting or overwritting existing data on your device.
All in all, this smart utility offers you a completely safe and fast solution, helping carry out tasks with minimal effort.