How to Recover Permanently Deleted Videos from iPhone with/without Backup?
In the information age, almost everyone has a smartphone, perhaps an Apple iPhone. It can be a headache in terms of insufficient memory space on it. And the external storage, which iPhone doesn't support, adds to its memory load. Well, amid the frustrating situation, most of us would like to delete iOS data, such as large videos, to free up space on iPhone.
Now, imagine you deleted the important ones and want to recover permanently deleted videos from iPhone; please don't miss this page. Because we will show you five incredible ways here to help get lost videos back quickly.
- Method 1: Get Back Deleted iPhone Videos from Recently Deleted Folder
- Method 2: Get iPhone Videos Back after Deleting from Recently Deleted via iCloud Backup
- Method 3: Retrieve Deleted Videos on iPhone by Redownloading from iTunes Store
- Method 4: Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone via iTunes Backup
- Method 5: Recover Permanently Deleted Videos on iPhone Flexibly [No Data Loss]
- Bonus: How to Keep iPhone Videos From Being Deleted?
Accidentally deleted video on iPhone? By default, iPhone moves deleted video clips first to the Recently Deleted folder/album for 30 days. Namely, if you check there within the period, you can select and restore them to your Videos album. And after that, you'll have to try a different way. (Some Android mobile users can also restore media files from a recently deleted folder on Android)
How to retrieve deleted videos on iPhones 14/13/12/11/X/XR/Xs/8 from Recently Deleted folder?
- Open the Photos app and tap on Albums.
- Select the "Recently deleted" album.
- Now, tap on "Select" and choose all videos you wish to retrieve.
- Push "Recover"/"Restore" and confirm what you want to recover.
You May Wonder:
- 3 Best Ways to Backup and Restore iPhone (#3 is Excellent)
- Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Videos from Android Phone without Root
For those who made a previous backup of an iPhone with iCloud, it's a good idea to get deleted videos from the iCloud backup. Please note that this will erase your iPhone as you have to reconfigure your device before the recovery. Here's how to get videos back after deleting from recently deleted via iCloud backup:
- Open iPhone Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Contents and Settings.
- Choose "Erase Now" and enter your password.
- Tap on "Erase iPhone" to confirm.
- Turn on your iPhone, and you should see a Hello screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you get the "Apps and Data screen".
- Tap "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and select a backup.
- Take a look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most important.
- Whenever asked, sign in to your Apple ID account. (Note that if the files in your iTunes or App Store are from different Apple IDs, you have to sign in from each account.)
- Once down, you can finish your setup and use your iPhone. And all your deleted videos will get back on your iPhone.
If you have deleted TV shows, movies, or music purchased from iTunes, the files can probably be downloaded there. Now, let's check out how to make iPhone video recovery by downloading from iTunes Store:
- Open the iTunes Store app.
- On your iPhone, please tap "More" in the menu at the bottom.
- Tap on the "Purchased" icon.
- Select movies or TV shows, whichever you want to re-download.
- Push "Download All" to get what you want on your iPhone.
Check If You Need:
- Not Enough Space to Back Up iPhone on Mac/PC? 10 Solutions for You
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 13/12/11/Xs/Xs Max/X/8?
Some Apple users might have kept a backup of the iPhone with iTunes or Finder. At this point, it's possible to restore deleted videos by recovering the iPhone from the whole backup. Remember that you will be required to reset your iPhone before leaving with what is on the backup.
How to find/recover deleted videos on iPhone via iTunes backup?
- Connect your iPhone to the PC or Mac you backed it up with. Open iTunes up manually if it doesn't start automatically. (If you are using a Mac running Catalina or later, open "Finder" instead.)
- Click on the iPhone icon at the top left corner. On a Mac running macOS Catalina or up, you can choose your iPhone from the left menu bar in Finder.
- Next, click "Restore Backup". All the data, including the videos you previously backed up, will soon replace the data on your iPhone.
- It may take minutes. And after that, the videos should then appear in the "Album" on your iPhone. (iPhone won't restore from iTunes backup?)
Admittedly, iTunes provides us with convenient backup options, but when restoring videos, this tool only allows us to restore the whole backup on the one hand - you cannot preview and select the content you want; on the other hand, it will also erase the existing content on your iDevice. Well, all the adverse effects brought by iTunes can be ended with the help of MobiKin Doctor for iOS, a flexible iOS data recovery software.
Main characteristics of MobiKin Doctor for iOS:
- Recover permanently deleted videos on iPhone from iTunes backup.
- Restore all your items without deleting existing data on your device.
Retrieve lost/deleted iPhone contacts, messages, etc., without backup.
- Reinstate iPhone photos, contacts, messages, call history, voice memos, calendars, notes, and more.
Let you preview and pick the specific files before recovery.
- Run smoothly on overall iOS devices, such as iPhone 14/14 Pro/14 Pro Max/14 Plus, iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini, iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't disclose your privacy.
How to retrieve deleted videos from iPhones with MobiKin Doctor for iOS?
Step 1. Launch Doctor for iOS on your computer after the download and installation. Select "Recover from iTunes Backup File". Then, all the backup records you've made will be listed on the interface. Just pick the one you need and tap "Start Scan".
Step 2. Next, you'll see all recoverable file types on the main screen of the program. You can then choose "Camera Roll" and click on "Start Scan" to load all the deleted videos from the iTunes backup.
Step 3. Mark all the required videos missing from this iPhone and press the "Recover to Computer" button to restore them in one click.
Instead of thinking about how to recover the lost iPhone video clips, it's better to plan ahead and take practical actions to reduce the possibility of video loss. Here are some ways to protect iPhone video and other content.
- Secure your iPhone from environmental damage.
- Create backups of your iPhone on a regular basis.
- Double-check before deleting videos/photos from your iPhone.
- Look out when sharing your iPhone.
- Be cautious when clicking links from unknown sources.
Call It a Day
In summary, it is remarkably easy to recover permanently deleted videos on iPhone, all thanks to booming modern techniques. First, you can check to see whether the deleted videos are still in your iPhone's Recently Deleted album. If push comes to shove, just try to get them from iTunes Store or iTunes/iCloud backup as required, if any. Finally, don't forget to refer to the suggestions above to better protect the content on your iPhone.