A Beginner's Guide to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPad
Social media apps are booming notwithstanding, SMS plays an indispensable role in our lives. Imagine when you deleted messages on your iPad by accident, you were anxious to regain the iMessage, SMS, or MMS for an important reason. Then how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPad?
Unfortunately, there's no direct way to get them back unless you use 3rd-party applications or a backup. Well, don't be distraught or feel remorse. Just keep reading this detailed guide to learn the 4 stress-free ways to put an end to this topic.
To take this method, make sure you had synced iPad messages to iTunes before they were deleted. It can be carried out on a PC or Mac. And please note that you will need to use Finder to restore your iPad from the backup if your Mac is powered by macOS Catalina or later.
How to retrieve deleted text messages iPad mini/Pro/Air/2 from iTunes backup?
- Connect the iPad with the computer where you made the backup to iTunes.
- Open iTunes and make sure your iPad turns up in the window. (iTunes couldn't connect to this iPhone/iPad?)
- Select "Restore Backup" from the iTunes "Summary" window.
- Follow the built-in guide to restore the iPad from the old iTunes backup file.
You May Need:
- How to Effectively Recover Data on A Locked iPad?
- Android Message Recovery - How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Android
iCloud gives you an option to recover deleted messages from iPad as well. Before the job, ensure the backup you ever made includes the items you want to get back. Moreover, you have to erase your iPad and set it up again during the restore.
How to retrieve deleted messages on iPad from iCloud backup?
- Navigate to the iPad "Settings" > "Profile" > "iCloud" > "Manage Storage".
- Choose "Backups" and check the date of the iCloud backup.
- Head to iPad "Settings" > "General" > "Reset".
- Now, tap on "Erase All Content and Settings" to wipe off all the current data on your device.
- Next, set up your iPad as usual. During the setup, you can restore your device from the iCloud backup.
- Once your Pad has been successfully restored, the deleted text messages will be back on your device.
It's very slow to work, either backing up your iPad or restoring it. Thus, it's better to back up your iPad to a computer for easy preview and safe preservation after the recovery.
This isn't the last resort to restore lost messages, but it is the best approach to regain iPad texts without any backup. To do this, you just need to download and install MobiKin Doctor for iOS. This top-notch program empowers you to restore iPad text messages, including the message attachments, with or even without backup. It lets you recover all your specific files as you want with just simple clicks.
Main features of Doctor for iOS:
- Retrieve deleted text messages/contacts on iPad or iPhone directly.
- Restore iOS data from iTunes backup selectively.
- Support to recover contacts, SMS, photos, music, videos, books, voice memos, notes, calendar, and more.
- Allow you to preview and select specific files for recovery.
- Play functions on various iDevices, such as iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad mini, the new iPad, iPad 2, iPhone, iPod touch, etc.
- It won't divulge your privacy.
How to restore deleted messages on iPad with MobiKin Doctor for iOS?
Step 1. Choose "Recover from iOS Device"
Install the downloaded utility on a computer before starting it. Connect your iPad to this computer via a USB. The tool will make an automatic detection on the device. Please select "Recover from iOS Device" from the screen.
Step 2. Select "Messages"
Once the tool recognizes the linked iPad, it will display all the recoverable file types. Just tick on "Messages" and press "Start Scan" to let the software scan your device's database.
Step 3. Retrieve deleted text messages on iPad
After the scan, please check the missing text messages you want and hit "Recover to Computer" at the bottom of the panel. Soon, you can find all the deleted items you want on this computer.
- 4 Easy Approaches to Export Text Messages from iPhone/iPad to PDF
- How to Reset iPad without Password? (4 Ways Available)
Your iPad's SIM service provider might keep a record of the text messages you sent. So, you could try to contact your carrier to get the records of the texts. Please note that it only applies to SMS with green bubble conversations rather than iMessages with blue bubble. Your carrier won't retain the duplicate messages, for each iMessage is encrypted on your device.
Well, how to retrieve deleted messages on the iPad by contacting the device provider? To get the lost items quickly, you will need to jump through many hoops to prove your identity or get permission from someone you were texting. Plus, most carriers might keep records of messages for a limited time, let's say, one year only.
Words in the End
At times, there are moments in which you or your kids accidentally press the "Delete" button on your iPad. You may worry about whether there is a backup on iCloud/iTunes or any SMS content you want in the backup. Fret not! All you need is a smart tool like MobiKin Doctor for iOS. With this software, you can retrieve your iPad's text messages, contacts, and other content whenever and wherever you desire, even in the absence of a backup.