Simple Method to Copy Photos Between Sony Xperia and Computer
New Sony phone model, such as Sony Xperia Z5, is significantly brighter than the previous models and you can better see what's on your screen in bright light owing to the "Live Color LED" tech. This makes users download lots of pictures or take photos with it. But as the storage runs out, people need to release the space to contain more new pictures. As it's known to all, it's safer to copy the old ones to the computer to prevent them from missing. You can directly copy and paste the photos between Sony and PC but later in the passage, we will show you the great and reliable photo transfer assistant software to help you sync the photos between Sony cell phone and computer safely with one click. Keep reading and find out which way you prefer to.
1. Use an Android USB cable to connect your Sony Xperia phone to the computer. (Note: If you get a prompt about selecting a connection type, just choose the Media Device MTP)
2. Click the Windows logo on the bottom left corner of your computer's screen, and then click the folder-shaped icon in the lower-left side of the Start window. This will open the File Explorer program.
3. Go to the left side bar of the File Explorer to find your Sony phone's name and click to open it.
4. Decide to go to the "Internal Storage" or "SD card" folder, which is according to where the photos you want to transfer are stored.
5. Double-click the folder of "DCIM" to open it and then double-click the Camera folder where your Sony phones are stored. You have to open other folder if your photos are not in an album.
6. Select the photos you want to move to your computer and right-click to choose the Copy option. Or you can directly press Ctrl+C to copy these photos.
7. Go back to your computer, create a folder where you want to save the copied Sony photos. Then right-click to choose the Paste option, or you can directly press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the photos to the folder.
8. If you want to transfer photos from computer to Sony, you can select the photos, copy them and paste to the Camera folder on your Sony phone.
Well, if you don't want to bother yourself with such troublesome operations above, you can refer to this method. 1 click to transfer photos from Sony cell phone to computer or from computer to Sony device, MobiKin Sony Photo Assistant (Windows & Mac) can do you a favor here. Not only photos, other media files like music, videos and more data types like contacts, text messages can be copied between Sony devices and computer.
MobiKin Sony Photo Assistant is a professional program which empowers users to copy photos files from Sony Xperia to desktop computer within few clicks without any data loss. You can click the blue icons below to download the free trial version to have a try. We will take Windows version as an example.
Step 1. Link Sony Xperia to PC and Open USB Debugging
Connect Sony cell phone to the computer via its USB cable and enable the USB debugging on the phone. Install and launch the Sony photo manager and it will start detecting your Sony phone. You can see the interface of the program like below:
Step 2. Preview the Files
Choose "Photos" tab from the left side manu. The program will scan the connected Sony phone and show all the photos on the right. You can preview the scanned out photos carefully and select those you want to transfer.
Step 3. Select the Photos and Start Syncing
Choose the photos you want to transfer to computer and click "Export" button. And you should click "Import" to copy the pictures on your PC to your Sony smartphone.