How Can I Connect My Android Phone via Wi-Fi?
Do not like to or fail to connect your Android device to the program (MobiKin Assistant for Android or Transfer for Mobile) via USB cable? Then you can try to connect your Android phone via Wi-Fi. Here is the tutorial for you:
Step 1. Download & Install the Latest Program on your Computer
The first step is to download the latest MobiKin program on your computer by clicking the download link below and then go with the tutorial to properly install it.
MobiKin Assistant for Android (Windows Version): https://www.mobikin.com/downloads/mobikin-android-assistant.exe
MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac Version): https://www.mobikin.com/downloads/mobikin-android-assistant.dmg
MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Windows Version): https://www.mobikin.com/downloads/mobikin-transfer-for-mobile.exe
If you have already installed the software on your computer, please check if the program is updated to the latest version. Just click on "Menu > Check for Update" to have a check. Supposed that there is a new version available, please follow the prompts to upgrade it at first.
Step 2. Choose "Connect via Wi-Fi"
Next, you should launch the installed software on your computer and then select the "Connect via Wi-Fi" option. Here, the methods to choose the option on Assistant for Android and Transfer for Mobile are different.
1) Assistant for Android
- After launching the program, you will get the following interface:
- As you can see, the "Connect via WIFI" option is at the top right corner of the screen. Just tap on it and you will get an interface as below:
2) Transfer for Mobile
- Click on "Can't recognize the device?" on the main interface.
- After that, the following interface will pop up and you can tap on the option "Connect via Wi-Fi".
- When you tap on "Connect via Wi-Fi", you will see the following popup on computer:
Step 3. Allow the Software to Pass Through the Firewall (On Windows Computer Only)
Supposed that it is your first time to connect mobile phone to the program, a "Windows Security Alert" window may pop up after you click on "Connect via Wi-Fi". When it pops up on your Windows computer, you should tap on "Allow access".
Step 4. Install the Latest Android Assistant App on Your Phone
Now you should download and install the latest Android Assistant App on your Android phone. Here is the download link: https://www.mobikin.com/downloads/MobikinAndroid.apk. And also, for the users who have installed the application already, please ensure that you have updated the App to the latest version.
In order to smoothly install and run the Android Assistant App, please make sure there is enough space on your device.
Step 5. Scan the QR Code to Build A Wi-Fi Connection
Then you need to set your Android phone and PC in the same network. Just launch the App and tap on "Wifi Connection" to scan the QR code on the program. When the scanning process is completed, your Android phone and PC would be connected to the same Wi-Fi. And now you can start to manage your phone data.
Only when your mobile phone and PC are set in the same network can you build a connection and use the program successfully.
Ask Our Support Team for Help
Still fail to connect via Wi-Fi? Please go to the page "What to Do If the Program Does Not Recognize My Android Device" to get the solutions or contact us via the email: support#mobikin.com (replace # with @) with following information:
- What's your Android device?
- What's your Android OS version?
- What's the operating system of your computer?
- Capture the screen you stop and send the picture to us. (To take a screenshot, Windows users can press "Print Screen SysRq" key on your keyboard and then click on "Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint > press ctrl + V to paste the screenshot".)
If you have other problems about the software connection, recognition, installation or use, please go to the Product FAQ page to find the solutions.