User Guide: How to Back Up Photos to iCloud Effortlessly?
Summary: From this article, you will learn how to back up photos to iCloud, how to access and download pictures from iCloud and get an alternative way to back up the images on your iDevice. If you are interested in them, you can read on to learn more details.
iCloud is an ideal location for iDevice users to make a backup since it is an official cloud storage service and is easy to use. And normally, most users tend to sync their photos to this service for the reason that the number of this kind of file is huge. Then one problem comes here - how to back up photos to iCloud effortlessly? This tutorial will tell you the answer.
To transfer photos from iDevice to iCloud for backup, you can use the iCloud sync feature on your device directly. This feature allows you to back up the pictures on iPhone, iPad or iPod to iCloud automatically as well as manually. Both backup ways are simple and time-saving so you can choose any one at your option to complete the iCloud backup.
1. Sync iPhone/iPad/iPod Photos to iCloud Automatically
- Click on the Settings App on your iPhone and select iCloud option under this section.
- Next, you should tap on Photos and then turn on My Photo Stream if it is closed.
After that, the images on your iDevice will sync to iCloud automatically.
2. Back up iPhone/iPad/iPod Photos to iCloud Manually
- Tap on Settings on the homepage of your iDevice and then go to the iCloud interface.
- Now you need to click on the option Backup and then turn on iCloud Backup.
- At last, you can hit Back Up Now to start the backup process.
There is only 5G free storage space available for every Apple ID. So if you have a large number of pictures on your device, you'd better copy them to computer for backup. You can click to learn:
Not only the photos on iOS device, you can upload the images from computer to iCloud as well. The followings are two tutorials about how to upload images to iCloud on PC and Mac. Just choose the one you need and go with the steps to back up your photos.
1. Upload Photos from PC to iCloud
- Log in icloud.com on your PC and then sign in with your Apple ID.
- After the login, you can tap on the Photos option to get into photos library. Next, you need to tap on the Upload photos icon at the upper right of the window.
If you do not see the Photos option after entering the iCloud, you can try to enable the Photos App in the iCloud on you iOS device.
- Then a window will pop up to ask you to choose the images that you want to back up. Just press OK after the selection and they will be sent to iCloud within seconds.
2. Upload Photos from Mac to iCloud
- Open iPhoto on your Mac and find out the iCloud option under the Shared category.
- Click on the iCloud option and you will see a folder named My Photo Stream if you use the same Apple ID on your Mac and iDevice.
- Now you can elect the images in your Mac computer and then drag them to My Photo Stream folder. These pictures will be uploaded to iCloud Photos Stream when you release the mouse.
Syncing photos from iDevice or computer to iCloud is not the end of the backup. After the successful uploading process, you need to learn how to access to iCloud photos and how to download them as well. By doing so, you are able to check and confirm the saved files and get back the needed photos when you accidentally lose them. Here is how:
- Go to the icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Then you can click on Photos folder to view and check the pictures.
- Next, you can tap on the Select Photos option and choose the photos that you want to download to your computer.
- Now you can tap on the Download button to download the pictures to your computer.
As we all know, the storage space of iCloud is limited so it might be insufficient for you to back up the photos. Then in this case, you can select to back up the photos on iOS device to iTunes or computer. But how? Just download the MobiKin Assistant for iOS on your computer and it can help you accomplish the transferring process with ease.
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to computer and then launch the software. Then the tool will detect the connected device automatically and prompt you to trust the computer.
- Tap Trust on your iDevice so that the program can recognize your device. Here, if you cannot see the Trust window on your device, you can click to learn the solutions. Or if the software cannot detect your device even after you have trusted the computer, you can go to this page to find the solutions.
- Once your device is successfully recognized, you will get the main interface of this software:
- Tap on the Photos folder in the left panel to load and preview all the pictures on your device. Then you can mark the images that you want to back up and hit the Export button to sync the pictures.
Write in the End
It seems easy to back up photos to iCloud, right? Just follow the methods provided in this tutorial and try to back up your photos. If you have any question about backing up photos to iCloud or the mentioned software, you can leave your comments below and we will try our best to help you.