[Fixed] Samsung Phone Stuck on Odin Mode, How to Fix It?
Odin Mode, a software used by Samsung users, can be used to flash the device or download new and custom ROMs and firmware. Honestly speaking, it is a helpful program to flash the Samsung phone but most people who have used it reflect that they often fail to exit the mode after using it, which means that the device is stuck on the Odin Mode. Thus, in this case, you need to master the solution to fix the Samsung phone stuck on Odin Mode issue and here is the complete guide for you.
The Odin Mode on Samsung is a download mode which allows users to flash the device or introduce a new firmware. To enter this mode, you only need to hold and press the Volume Down, Power and Home buttons at the same time and then select Continue option by pressing the Volume Up button to begin the downloading. If you want to exit the mode, you can press the Volume Down button to Cancel your operation and reboot the device.
Here, if you select Cancel option but still cannot exit the Odin Mode, you are said to suffering an Odin fail issue. When the issue happens, you are not able to restart your phone and get back to the normal mode of your device. But you do not need to worry too much about it. You can follow the methods below and try to solve the problem easily.
When you fail to exit the Odin Mode by pressing the Volume Down button, you can try two simple ways to get out of the mode. These two means are as below:
1. Force reboot your Samsung phone
You can restart your phone forcibly by holding and pressing the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time and wait until the device reboot itself. After the restart, your phone will return to the normal mode.
2. Force shut down your phone
You can also choose to force power off your device by removing its battery. Then wait for a few minutes and insert the battery into the device again. Finally turn on your Samsung again to use your phone normally.
Things You Should Do Before the Fixing:
Before fixing the Samsung phone stuck on Odin Mode issue, you are advised to backup your Samsung in advance or you might lose the files on the device and it would be very difficult to get them back.
It is possible that you choose to flash the device in Odin Mode but the screen is stuck during the downloading. This is also a problem of Samsung stuck on Odin Mode issue but it would be more difficult to be solved. Here, you have two options to fix it as well.
1. Remove the battery
Removing the battery from the Samsung would also help you to get out of the mode here. This means is simple but it might damage your device.
2. Use Odin Flash tool to fix the issue
If you do not want to damage your device, you can use Odin Flash tool to help you. However, the process of this method would be tedious.
- Download the Odin Flash tool and the suitable firmware and driver software on your computer. Next, right click on the file to select Run as Administrator option.
- Long press the Power, Volume Down and Home button to boot your device into Download Mode and release the Power button when the device vibrates.
- Gently press the Volume Up button to get the Download Mode screen.
- Connect your Samsung to the computer with a USB cable and then the Odin Flashing tool will detect the connected device automatically. Then a message saying Added will appear in the Odin window.
- Click on "PDA" or "AP" in the Odin window to find out the firmware. Finally click on Start to fix the problem.