How to Recover Data from Water Damaged Android Phone or Tablet?
Introduction: One of my friend dropped her new-purchased Samsung Galaxy S5 into the water, and she picked the phone out soon. But after the phone get dried, she turned on the device and find some important contacts and photos have been gone. Then she feel worried and wish to find a method to get back the lost data. Actually, it is reported that many Android users have suffered this "Disaster" with the popularity of smart phones, and if you're one of them, what will you do here? Today, we will guide you through the tutorial on recovering data or files from water damaged Android devices step by step.
When your phone have fallen into water, you can rescue your phone and data on it from below aspects:
1) Get out your phone from the water ASAP, and remove and battery and take out the SIM card to reduce the loss or damage on the device;
2) Don't move or shake the phone frequently, so that the water will not run around your mobile phone inside;
3) Wrap the device with cloth or handkerchief for a few minutes, and then turn off your phone, and place it into a jar or a bag filled with rice for a couple of days.
After a few days, you can turn on your phone, and if you're lucky, you may find all things are kept well here. But if you find something important are lost, don't worry, you can ask for help from MobiKin Doctor for Android (Windows/Mac). It could be the best Android Data Recovery software, which can help you recover deleted, or lost files like contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, files, etc. on Android phone or tablets due to any reasons. And it will show you both deleted and exiting data on your Android device for your reference. So you can preview files and mark all needed data for restoring within few clicks. (For iPhone users, please go to here.)
Cool, right? Now, just get the program and follow the below steps to retrieve lost data on water damaged Android completely.
Steps on Recovering Files from Water Damaged Android Device
No matter which brand of your Android device is, just connect your device to the computer with USB cable, then follow the below ways to enable USB debugging on your device:
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
If you wish to conduct a comprehensive scanning on your device, then please root your Android phone or tablet before connecting it to the computer. After that, you can launch the program and it will detect your device automatically.
To make sure the detection will be succeeded, you need to turn to your device and click "OK" button to allow the USB debugging and turn on USB storage on the device, so that data on the internal and external SD card are all scanned and founded here.
When the scan is finished, files on your Android have been categorized and displayed in the left panel. Click these options and preview the detailed information under these folders, then find and mark the data you wish to restore, hit "Recover" button to save them on your personal computer without losing.