How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone with or without iTunes?
You may be having tons of photos that you want to put on your iPhone for sharing or showing to your friends? Or you may wish to import the photos of your family members or your giggly new born from camera to iPhone, so that you can review these pictures whenever you want? So it is not hard to find that one of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) by iPhone users in the Apple support center or all kinds of iOS forums on the Internet is on how to transfer photos from the computer to iPhone or copy pictures from iPhone to PC. Thus, if you have a similar problem, there are basically two ways in which you can import your photos into your iPhone for your reference. You can compare them and decide which one is better according to your own needs.
Part One: How to Transfer Photos from Mac or PC to Your iPhone with iTunes
For Mac OS X Users
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac, then open iTunes (on your Mac). Your device appears in iTunes after a moment on the Devices that show on the left panel.
2. Select on your device name followed by clicking on “Photos” found at the top of the top of the iTunes window.
3. Click on “Sync Photos From” here, then choose a folder or album from the pop-up menu that shows. For exporting photos from Aperture or iPhoto to your iPhone, click on “Aperture” or “iPhoto” from the same menu.
At this stage, you have a couple of choices:
– You can choose to transfer all the photos and albums by selecting “Include Videos” if this is necessary.
– You can also choose to just transfer albums, folders, or Events by selecting the albums, folders and Events that appear here. You can choose select “Include Videos” if necessary.
4. Once you have created a preferred destination folder, you can now click on “Apply” to begin the transmission.
For Windows Users
1. Authorize the computer with your iTunes and click “Add Files to …” or “Add Folders to …” to sync the pictures from computer to iTunes library.
2. Connect iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S/5/4S/4 to your computer and proceed to open iTunes on your PC. Your device will appear in a short moment in the iTunes interface on the Devices Panel on the left.
3. Select your device then click on “Photos” at the top menu of the iTunes window. Then, click on “Sync Photos From” to choose a folder or album from the pop-up menu that shows. You can choose “Photoshop Album” or “Photoshop Elements” from the pop-up menu directly from the respective applications and onto your iPhone.
4. After that, you can create a folder in which to transfer your photos to on your iPhone and click “Apply” button to begin the transferring process.
Part Two: How to Sync Photos from PC to iPhone without iTunes
If you don’t want to use iTunes to sync photos, you also can ask for help to cloud storage service on the Internet, such as iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive and so on. To use these cloud storage service, you need to download and install the cloud app from the iTunes store. Here, we’ll take the Dropbox for instance:
To transfer your photos from your computer to iPhone, all you need to do is to copy and paste the photos into your Dropbox folder on your computer or use the web interface to upload them. This takes time depending on the number and size of the photos and the speed of your internet connection. Once uploaded, you can view your photos using your Dropbox App on your iPhone. You can choose to view them directly here or copy them onto your phone to view them in your iPhone’s Photos App.