How to Access iPhone Files on Windows/Mac (Way 1 Is Versatile)
iPhone, which also servers as a video player, digital camera, eBook viewer, etc., has become a necessity for many mobile enthusiasts. With the ever-increasing size of its files, some phone owners would like to view and manage the content on their computers, such as transferring some to PCs/Macs to free up space on iPhone. To do these tasks better, how to access iPhone files on PC/Mac is a necessary and meaningful topic to talk about.
Well, today, we will let you know 6 light and easy approaches, making you familiar with the solutions to browse iPhone files on your computer.
- Way 1: How to Access iPhone Files on PC/Mac via Assistant for iOS
- Way 2: How to View Files on iPhone from PC/Mac Using iCloud
- Way 3: How to View iPhone Files on PC/Mac with iCloud Drive
- Way 4: How to Access iPhone Files on Windows PC Using File Explorer
- Way 5: How to Access Files on iPhone from PC via AutoPlay
- Way 6: How to View iPhone Files on Mac with Finder
As you may know, the iPhone doesn't have an inbuilt iOS Explorer. So you need a great iOS manager like MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Win and Mac). After accessing your iPhone data, it can classify them clearly.
Take Photos and Contacts as an example. Once your device is recognized, it's able to categorize the pictures into "Name", "Size", "Format", "Date Created", "Storage Type", etc. You can choose your desired items to export to PC/Mac or just delete them. And in addition to helping view iPhone contacts on PC/Mac, it also assists to create, edit, export, import or delete them as per your needs.
More highlights of MobiKin Assistant for iOS:
- Give you easy access to all your iPhone data on PC and Mac directly.
- Manipulate files on your iOS device from a computer without a hitch.
- Move various data between iDevices and PC/Mac, covering Contacts, SMS, Video, Photo, Music, and many more.
- Back up and restore data between iPhone/iPad/iPod and iTunes.
- Coming with a free trial, easy to use, fast running, and ads-free.
- Run smoothly on overall iOS devices, including iPhone 12, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPad, iPod, etc.
- It ensures your privacy is well protected.
Let's see how to view files on iPhone from PC/Mac using Assistant for iOS now: (P.S., Mac users can also do the task by referring to the following steps.)
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to computer
Download and install MobiKin Assistant for iOS on your PC/Mac. Launch it and pick out a USB cable to connect your iPhone to this computer. Next, follow the on-screen instructions to create a virtual connection between your device and your computer.
Step 2. Scan your iPhone data
After that, you'll get the main interface of the utility. Handpick any data type(s) from the left sidebar. And all the specific items will soon be loaded on the right column, giving you the ability to view files on iPhone from PC/Mac.
Step 3. Access iPhone files on PC/Mac
Here, you can view files on iPhone from PC now. If you want to manage some or all of the content on your computer, just click the top menu to get started, such as "Export", "Import", "Delete", "Add", etc. Any way, you can click any button(s) at the top of the tool's interface to do the relevant operations.
You May Want to Know:
- How to Transfer Large Videos from iPhone to PC? (5 Ways Included)
- How to Transfer Files from PC or Mac to iPhone 12/11/Xs Max
Working to manage the files on your iCloud account, the iCloud Control Panel allows you to access iPhone data like contacts, bookmarks, calendars, photos, videos, etc., after activating the iCloud service.
How to view iPhone files on PC via iCloud?
1. Download the latest iCloud Control Panel to your computer. Next, install and Launch it to sign in to your iCloud account.
2. To view photos, videos, etc., on your computer, you need to go to Settings > iCloud > Photos on your iPhone. Then opt for "Download" and Keep Originals" to import the stuff to your computer.
3. After the upload, you can navigate to This PC > iCloud Photos folder to access iPhone files on your PC.
For Mac users, please move files from iPhone to Mac with iCloud and thus view iPhone files there.
As one of iCloud's sub-services, iCloud Drive also lets you manage iPhone content on your computer, mainly offering services such as accessing and editing Excel, Word, or PPT, and the like. Initially, it worked only on Macs, yet now, it's able to work with Windows PCs.
Here's how to access iPhone files on Mac/PC with iCloud Drive?
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Drive.
- Head to the "Files" app to go for Browse > iCloud Drive.
- Search for the files you want and get them to iCloud Drive.
- Visit icloud.com on your PC/Mac and log in to your Apple ID you use on your iPhone.
- Select "iCloud Drive" from the several options, and then you'll access iPhone files on this computer.
File Explorer (or Windows Explorer) can be used to see iPhone files on PC as well. Before access, you just need to connect your iPhone to a Windows PC via a USB cord. However, it's only available for iPhone photos and videos.
How to see iPhone files on PC via File Explorer?
1. Connect your iPhone to a Windows computer. Then, open your phone to click "Trust" when prompted. (you should input your iPhone passcode if asked.)
2. On your computer, go to "This PC"/"My Computer" to double-click [your device name] > Internal Storage > DCIM.
3. Get into "100APPLE", and you'll see your iPhone media files like photos and videos there. Now, you can view iPhone files or move any of them from your iPhone to this PC.
- 3 Simple Ways to Transfer from SD Card to iPhone
- 3 Best Ways to Backup and Restore iPhone (#3 is Excellent)
AutoPlay is a program in Windows PC that allows users to access pictures and videos after connecting iPhones to computers. Also, it only supports processing some media files.
How to browse iPhone files on PC using AutoPlay?
1. Attach your iPhone to PC with a USB cable, and Autoplay should pop up at once. Next, you ought to choose "Import pictures and videos" as below.
Note: If AutoPlay doesn't turn up automatically, or your iPhone images do not appear on your PC, you can try fixing it by unplugging and replugging your device, changing the USB cable, or restarting your computer, etc.
2. Click "More Option" to select the folders where you want to import the items on your iPhone. Then, you can create a folder for photos before pressing OK > Next.
3. Follow the simple direction to set up the import task. Select the media files you wish to move and press the "Import" button. And finally, you can browse iPhone files on this PC successfully.
Finder is a tool for interaction between iOS and macOS devices. It enables Mac users to transfer files between an iPhone/iPad/iPod and a Mac computer. Before that, it can certainly help browse files on Mac. If you have a Mac with macOS Catalina (normally, this system cannot work with iTunes), you can try this method.
How to access iPhone files on Mac with Finder?
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac computer via a USB cable. Then activate "Finder" on the Mac.
- Click the iPhone icon under the "Locations" section at the left menu to open your phone's files.
- The right panel of the interface will display the items your iPhone stores.
- You can drag the files you need to move over to a location in the Finder. Then you should access iPhone files on the Mac without any trouble.
To sum up, you can pick different means based on your computer and the data types you want to access on your iPhone. Here, it is worth mentioning that MobiKin Assistant for iOS boasts 3 advantages over other tools or services:
- It's completely risk-free and easy to operate, enabling you to open iPhone files on a PC/Mac with a simple connection.
- It categorizes all kinds of iPhone content in detail to facilitate you to manage them well, including exporting, importing, or deleting, etc.
- It can make backups between iDevice and iTunes as well, backing up the content repeatedly without covering the previous items.