How to Back Up WhatsApp on iPhone without iCloud? 3 Solutions are Here!
My WhatsApp backup is stuck on iPhone 12, and iCloud has not enough space to store WhatsApp data. How to back up WhatsApp chats without iCloud? Thanks!
WhatsApp is one of the most popular social applications today. It changes the channels for people to communicate and makes it easier for us to exchange photos, videos, and other attachments. So, when we save a lot of important information on WhatsApp, what if we can guarantee that they will not be lost?
Although WhatsApp enables iPhone users to back up their WhatsApp data to iCloud automatically, many users say they cannot access this feature. What's more, iCloud only has 5GB of free storage space, far from meeting users' storage needs. So, is it possible for WhatsApp backup on iPhone without iCloud?
Fortunately, we have many ways to replace iCloud to back up iPhone WhatsApp data. Now, let's learn these solutions one by one.
First, take a look at the Comparison of these 3 methods:
|Via WhatsApp Transfer||via Email||via iTunes|
|Backup only WhatsApp|
|No Data loss|
|Easy to use|
|Restore to Device|
If you want to do WhatsApp backup on iPhone without iCloud, then take the assistance of WhatsApp Transfer. It is a flexible tool developed to back up WhatsApp data, including chat conversations, photos, videos, and contacts to a computer without iCloud. It can also restore the backup files to your device and even transfer WhatsApp data from one phone to another.
With WhatsApp Transfer, you can:
- Back up WhatsApp messages, as well as attachments like photos, videos, audio and so on onto your computer without iCloud or network.
- Transfer WhatsApp chats between iPhones/Android devices.
- It also supports backing up LINE/Viber/WeChat/Kik chat history.
- Run smoothly on overall iDevices, including iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod, iPad, etc.
- 100% secure to use, never tracks any privacy of its users.
How to take WhatsApp backup from iPhone without iCloud via WhatsApp Transfer:
Step 1. Run the WhatsApp Transfer tool on your computer and click on the "WhatsApp" tab from the left panel. Then, choose "Backup WhatsApp messages" from the main screen and link your iPhone to the computer through a USB cable.
Step 2. WhatsApp Transfer will detect the connected iPhone and start to scan it. Once the scan ends, the program will back up your WhatsApp chats automatically.
Step 3. After the backup, you can click on the "View" button and check all the WhatsApp backups in your system.
Back up iPhone WhatsApp data to computer:
Above, you have already finished backing up your WhatsApp data. If you want to move the backup file to your computer, you can continue reading the following content:
- Click on the "View" button from the list and click on the "Next" button.
- On the new window, you can preview and select the chat list and WhatsApp attachments you want. After that, give a click on the option of "Recover to computer" to back them up on your computer.
- WhatsApp Transfer: How to Move WhatsApp Media to SD Card?
- [Full Guide] How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Android
Another way to back up WhatsApp data on iPhone without iCloud is emailing the WhatsApp chats to yourself or anyone else. However, this method only supports backing up WhatsApp and cannot restore it into the WhatsApp account. Moreover, this method is only suitable for backing up a small number of WhatsApp chats, as you can only export one chat at one time.
How to take WhatsApp backup from iPhone by Email?
- Run WhatsApp on your iPhone and select the chat or group chat that you want to back up.
- Head to the top of the screen to tap on the "chat name", and you can see the contact information where you should tap on "Export Chat".
- You'll be popped up with a new window, asking whether you want to "Attach Media" or send WhatsApp chat backup "Without Media".
- Make your preferred choice and then choose the option of Email.
- Input the email address in the new email draft.
- Click on the "Send" button to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to email.
- Refresh your inbox and then you can view the WhatsApp chats in your email.
You can also use iTunes to backup iPhone WhatsApp messages. But it does not support selective backup, that is, you can only back up all the data on the iPhone, not only WhatsApp data, but also other files and settings.
Also, you cannot access WhatsApp chats from iTunes backup, and when you need to restore WhatsApp data, you must restore iPhone from the entire backup and overwrite all existing data on your iPhone. Therefore, this method is not very recommended.
How can I back up WhatsApp on iPhone without iCloud using iTunes?
- Run iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer using an Apple-provided USB cable.
- iTunes will then detect your iPhone. (iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone? Click here)
- Click on the iPhone icon from the top bar and choose the "Summary" tab from the left sidebar.
- On the summary page, choose the option of "Automatically Back up on The Computer" under the Backups section.
- Click on the "Back Up Now" button to sync WhatsApp and other files to this PC.
- Why Can't I Send & Receive WhatsApp Messages?
- WhatsApp Notification Not Working on My Phone, How to Solve It?
One of the common reasons why WhatsApp automatic backup fails is that iCloud storage is full. You can take the following measures to free up iCloud storage space.
Turn off auto backup in WhatsApp:
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to "Settings".
- Go to the options "Chats" > "Chat Backup".
- You can see the "Auto Backup" option of Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Off. Just select the "Off" option.
Turn off auto backup of WhatsApp chats in iCloud:
- Go to "Settings" on your iPhone and tap on your Apple ID.
- Choose iCloud and scroll down to find WhatsApp.
- Turn off WhatsApp access to backup on iCloud.
Delete WhatsApp backup on iCloud:
- Go to "Settings" on your iPhone and tap on your Apple ID.
- Choose Manage Storage, and you can see all the backed-up apps on iCloud.
- Find out and tap on WhatsApp Messenger.
- Tap on the "Delete Data" button, and you will see a pop-up warning.
- Click "Delete" again, and the backed-up WhatsApp data will be cleared in iCloud.
The Bottom Line
Now, you shouldn't have to worry about whether the iCloud storage space is full, because we have three methods to backup WhatsApp chats on iPhone without iCloud. As you can see, WhatsApp Transfer can not only backup and restore WhatsApp data, but even transfer WhatsApp messages between different devices freely.
Please feel free to try the solutions you are interested in and let us know your experience in the comments below.