[Easy Guide] How to Transfer Files from PC to iPad Using USB Cable?
In one of the following situations, we usually consider how to transfer files from PC to iPad using USB.
- The data on the iPad is accidentally lost, and there is a backup of these lost data on the PC.
- I bought a new iPad and want to transfer files from the PC to this iPad.
- Some important files have been received on the PC and need to be transferred to the iPad.
Frankly speaking, transferring files from PC to iPad is not as easy as transferring data from iPad to PC. iOS is a relatively closed system. But this does not mean that this is an impossible task. In this article, we will share two best ways to transfer files from PC to iPad using USB cable, with or without iTunes.
If you only need to transfer apps and multimedia files from PC to iPad, then you can use iTunes to do it. However, it should be noted that using iTunes, the existing data on the iPad may be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered any more. If you don't mind this, you can use iTunes to transfer movies, photos, music, podcasts, etc. from your computer to the iPad now; but if you don't want to lose any data on the iPad, you can jump directly to part 2.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Plug your iPad into your PC with a USB cable.
- Manually run iTunes if it doesn't pop out automatically. Wait until it detects the connected iPad.
- Select the iPad tab on the upper left corner of the iTunes screen.
- Select the file types you want to transfer from PC to iPad. Take movies transferring as an example, you should click "Sync Movie" option.
- Select the video files you want and click "Apply" button to transfer them from PC to iPad.
As I said above, transferring files from PC to iPad with iTunes will erase all the existing data on the iPad, which is the main reason why people don't want to use iTunes. So, here we recommend the best iTunes alternative tool called MobiKin Assistant for iOS, which is a full-way iOS transfer and manager tool help you transfer data from PC to iPad and vice versa. It is highly recommended by millions of iOS users for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch data transfer. Let's check the outstanding features of Assistant for iOS:
- Smooth and powerful functions: Transfer and manage iPhone/iPad/iPod data on computer without any hassle.
- Save time and effort: Transfer everything from PC to iPad, and vice versa quickly with one click.
- Cover various files: Supports Video, Photo, Music, eBook, Contacts, Text Messages, Notes, Safari Bookmarks, Voice Memo, Podcast, Ringtone, Playlist, etc..
- Cover multiple operating systems: Works on all Windows and Mac OSes.
- Cover almost all iOS devices: Fully compatible with iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad mini, the new iPad, iPad 2, and so on. As well as overall models of iPhone and iPod.
Steps for Transferring Files from PC to iPad Using USB with Assistant for iOS
Step 1. Plug your iPad into computer with USB cable and launch Assistant for iOS program on the computer. The program will start detecting and recognizing your connected iPad and show it on the primary interface.
Step 2. All data category are shown on the left side menu. Just choose the ones you want to transfer. For example, if you want to transfer contacts from PC to iPad, you should choose "Contacts" tab and all contacts on your iPad will be scanned out.
Step 3. Click on "Import" button on the top menu, then you can select the files on your computer and load them into your iPad soon.
You can also import contacts, calendars, books and bookmarks from PC to iPad. No matter where your files are on your computer, you can follow the steps on the above to copy them to your iPad.
As can be seen from the above content, using MobiKin Assistant for iOS is much simpler than iTunes. In addition, if you need to transfer data from iPad to PC for backup, you can still use this program. After all, Assistant for iOS is a one-stop powerful iOS data transfer and manager. So, how to do it? Move on to get answers.
Now, we set photos transfer as example, to show you how to use Assistant for iOS to copy photos from iPad to PC.
- Launch the program and connect your iPad to the PC.
- Turn to the left side of the program to click on the "Photos" folder.
- Preview and select the pictures you need.
- Click "Export" button from the top menu to transfer selected photos to PC.
Now, you must know how to transfer files from computer to iPad with or without iTunes. It's up to you whether or not to use iTunes. Remind you again that you may lose some data when using iTunes. It is best to use the MobiKin Assistant for iOS software, which can well protect your data after data transmission is completed.
Note: We also provide a safe and reliable method in this article, if you have any questions about how to transfer files from iPad to PC via USB.