How to Transfer Videos/Movies from iPad to Computer? [5 Easiest Ways]
Videos take up the bulk of the internal memory. Many iOS users take and store them in their iPads. When saving more and more videos, you may need to export the videos to computer to free up the iPad's space or create a backup. Here comes a question - How to transfer videos from iPad to computer? There are 5 ways of accomplishing the task. In this article, you'll find 5 of them in terms of ease and efficacy.
- Solution 1. Transfer Videos from iPad to Computer/Laptop Using MobiKin
- Solution 2. Export Videos from iPad to PC/Mac Using Photos App
- Solution 3. Copy Videos from iPad to Computer Using iCloud Photos
- Solution 4. Move Videos from iPad to PC Using Image Capture
- Solution 5. Drag Videos from iPad to Windows/Mac Using USB Cable
Solution 1. How to Transfer Videos from iPad to Windows/Mac Effectively with MobiKin Assistant for iOS?
MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Windows/Mac) is an amazing software, that allows the user to transfer, backup, and manage contents from an iDevice. You can use it to transfer videos from iPad to Windows/Mac. What's more, it's utility is not limited to the transfer of video files only. You can transfer and backup multiple types of files from your iPad to the PC in just a few simple clicks.
The Key Features of MobiKin Assistant for iOS
(1) Transfer/Backup Files from iDevices to computer. Support contacts, messages, notes, calendars, bookmarks, music, videos, photos, and books.
(2) Uninstall apps from iDevices easily.
(4) Manage iTunes backups on PC/Mac.
Operating System: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
Supported iDevices: iOS devices running OS 6 to OS 12, including iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad, iPod touch, iPhone X/XR/XS/8/7/6/5, etc.
To transfer videos, you need to connect your iPad to a computer via USB cable, then select your wanted videos and click "Export" to transfer them from iPad to computer.
Step 1. Connect your iPad to a computer.
Open the software and connect your iPad to a Windows/Mac computer via a USB cable. Then the program will detect your device automatically and you need to trust the computer if required. Once done, you can see the main interface as below:
Step 2. Select your wanted videos.
On the main interface, you can find that files on your iPad have been categorized and displayed in the left panel of the program. Directly click "Videos" > "Movies" option and then you'll see a movie list in the program as below. Mark the videos that you want to transfer.
Step 3. Export videos from iPad to computer.
After that, click "Export" and select a local folder to save the videos on PC/Mac.
A Video Tutorial for Transferring Videos from iPad to Computer
- How to Transfer Large Videos from iPhone to PC? (5 Ways Included)
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop? 4 Solutions for You!
The Photos App on your Mac or Windows PC can be used to save photos as well as videos to your computer from the iPad/iPhone. Just follow the easy steps given below and you're done:
- Update your iTunes on the PC/Mac.
- Connect your iPad to your PC/Mac using USB cable.
- Unlock your iPhone/iPad and click on "Trust This Computer" before continuing.
- The Photos App will automatically open; if it doesn't, open it.
- Click the "Import" tab on the top of the App or click on the device name in the sidebar to open the "Import" screen if it doesn't automatically open.
- This screen shows all the photos and videos available on your iPad.
- Select the videos that you want to transfer and click "Import Selected". The task is completed in a flash!
(1) The transferred videos can not be opened on your Windows PC directly. You can add these videos to iTunes so that you can open them.
(2) Videos and Photos that you synced from computer to iPad/iPhone with iTunes can not be saved to computer again.
iCloud, the ace cloud storage and computing service from Apple inc. is one of the most trusted and utilized services of its kind. Ever since it replaced MobileMe of Apple inc. in 2011, the subscription has been increasing. It can be used to transfer videos from your iPhone/iPad to a PC/Mac using the easy steps given below:
Step 1. Sync your videos from your iPad to the iCloud.
Make sure that your iPad is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Up-to iOS 10, go to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Photos & Camera" and enable "iCloud Photo Library" to sync.
- For newer iOS, go to "Settings" > Your username > "iCloud" > "Photos" and enable "iCloud Photo" for syncing.
Step 2. Install and sign in to iCloud on your PC/Mac.
You need to update your iPad and Mac computer to the latest iOS and macOS. If you have a Windows computer, make sure that it is running Windows 7 or later. Then you can download iCloud for Windows.
Sign in the iCloud account on your computer using the same credentials that you had used for signing in with the iPad. After that, you can access all the photos and videos in iCloud on your PC/Mac.
About iCloud Photos:
- Different Ways You Can Use to Access to Your iCloud Photos
- iCloud Photos to Android: How to Transfer Photos from iCloud to Android?
Image Capture is an app developed by Apple Inc. and is extremely simple to use. It may not have additional features like the iPhoto, but it's arguably the fastest way to transfer your videos from the iPad/iPhone to your Mac.
Follow the steps listed herein to complete the task.
- Launch the Image Capture app on your Mac.
- Connect the iPad/iPhone to the computer with USB. You may be prompted to unlock the iPad or to "Trust This Computer" in order to get access to your pictures and videos library.
- Navigate to the folder and select the videos that you want to copy/transfer.
- Select the location where you want your videos to be imported to by pulling down the "Import To" menu.
- Choose a local folder to save the videos. Then click on "Import" and the job is done!
This is the most traditional and perhaps the easiest way of transferring videos, pictures or any other files from your iPad/iPhone to the computer. All you need to do is follow the steps given here and sit back while your videos are transferred:
- Connect your iPad to your PC/Mac via a USB cable. Unlock the device, if prompted.
- Open "My Computer" on the Windows PC or click on "Go" > "Computer" on a Mac.
- Open the iOS device connected.
- Navigate to the folder containing the videos that you want to transfer.
- Select the videos, right-click on any one selected video and choose "Copy".
- Go to the folder in the PC/Mac, where you want to paste the videos. Right-click anywhere and select "Paste" option. You'll get notified when the task is completed.
The Bottom Line
With the ability to transfer heavy videos from iPad to the PC, you don't have to worry about the device memory getting full. Your iPad or iPhone will keep performing at its best. So select the best method to transfer videos that suits your requirements and continue to capture your moments in HD videos.