Tired of iTunes? Here're Top 11 Alternatives to iTunes for Windows
"Is there an alternative to iTunes for Windows 10 that can sync data without overwriting previous content on my iPhone"?
This is an issue drawing wide concern from Apple Forum. Alright, the answer is absolutely Yes. Well, iTunes is no stranger to many Apple fans. However, it is not user-friendly in design, slow in operation, incompatible with audio formats like FLAC and MKV, and not well compatible with Windows, etc. These have been the causes for many folks to look for iTunes alternative for Windows.
In the previous article, we introduced the iTunes alternative for Mac, To offer our Windows users more valuable info about its alternatives, we'll select the 11 best alternatives to iTunes for Windows and summarize their pros and cons. Besides, at the end of this post, we will give you some suggestions on software selection.
Part 1: Best iTunes Alternative for Windows and Mac
The annoying interface design, tedious operations, and non-incremental backup from iTunes force its users to turn to other professional 3rd-party programs. OK, today, let's first come to know the best alternative to iTunes - MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Win and Mac). It's an all-in-one iOS content manager, working independently on various PCs and Macs, helping you take full control over your iDevices. More importantly, it facilitates you to back up iDevices repeatedly without causing the previous backups to be covered.
Key features of MobiKin Assistant for iOS:
- Transfer data between iOS devices and PC/Mac quickly and seamlessly.
- Back up and restore data between iPhone, iPad, or iPod and iTunes, but without launching iTunes.
- Add, delete or edit iPhone, iPad or iPod data on computer directly.
- Support processing iOS content, including contacts, text messages, eBook, video, photo, Safari bookmarks, music, voice memo, podcast, playlist, etc.
- Sleek interface, free download, ads-free, off-line operation.
- Apple to overall iOS devices, including iPhone 12, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, and a full range of iPod/iPad, etc.
- It never records any privacy from its users.
Now, just free download this program to start your iOS device management journey.
How to Manage iOS Data without iTunes with Assistant for iOS?
Step 1: Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to a computer
Install and run Assistant for iOS on your PC/Mac. Plug your iPhone into a computer via a USB cable, and then, its main interface will turn up like below. (what to do if my device fails to connect? Click here.)
Step 2: Start to manage your iPhone/iPad/iPod data
It is a great iExplorer alternative software. After your iDevice is recognized by this tool, you can access, preview, and make full management of your iOS data directly.
- Manage iTunes Backups with 1-click iTunes Backup & Restore feature
Go to the "Super Toolkit" section from the program screen and choose "iTunes Backup & Restore". Then, you can initiate the iTunes backup management task:
- Click "Backup" to back up your iDevice to iTunes default location or customized folder as you wish.
- Tap "Restore" to restore any content from iTunes backup to your iOS device.
- Press "Delete" to remove iTunes backup records from your PC/Mac within a short time.
- Transfer/manage iPhone info and media
You can see a list of data types from the left-side of the interface. Now, you can transfer or manage your iOS device stuff like a cork:
- Tap on "Export" move files from your iPhone/iPad/iPod to laptop or desktop.
- Click "Import" to transfer data from the computer to the iOS device.
- Hit "Delete" to remove unwanted items from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Press "Edit" to modify the info of the existing iOS content.
- Offload apps from your iOS devices
You can click on "App" from the left pane, followed by "Uninstall" from the top menu to remove useless applications from your iPhone, iPad, iPod.
You May Also Need:
- How to Fix iPhone "Cannot Connect to iTunes"?
- 4 Simple Ways to Download Movies to iPad without iTunes
Part 2: 10 Other Alternatives to iTunes for Windows/Mac
Is there any other alternative to iTunes? Sure! Now, 10 other iTunes alternatives for Windows/Mac will be listed in the following. You can make a comprehensive comparison of them according to their advantages and disadvantages.
1. WALTR 2
As a great iTunes replacement for Windows and Mac, the full version of WALTR 2 facilitates you to transfer iOS files and manipulate data easily. Its latest version can identify devices by connecting to the nearby WiFi faster, and you can transfer stuff by drag & drop. Every file transferred via WALTR 2 is treated as native stuff. Again, it can recognize the multimedia you are watching or listening to.
- Dynamically organize iOS device files.
- Automatic WiFi connection.
- Easy drag and drop to transfer.
- "Automatic Content Recognition" doesn't work as advertised often.
- It is comparatively expensive.
Amarok is a music player, coming with a range of music management tools. It is now available in all systems. As a flexible player, it has a unique appearance with many customization options, helping preview and copies iOS media files with ease. The enhancement of music playing and management offers better control over your songs.
- A powerful music player.
- It is integrated with web services.
- A large range of customs options.
- Old fashioned interface.
- The main functions are only for advanced users.
Another iTunes alternative for Windows is Musicbee. It serves as a music player (15-band equalizer), CD ripper, file converter, and song organizer. This program supports all popular multimedia audio formats. On top of that, it enables you to check all the relevant info about the music library and sync songs between PCs & iDevices.
- It is embedded in web-radio stations.
- Logarithmic volume scaling and SoundCloud integration.
- Its bland interface makes it dull.
- The LAME encoder is needed to download separately.
For Android users who want to find iTunes alternatives for Android, click the link, please.
One of the features of DoubleTwist is to synchronize photos, videos and, music between PC and your portable device. It is an alternative to iTunes for Windows that empowers you to sync media content from devices, including mobile phones, PDAs, PSPs, cameras, and MP3 players. You are allowed to view the files on your computer and the devices before playing music and sharing media files with your friends, etc.
- Enable you to sync content from overall iOS devices.
- Let you share files with friends or family.
- Some devices are not supported.
- Non-AirSync features may not be worthy of the premium purchase.
With PodTrans, a nifty application, you can transfer your iPod music to/from desktop computers without compromising the existing stuff. It's also an outstanding manager for other media files, containing videos, TV Shows, movies, iTunes U, and the like. You can process your iPod items by drag and drop to or from its retina screen.
- It is with Winamp plug-ins & visualizations.
- Move music files between computer and iPod breezily.
- It only applies to old iPods (iPod nano, iPod shuttle, iPod classic, etc.)
- Lack of useful tools to control over videos and TV shows.
- [Guide] How to Reset iPhone 12/11/11 Pro/XS Max without iTunes?
- How to Erase or Wipe iPhone without iTunes?
As a multi-function iTunes alternative for Windows, MediaMonkey is good at organizing large video and music. In addition to working well with various audio formats, it also fixes duplicated content and sorts out tracks with tags not being synchronized. Besides, it plays functions in advanced music library management.
- Convert media files and rip CD/DVD.
- Do well in fixing duplicated items.
- Offer Auto-DJ and party mode.
- It cannot work for podcasting.
- The browser window is limited.
- It occasionally crashes while moving large files.
Characterized by a sleek interface and excellent playlist management, Clementine works as a well-designed player, tag editor, and cover manager. It delivers the "Show in file browser" and "Full library rescan" options to assist you in improving management efficiency for music. Again, it is integrated with multiple cloud services and supports online music networks.
- Visualization effects help organize the music library easily.
- Transcode songs into several formats.
- Ability to listen to online radio.
- Not many features for library management.
- It lacks options for advanced music customization.
To simplify your music library, you can also avail of TunesGo, the efficient alternative to iTunes for Windows/Mac, to transfer your songs across devices. It can fix missing music tags, get rid of duplicate tracks, and manage other media like videos and photos (creating GIFs from static images, etc.).
- Repair missing music tags.
- Access iOS music across multiple devices.
- Make iPhone ringtones.
- It may have connection issues.
- Less intuitive than other tools.
- This program is a little pricey.
Aiming at transferring items across iDevices, Android phones, PC/Mac, and cloud storage, AnyTrans is a lightweight alternative to iTunes worthy considering. You can browse, organize, edit, and back up content with it. It also capable of rebuilding your iTunes library, removing duplicate content, but only the paid version delivers all functions.
- Access and manage media files freely without iTunes.
- Make ringtones for your iPhone.
- The trial version offers limited features.
- Take a long time to respond sometimes.
We talked about 9 other programs like iTunes, and the latest one we mention today is SynciOS. It syncs files like contacts, messages, call logs, music, photos, etc., between two phones running Android and iOS or between cell phones and PCs. It serves as a management tool with several settings options.
- Clear visual interface.
- Convenient transfer between iOS devices.
- It only works while launching iTunes.
- Deliver limited contact management.
That's the whole review of the 11 best iTunes alternatives for Windows/Mac. Among other things, Musicbee and MediaMonkey are only available on Windows currently, while SynciOS requires to work with iTunes. MobiKin Assistant for iOS works on all Windows and mac operating systems, is compatible with all iOS devices, and does not need to run iTunes. Of course it is the best choice for users.
Here, you may ask: is there a free iTunes alternative with full features? Well, free products are generally not easy to use. For example, they may cause compatibility issues for not being updated for a long time, data loss due to stuck tasks, or privacy security risks, according to some professionals.
Finally, if you find other great software, please leave a comment below. And we will continue to provide you with more comprehensive content references.
How to Fix iPhone/iCloud Photos Not Showing Up on Mac?
Easy Ways to Get iPhone Text Messages on Windows 10
How to Transfer iPhone Files to PC without iTunes Easily?
AirDrop Alternatives for Windows and Android Phone
[Marvelous] Top 8 iCloud Alternatives for Backing Up iPhone, iPad & iPod
How to Unlock A Disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud? (100% Useful)