How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac (7 Ways Offered)
iPhone is definitely a good device for taking photos anytime anywhere. But there are so many situations will require you to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac for different purposes, below are some examples:
- Lost all photos on your computer after the system reinstallation or upgrade, and you wish to move photos from iPhone to Mac for editing in iPhoto or Photoshop?
- Love to take photos with your iPhone X, so saved lots of precious photos on the device after a period of time. In order to release more free space on the device, you need to backup these photos from iPhone X to Mac computer with one click?
- Maybe you just want to save your photos somewhere other than your iPhone, edit them using Mac software, or transfer them on to other people's Mac.
We all know that iTunes is a good media management tool on the desktop computer. And it can help you import photos from computer to iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR, X, 8 Plus, etc. within a few clicks. But if you wish to import photos from iPhone to Mac computer for backing up, editing or sharing, things could be a little bit different due to the Apple's security consideration.
So in this page, we could like to recommend all of you with 3 different ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. If you're struck in any situation above and have no idea on how to transfer photos from iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/8 to Mac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air or iMac, etc.
- Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac with MobiKin Assistant for iOS
- Part 2. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto/Photos App
- Part 3. How to Upload Photos from iPhone to Mac with Email
- Part 4. How to Download Photos from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop
- Part 5. How to Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac with iCloud Photo Library
- Part 6. How to Get Photos from iPhone to Mac with Preview
- Part 7. How to Move Photos from iPhone to Mac with Image Capture
Photos on your iPhone is not just shooting with the device directly, they may also be downloaded or transferred from other places, right? Thus, if you're planning to copy photos from iPhone to Mac, not only the the ones taken with your iPhone but also the ones transferred or downloaded from other sources, then this all-in-one MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Mac or Win) will be the best option for you. With it, you can:
- Backup all kinds of photos (camera roll, photo stream, etc.) from your iPhone devices to Mac computer without any losing;
- Transfer iPhone music, movie, books, playlist, etc. to Mac computer easily;
- All models of iPhone are supported by this program well, including iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, etc.;
- Provide you with super fast transferring speed that only takes you 5 minutes to complete 3000 photos transfer from iPhone to Mac;
- Assistant for iOS is developed by an Apple-trusted developer, any data loss or info leakage problem would never happen;
After downloading and installing MobiKin Assistant for iOS on your iMac, MacBook Pro/Air, Mac Mini or Mac Pro, you can then follow us to download photos from iPhone to Mac with the detailed guide below.
Step 1. Connect Your iPhone to Mac
Once you have downloaded and installed Assistant for iOS on your Mac, you can connect iPhone to this Mac with USB cable and launch the installed program. Click "Trust" button to trust this computer on your iPhone, then you'll see the interface below on your Mac.
Step 2. Preview and select the photos you need
All file types will be displayed on the left side menu. Just click "Photos" tab and all pictures in your iPhone will be scanned out. Preview all photos and select out the ones you want to transfer to Mac.
Step 3. How to transfer photos from iPhone to Macbook
After you have selected all the photos you need, you can hit the "Export" button on the top menu to bring out the path choosing dialog. Just choose a location on your Mac and the iPhone photos to Mac transfer will start off instantly.
Please have a look at the video tutorial about how to import photos from iPhone to Mac:
Check If You Need:
- 3 Best Ways to Backup and Restore iPhone (#3 is Excellent)
- How to Share Music on iPhone? (4 Simple Ways Included)
If the photo you want to export is taken by your iPhone, then you can directly use the iPhoto/Photos App to finish the transmission from iPhone devices to Mac OS X. Below is the simple steps for your reference:
For Mac OS X Yosemite earlier, using iPhoto:
Step 1. Directly connect your iPhone Xs, Xs Max, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, etc. to Mac via a USB cable, and then iPhoto will automatically be launched and opened the Import window. All photos taken with iPhone will be listed under "Camera Roll".
Step 2. Click "Import All..." button to load all iPhone photos to iPhoto with one click. If you only need to import few files, you can click "Import Selected" button as you like.
For Mac OS X Yosemite or later, using Photos:
Step 1. If you are using Mac OS X Yosemite or later, you must find the old iPhoto app has been replaced with the new app named Photos. Just run Photos app on your Mac.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to Mac via USB cable and click "Import" button from the Photos app.
Step 3. Preview and select the photos you want to transfer to Mac.
Step 4. Press on "Import Selected" or "Import All New Photos" option to sync photos from iPhone to Mac.
Only two simple steps, you can copy pictures from iPhone to Mac's iPhoto/Photos easily, and you can preview or edit the images with iPhoto/Photos as you like.
If you only have few images need to be exported to Mac computer for sharing or backup, you can use the Email service on your iPhone. You only need to open the photo app on the device, and find the photos you want to send. Tap "Select" button on the top right corner and mark the pictures you wish to transfer. After that, you can click Share and choose Mail function to send the images to your desktop computer easily.
However, using email to send photos have number limited, you only allowed to send up to 5 pictures in one email. So if you have a large amount of photos should be transferred, this method could be time-consuming. And it is required the network situation is normal. Otherwise, you can't use the Mail service.
Check If You Need:
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop? 4 Solutions for You!
- Top 4 Ways on How to Transfer Photos from Laptop to iPhone
You can also use AirDrop to transfer photos from your iPhone to your Mac. You can swipe up at the bottom of the iPhone screen to open the Control Center and open the AirDrop button. Or open AirDrop from Settings > General > AirDrop. Then select the person you want to transfer the photo in "Contacts Only" or "Everyone".
Below is how to Airdrop photos from iPhone to Mac:
Step 1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
Step 2. Preview the photos in the thumbnail view, then click the "Select" button in the upper right corner to select the photos you want to send to your Mac (the selected photo is displayed as a blue check mark).
Step 3. Tap the "Share" icon (the box with the up arrow).
Step 4. Turn to the AirDrop section to click on the name of your Mac.
Step 5. On your Mac, accept the photos transferred and they will be saved to the Downloads folder on your Mac.
If you want to transfer photos from your iPhone to your Mac without USB, you might consider using ICloud Photo. iCloud Photo is Apple's online photo storage service. It allows you to seamlessly import images from your iPhone to your Mac. You only need to log in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on your iPhone and Mac.
Step 1. Open the iPhone and go to Settings > Photos to activate the Media Library iCloud slider. File upload will begin immediately. If you have a lot of media libraries, uploading takes a long time. Please note that not only photos but also videos will be transferred to iCloud.
Step 2. On your Mac, click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and go to System Preferences > iCloud. Sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID as on your iPhone, and you'll see the uploaded photos in the appropriate sections.
You can also use iCloud Photo to solve the problem on how to send photos from Mac to iPhone, just do the same thing as above.
Check If You Need:
- How to Backup Photos from iPhone - 7 Easy & Secure Ways
- How to Backup Contacts on iPhone with/without iTunes - 5 Fast Ways
Want to know how to download pictures from iPhone to Mac by using Preview app? Below is the detailed tutorial:
- Connect iPhone to your Mac with a USB cable.
- Launch Preview on your Mac.
- Go to the upper left corner of your screen to click "File" option.
- Choose Import from your iPhone.
- Select the photos you want to transfer to Mac by clicking Import or Import All.
- Choose destination on your Mac for the transferred iPhone photos.
There's another app that you can use to solve the problem on how to backup photos from iPhone to Mac - Image Capture. This app was originally designed for importing photos from scanners and other devices. People rarely use it because they are used to Photos App to manage images on the iPhone. Following are the steps to backup iPhone photos to Mac.
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to Mac.
- Open Image Capture app on your Mac.
- List of connected devices will be displayed, select your iPhone from the device list.
- Choose an output folder to save your iPhone photos.
- Click Import or Import All to export photos from iPhone to Mac.
How Do I Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac - The Ultimate Answer!
After reviewing these 7 methods on transferring photos from iPhone to Mac, we can easily find that the first method could be the best one. Because it can transfer all photos or images on your iPhone devices to Mac computer with one simple click, and it also can help you manage other files on your device very well. Thus, if you're looking for a comprehensive program to deal with how to save photos from iPhone to Mac/iMac/Macbook/Macbook Air, then you can't miss MobiKin Assistant for iOS any more.
Why not click the download button below and install the MobiKin Assistant for iOS to try it out?