[Total Guide] How to Add New Contacts to iPhone Easily in 2019?
Managing contacts in your new iPhone can be really hectic if you have been an Android user all through and don't have an idea about iPhone interfaces. For a matter of fact, the iPhone interface is totally different from other operating systems but once you understand the concept, it becomes the easiest to use. Learning on how to add contacts to an iPhone is one of those basic starter skills you need to experience the convenience of an iPhone XS/XR/8/7/6/5/4.
Here are 8 ways:
- Tip 1. Add Contacts to iPhone from Contacts App
- Tip 2. Add Contacts to iPhone from Recent Call History
- Tip 3. Add Contacts to iPhone from Text Messages
- Tip 4. Add Contacts to iPhone from Computer Using MobiKin (Recommend !!!)
- Tip 5. Add Contacts to iPhone from Computer with iTunes
- Tip 6. Add Contacts to iPhone from Gmail
- Tip 7. Add Contacts to iPhone from SIM Card
- Tip 8. How to Set My Info Card
- Extra Tips for Managing Contacts and Other Files on iPhone
One of the easiest ways to add contacts to an iPhone is to use its built-in "Contacts" app. You can choose this way to add a small number of contacts one by one.
- Unlock your iPhone and tap on the "Phone" app.
- You will be brought into a numeric keyboard. Tap "Contacts" on the bottom of the screen.
- Hit the +(plus) sign at the far left corner.
- Now you can see the "New Contact" screen.
- Type the name, company, telephone number, email address, and other info of the contact as you like.
- Tap on "Done" to save the new contact.
- You can find this contact from your contact list.
You can also save a new contact to your iPhone from the recent call history. This function offers a convenient method for iOS users to add contacts after a phone ringing.
Here are the steps:
- On iPhone screen, touch on the "Phone" app to open it.
- Tap on "Recents" at the bottom.
- You shall see all the recent incoming, outgoing and missed calls.
- Tap on the info icon (an "i" letter) against the desired number.
- Select "Create New Contact", or "Add to Existing Contact".
- Follow the on-screen prompts to enter the detailed info of the contact.
- Tap "Done" to save the new contact to your iPhone.
Apart from the call history, the received text messages are also available to add a new contact to your iPhone.
You can follow these steps:
- Tap on "Messages" icon from the home screen.
- Select one of the conversation threads from the list.
- Tap info icon (i) at the top-right corner.
- Touch on the phone number that appears and if they are multiple, just tap the one you prefer to save.
- Next, from the four options that appear, tap "Create New Contact".
- Follow the on-screen prompts to enter the detailed info of the contact.
- Touch "Done".
From now on, you have learned 3 ways to add new contacts to your iPhone one by one with the iPhone built-in features. In the following parts, you will read the guides to add contacts to your iPhone in batches.
Tip 4. Add New Contacts to iPhone in Batches from Computer Using MobiKin - All-in-one Solution for Adding & Managing iPhone Contacts
MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Windows/Mac) allows you to add/delete/edit/export/import iPhone contacts on the computer directly. You can preview the iPhone contact info on your computer at first if needed, then simply create a new contact or import contact files (XML format) in batches to your iPhone with your computer keyboard.
Supported iOS devices (running iOS 5 to iOS 12): iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/8/7/6/5/4, iPad Air/mini/2, iPod touch 5/4/3/nano, etc.
Free download the MobiKin Assistant for iOS and follow the steps to add & manage iPhone contacts from your computer.
Add Contacts to iPhone from Computer with MobiKin
You can have a quick look at the overview and learn the details in the following.
- Launch MobiKin Assistant for iOS.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
- Preview the contact info.
- Click "New" to add a new contact to your iPhone.
- Click "Import" to add contacts in batches.
To start with, you need to install the latest iTunes on your computer.
Step 1. Launch MobiKin Assistant for iOS and connect your iPhone to the PC/Mac via a USB cable.
Step 2. Follow the prompts to make the program recognize your iPhone. Once done, you will be brought into the primary interface.
Step 3. Tap on the "Contacts" option on the left panel, turn off the iCloud to let the program load all the contacts if it prompts.
Step 4. Now, you can preview your contact list. Click the "New" button to create a single contact to your iPhone. Then follow the prompts to enter the detailed info of the contact.
Step 5. Alternatively, you can add contacts in batches. Click "Import" to select a contact file from your computer and transfer it to your iPhone directly.
Related Hot Spots:
- How to Transfer Contacts from Computer to iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/8/7?
- How to Import VCF to iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/8 Plus/8/7? (Productivity Tips)
- How to View iPhone Messages on Computer?
You can sync contacts to your iPhone using iTunes directly as follows:
- Launch the latest iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Once connected, you can find your device on the left panel of iTunes. Tap on the device icon.
- If you saved contacts on iTunes, you will see an "Info" button. Tap on it.
- Select the "Sync Contacts With" option.
- Tap on "Windows Contacts" from the drop-down menu.
- Click "Sync" to add contacts to your iPhone.
Gmail account can be used to transfer contacts not only on Android devices but also on iPhone. So Gmail account is commonly a good choice to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone and vice versa. You can use it to add contacts from Gmail to your iOS devices.
- Open the "Settings" app.
- Go to the "Accounts & Passwords".
- Tap on "Add Account".
- Select "Google".
- Type your Gmail address and password.
- Tap on "Next".
- Tick the "Contacts" on.
- Click "Save".
- Open the "Contacts" app on your iPhone to activate the syncing process.
Even though you are not allowed to transfer contacts from iPhone to its SIM card, you can transfer contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone.
- Take off the SIM cards from your new iPhone and the old phone.
- Insert the old phone's SIM card to your new iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open the "Settings".
- Tap on "Contacts".
- Tap on "Import SIM Contacts".
- Once done, take off your old phone's SIM card and insert your iPhone SIM card to your iPhone.
This method can be used for Android users when switching to a new iPhone. But it is not recommended for the high risk of losing contacts. The loaded contacts will be lost permanently if the SIM card is damaged during its moving process. You had better backup your Android contacts at first.
You may like to create a contact for yourself to make a better interactive experience with some of the customized apps on your iPhone. When you are using these apps, such as Siri, Mail, and Maps, they need to read your personal info. If you own a personal contact card, it will be much more convenient.
Here are the steps to set My Info card:
- Create a contact for yourself. Please refer to Tip 1.
- On the iPhone home screen, open the "Settings" app.
- Choose "Contacts".
- Tap on "My info".
- Select your own contact from the contact list.
- Now "My Info" card will load your information, which will be applied to the customized apps.
Manage iPhone Contacts from Computer with MobiKin
You can also manage iPhone contacts on a computer with MobiKin Assistant for iOS. Here are the related features:
Export - Transfer contacts from iPhone to computer and saved as different formats, such as HTML, CSV, VCF, XML, Text and so on.
Delete - Remove unwanted contacts from iPhone.
Edit - Modify an existing contact on iPhone from your computer.
Some users may want to know:
(1) How to add contacts to the iPhone home screen for managing, you can open this link to visit the Apple support website.
(2) You can also learn how to manage iPhone contact groups here.
Manage Other Files on iPhone with MobiKin
MobiKin is an all-around iOS assistant for users to manage their iOS devices on the computer desktop directly. With it, you can also:
- Transfer music from iPhone to PC/Mac easily.
- Send large videos from iPhone to the computer with 1 click.
- Transfer photos from iOS devices to a computer after previewing.
- Uninstall apps from iPhone/iPad/iPod on the computer.
- Manage (backup/restore/delete) iTunes backup files on your computer.
After reading this step by step tutorial, have you found a prefer tip to add contacts to your iPhone? The above steps are quite easy to follow even if you are an iPhone newbie. Please select one of them to have a try. How do you think about these tips? Or if you have other good ideas for adding/managing contacts on your iPhone, let us know by leaving your opinions.