Android Backup Assistant - Backup Android Phone to PC
Admittedly, iPhone is very useful and popular in smart phone market. But sometimes Android cell phone just does it better than any other platform. The most different feature of Android smart phone from iPhone is that Android phone can contain a SD card. If you find that you've maxed out the storage on your iPhone, you are pretty much out of luck. But for Android phone users, they can pop in a new SD card and have gigabytes more storage to play with.
However, although Android users can expand their storage space with SD card, the files on their phones are still overwhelmed. So they need a way to back up the files and put them in order to make good arrangements. But to achieve this, a dedicated third party tool is necessarily required. In the following parts, we will show you the simple way to sync the Android data with a great backup assistant.
How to Sync Android Phone with Computer or Mac with MobiKin Assistant for Android?
To back up the Android files to computer, you need a third party tool to help you.
MobiKin Android Backup Assistant (Windows & Mac) is the perfect software to back data on Android cell phone to computer. The data includes contacts, SMS messages, music, videos, apps, ebooks and more.
The compatible devices are as follows: Sony, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Huawei, ZTE, etc. (All Android OS devices included).
Specific Steps to Back up Android Phone to PC
Choose a free trial version and download and install it on your PC, then follow the instructions below.
Step 1. Enable USB Debugging
Link your Android cell phone to the computer via its USB cable. Then launch the program. Follow the steps to enable USB debugging first.
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
Step 2. Check the Files on Android
After opening the USB debugging, you can install the USB driver on the computer. And then the software will detect your device. These two steps will take a while. Afterward, the primary information and the files will be displayed on the main interface. You can see it clear by hitting the picture beside.
Note: Enable USB debugging is of great importance. Make sure you have opened it or you can't take the following measures.
Step 3. Back up Android Files to Computer
Go through the files carefully and choose the files you want to back up. First, click the files on top of the menu, then preview the detailed information on the right panel. Mark them and click "Export" and "Import" to back up the Android data to computer or copy some from the computer to Android cell phone. It's quite easy to handle with. Just check the window on the right side and you will know it well.
Alternative Pick: Backup & Restore Android Phone with MobiKin Transfer for Mobile
It is no doubt that you can use the above method to backup all kinds of Android data to computer or Mac easily, but you may also wish to have more options to reach the same goal, so that you can compare these methods and pick up the best one, right? Therefore, here we also like to recommend the MobiKin Transfer for Mobile for you to backup data from Android to computer. With it, you can:
- Backup all kinds of data like contacts, text messages, call logs, photos, apps, etc. from Android phone or tablet to PC or Mac with 1 simple click;
- Restore the backed up files to other phone as you like;
- Directly backup your Android data from one to another without hassle;
- Support various operating systems like Android, iOS, Symbian, Windows OS, BlackBerry, etc.
Let's have a brief look on the primary window of the powerful Android Backup software:
Backup Android data to computer: