Simple Guide to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Motorola Android Phone
After a period of depression, Motorola has ushered in vigorous reviving around the world. Many folks hold it in high esteem, for it is a brand aiming for customer satisfaction. Often, Moto fans may be more likely to back up contacts, photos, etc., on their phones than text messages. Now, if the texts are accidentally deleted before making a secure backup, how can you recover deleted text messages on Motorola Android phone?
OK, in today's passage, you will learn 3 excellent way to retrieve deleted messages from Motorola with/without backup. Before that, first, let's see if the deleted messages are really gone from your phone; and is it possible to retrieve them.
There is no undo button on a Motorola phone as well as other Android devices. After the text messages are deleted, they don't vanish from phones' memory immediately. Instead, they are hidden somewhere in the device and marked as "useless" info.
However, if you keep using your Motorola phone, the newly generated data would probably cover the deleted items, and Moto SMS recovery could thus be dim. What's worse, for those who haven't backed up the Motorola with professional software or services, it's likely to be deeply baffled when it comes to text message recovery.
To keep SMS from being overwritten, you'd better:
- Put your Motorola phone into Airplane mode.
- Don't open any apps on Motorola.
- Avoid creating any new files on your phone.
- Look for a program to recover SMS as soon as possible.
There is a real chance that the backup file may contain your wanted text messages if you have a previous backup for Motorola on Google Drive. Before getting back the SMS, you need to go to Google Drive on your device and make sure the backup content comes within.
To recover deleted text messages on Moto X/Moto G5 Plus/G6/G7/Droid via Google Drive:
- Run Google Drive on your Motorola phone.
- Open the menu by clicking the 3-line icon at the top left corner.
- Now, select "Backup" to check if your Moto data has been backed up.
- If there are previous backups there, you can choose a backup and select "SMS text messages".
- Finally, tap "Restore" to regain the deleted Motorola text messages. (P.S. Google Drive doesn't work? Click here for fixes.)
If you have set up a backup of Motorola text messages via the SMS Backup & Restore app, you can recover deleted SMS with the app accordingly. And by taking advantage of its backup & restore feature, you can also transfer SMS from Android to Android easily.
How to recover deleted text messages on Motorola via SMS Backup & Restore?
- On your Motorola phone, download SMS Backup & Restore before you install and launch it.
- Tap "Restore" > choose the backup you want to recover.
- Mark your desired items from the "Options" section as required.
- Tap "Restore" > "OK". Next, follow the instruction to temporarily set the app as your default messaging app.
- Press "Yes" to start restoring your Motorola text messages.
- Full Guide to Transfer Data from Motorola to iPhone
- 2 Fast & Easy Ways to Recover Snapchat Messages on Android
Tagged as "easy to use, safe scan, fast recovery, 98% success rate..." by its users. MobiKin Doctor for Android (Win and Mac) has always enjoyed great popularity owing to its performance in Android data recovery.
As a professional and highly secure phone recovery software, it can scan all the content on Android in a short time and highlight the deleted content in red for easy preview and selection. After you find the Moto text messages are missing, just download and try the program as early as possible.
Main features of MobiKin Doctor for Android:
- Recover all the lost or deleted data from Android phone internal memory and SD card.
- Support various data types, including text messages, contacts, call logs, photos, videos, audio, music, call logs, documents, and more.
- Let you preview and recover the specific items before recovery.
- Run smoothly on 8000+ Android phones or tablets, such as Moto G10/G9/G8/G7/G6/G5/G4/G3, C330/C350/C650, V860/V868/V870/, E365, E398, MOTO X, MOTO X Pro, Droid Turbo, Moto Ultra, etc.
- You can use it blithely, for it never records its users' privacy.
How to retrieve deleted texts on Motorola via MobiKin Doctor for Android?
Step 1. Connect Motorola to a computer
Download and install Doctor for Android on your computer before you launch it. Connect Motorola to a computer via a USB cable. Now, follow the screen prompts to get your Moto phone recognized by the utility.
Step 2. Let the software scan your device
After the recognition, tick on "Messages" and click "Next" from the screen. Then refer to the wizard to let the program scan your device, and you'll access all the text messages on Motorola soon.
Tips: To recover text messages from the Android internal memory, please root your Motorola phone for a secure and complete scan.
Step 3. Recover deleted text messages from Motorola
Preview all the text messages on the program interface and choose your desired ones to restore. Then tap "Recover" from the lower right to initiate the Motorola SMS recovery.
Once done, you can check the text messages on your computer and keep them there for backup or printing.
This post is directed at how to recover deleted text messages from Motorola Android phone. For those who have used Google Drive or the SMS Backup & Restore app for backups, it is likely that the deleted SMS can thereby be recovered.
However, if you do not have a backup or there's something wrong with the backup file, it's undoubtedly that MobiKin Doctor for Android is your best bet. So just download the ideal Android recovery tool and give it a go. You know, seeing is believing.
Finally, here's a well-worn but useful tip: more and more people are paying enough attention to Motorola data security in case that the content on it gets lost someday; thus, do remember to perform regularly scheduled backups for your Motorola phone, please.