How to Back Up iPhone to iCloud in Easy Steps?
In order to protect the safety of your iPhone data, it is particularly important to back up your iPhone. Many iOS users will choose to back up iPhone to iCloud, after all iCloud is a well-known cloud storage medium designed by Apple. As long as you have a WiFi network connection and enough iCloud storage space, backing up your iPhone to iCloud is a piece of cake. However, iCloud only offers 5GB of free storage. Many people don't know what to do when iCloud storage space is insufficient. Luckily, this article covers a variety of iCloud tricks for iPhone backups, when cloud storage is or isn't enough. Read on to see which one is right for you.
So, what will be backed up on iCloud? Please read on.
- iMessage, SMS and MMS.
- Purchase history from the App Store, Books Store, and iTunes.
- Visual Voicemail.
- Purchase history for movies, music, TV shows, books and apps.
- Photos and videos from your camera roll.
- iPhone Settings.
- Contacts, Mail, Calendar, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos, and more.
- Home screen and app layout.
- Application data.
- Health Data.
How do I back up iPhone to iCloud? As mentioned above, as long as you have an active Apple ID and password to access iCloud and its features, and your device connect to a WiFi network, you can follow the step-by-step instructions below to back up iPhone with iCloud.
How to back up iPhone on iCloud automatically
- Launch the "Settings" tab on your iPhone, scroll the screen and select "iCloud".
- In the iCloud tab, scroll down and choose "Backup".
- Toggle the key right to enable automatic iPhone backup to iCloud.
How to back up iPhone to iCloud manually
- Open the Settings tab on your iPhone, scroll down and select "iCloud".
- Pick "iCloud Backup".
- Tap "Back Up Now" to start the process.
As we all know, the iPhone only provides 5GB of free storage space. So, what should we do when the storage space is full? Below are three methods for your reference.
Method 1: Buy more iCloud storage space
You can upgrade to iCloud+ with a premium cloud subscription for even more storage.
- Launch the "Settings" tab on your iPhone and click on [your name].
- Click "iCloud" > "Manage Storage".
- Select "Buy more storage" or "Change storage plan".
- Select the plan you want from the list.
Method 2: Disable the backup feature for some iPhone files
When you're running low on iCloud storage, it can be helpful to reduce the file types you back up to iCloud.
- Open "Settings" on your iPhone and tap [your name].
- Select "iCloud".
- Uncheck any apps or files that you don't think should be backed up on iCloud.
Method 3: Free up iCloud storage
You can also delete some unnecessary files in iCloud, such as photos, videos, messages, etc., to free up available iCloud space.
Besides iCloud, we can also use iTunes to back up iPhone files. Click here to know how to back up iPhone to iTunes. We can also keep an iPhone backup on computer, and here is also a special guide to tell you how to back up iPhone to computer.
You May Also Need:
- Is It Possible to Back Up iPhone without WiFi? 3 Feasible Ways for You
- 3 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone without Backup
When we successfully back up iPhone to iCloud, we don't have to worry about accidentally deleting iPhone data in the future. Because once the data is deleted, we can restore iPhone data from iCloud backup. If you want to selectively recover data from iCloud backup without data loss, then you must not miss a professional iPhone data recovery tool - MobiKin Doctor for iOS.
Key highlights of Doctor for iOS:
- The best iOS data recovery tool for recovering data from iOS devices, iTunes and iCloud backups.
- Recover deleted iOS data like contacts, call logs, videos, audios, photos, notes, messages, WhatsApp data, etc.
- Retrieve deleted data from iPhone/iPad/iPod directly, without any backup.
- Restore iPhone from backup files without overwriting the existing ones.
- Backup all types of iPhone data to PC/Mac.
- Compatible with virtually all iDevices, including iPhone 14/13/12/11/Xs/XR/9/8/7/6S/6, iPad Pro/Air/4/mini/2, iPod touch 6/5/4/3/2.
How to restore iPhone from iCloud backup using Doctor for iOS:
Step 1: Run Doctor for iOS on your computer after downloading and installing. Select "Recover from iCloud" from the left sidebar of the primary interface. Then, you are required to enter your iCloud account and password to log in.
Step 2: Once logged in successfully, all synced files in your iCloud account will be displayed for you. Select the category of data you want to recover and click "Next".
Step 3: The file categories you selected will all be downloaded. Now, you can preview and select the data you want to recover, including contacts, photos, notes, calendars and reminders. Then, click "Recover to Computer" to save them on your computer.
In this article, we mainly discussed what file categories iCloud can back up, how to back up your phone to iCloud, what to do if iCloud storage is full, and how to recover data from iCloud backups. Now, you can start. I believe that whether it is backing up iPhone to iCloud or restoring iCloud backup on iPhone, you will have no problems. Did you find this guide helpful? Did you encounter any doubts during the actual operation? Let us know in the comments section below. We always welcome your feedback.