How to Find iPhone Backup Locations on Windows/Mac?
People always know how to backup their iPhone devices with iTunes or iCloud, but don't know where are these iPhone backups on their Windows or Mac computer. We know that iTunes can backup most data on your iDevices, and store them in a specific folder on your desktop computer. And finding them can help you restore iPhone data when you mistakenly deleted something important. So in this article, we could like to show you how to find iPhone backup locations on Windows or Mac computer easily, and how to delete them as you like.
Where are iPhone Backup Locations on Windows or Mac Computer?
Here is a tablesheet to show you the iPhone locations in different Windows and Mac computer. You can follow the address to find your iPhone backups as you like.
|Operating System||iTunes Backup Location|
|Mac OS||~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/|
|Windows XP||C:\DocumentsandSettings\user\ApplicationData\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup|
|Windows Vista/8/8.1/10||C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup|
Note: 1. For Windows users, here is also another quick way to find these backup locations.
- For Windows XP, you can directly click "Start" icon and choose "Run", then type "appdata" and click "OK";
- For Windows Vista/8/8.1/10, you can simply click "Start" and type "appdata" in the search bar, then press "return".
2. Sometimes, you may can't find the Application Data and Appdata categories in your Windows computer, so you have to enable "Show hidden files" in Windows Explorer before viewing them.
How to Delete iPhone Backups on PC or Mac?
Since we have listed too much advantages of backing up your iPhone, iPad or iPod with iTunes in this or other articles, but sometimes you still need to delete these iPhone backups from locations due to:
1. Too much backup files on the locations, and you feel hard to find one from them at everytime;
2. Cannot backup your iPhone and the iTunes remind you to deleted the old backups at first;
3. Too much same data have been saved in the different backups, so you wish to delete the old ones to free up more space on your disk;
Obviously, there are also lots of other reasons why you wish to delete your iPhone backups, and we don't want to discuss them one by one here. So let's turn to the topic of deleting iPhone backups from locations easily. Actually, deleting a iPhone backup from location on Windows or Mac computer is a quite easy, especially when you have found the backups' location. So you only need to find the backup you want to delete, and right-click it, then choose "Delete" or "Move to Trash".
How to Restore iPhone Data from Backups?
If you mistakenly deleted something important on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, don't worry, you still have a chance to get them back due to the backup files on your computer. To reach it, you only need to ask help for a professional iPhone data recovery software like MobiKin Doctor for iOS (Windows/Mac), then it will help you get back your lost data like contacts, text messages, call history, photos, videos, etc. from iPhone device or iTunes backup easily. Below is the main interface of the powerful tool and if you wish to learn more detailed steps, you can click here to learn how to recover deleted iPhone data from iTunes backups.