[Step by Step Guide] How to Download Photos from iCloud to iPhone?
iCloud is a cloud-based service that allows you to share files across different devices. You also do back up your photos to your iCloud account from time to time. So, when you want to retrieve some old photos from iCloud and download them to your iPhone to free up more space for other things, what should you do?
If you have similar questions and want to get photos from iCloud to iPhone, then this guide is just what you need. Today, we will provide you with four different solutions, whether you use the latest iOS 15 or any old version, can help any ordinary person download photos from iCloud to iPhone 13/12/11/Xs Max/8/8 Plus/7.
- Method 1. How to Get Photos from iCloud to iPhone Using iCloud Backup
- Method 2. How to Download Photos from iCloud to iPhone with iCloud Photo Library
- Method 3. How to Download Pictures from iCloud to iPhone via iCloud.com
- Method 4. How to Get Photos from iCloud Photos Stream to iPhone
- Bonus Tip: Is There an Alternative Backup Software to iCloud?
It's easy to download all the photos in the iCloud backup to the iPhone in one go. But you need to know that this method involves a recovery process, that is, you need to erase the existing data on your device, and then automatically restore all the data in the backup file, including the pictures you need. If you only want to get pictures from iCloud to iPhone in the iCloud backup, but not all the content, you can skip this method directly.
Steps to download photos from iCloud to iPhone using iCloud backup:
- Go to your iPhone's "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings".
- Go with the direction on the screen to set up your iPhone. Tap on "Restore from iCloud Backup" from "Apps & Data" screen.
- Log in to your Apple ID and passcode, and choose the exact backup you need to restore
- When the restoration process finishes, all the old photos will be placed again inside your iPhone.
- How to Transfer Photo Albums from iPhone to Computer
- How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone Easily
We all know that photos and videos can take up a lot of iPhone storage space. And most iOS devices are equipped with a dedicated photo library function, with the help of iCloud photo library, users can transfer pictures and videos to Apple cloud services, thereby freeing up space on the device. Using iCloud photo library backup function to move photos from iCloud to iPhone is easier than directly using iCloud backup.
Here are the steps on how to get photos from iCloud to phone quickly:
- Activate the iCloud Photo Library by going to "Settings" > [your name] > "iCloud" > "Photos".
- If you have chose "Optimize iPhone Storage" before, then, you need to tap on "Download and Keep Originals" now, to get all your photos back to iPhone.
- Finally, open the Photos app and connect the iPhone to a stable network. Wait until the photo download process is successfully completed.
If you enable iCloud Photos, you can transfer photos from iCloud to iPhone via the site of iCloud. You only need to use the same Apple ID to download the photos from the iCloud website to your PC or Mac, and then use iTunes to transfer them to your iPhone.
How to download photos from iCloud to iPhone 6/7/8/Xs/11/12/13:
- First, visit iCloud.com on your PC browser, and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Tap "Photos" from your iCloud account interface.
- Choose the photos you want to download and tap on the button of "More".
- Tap on "Download" and click "Download" to confirm.
- Once your selected photos have been downloaded to the PC, you can connect your iPhone to the PC, and launch iTunes.
- On the iTunes interface, tap on "Device" and choose "Photos".
- Click on "Sync Photos" > "Apple"/"Done" to sync photos from computer to your iPhone.
With iCloud Photo Stream, we can easily and quickly transfer all photos from iCloud to iOS devices. However, this method also has its shortcomings, that is, it can only save photos within 30 days that were recently taken on an iOS device. Therefore, this method is not suitable for you to get old photos. At the same time, please make sure your iPhone is connected to stable WiFi or cellular data, since this method is a bit time-consuming.
How to get photos from iCloud onto iPhone via iCloud Photos Stream:
- Go to "Settings" on your iPhone. Make sure your iPhone has signed in with your Apple ID.
- Tap on the "iCloud" app and choose "Photos".
- Move down the page of options to choose the "Photo Stream".
- Tap the option to activate the same.
- After activation, the synchronization will start off and the photos available in the iCloud will now be on the iPhone.
We all know that each series of iPhone will have 32GB or 64GB internal storage iPhone models for those who have insufficient budget or don't have much storage space requirements. And this extremely limited memory storage makes downloading photos from iCloud tricky, because you will find that the iPhone's storage space will soon be insufficient. To make matters worse, there is not much free storage space provided by iCloud.
So, are there other better iCloud alternatives to backup iPhone photos? Here, we strongly recommend that you have MobiKin Assistant for iOS. This third-party software can help you manage and maintain the data and storage space on your iPhone. It is hailed as the best alternative to iTunes and iCloud, providing a simpler and easier way to manage your iOS data, including contacts, text messages, photos, videos, and more.
We know that due to Apple's strict restrictions on managing devices, the timely emergence of Assistant for iOS allows you to rely on its unique functions to manage important data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Why use Assistant for iOS instead of iCloud:
- Back up photos from iPhone to computer without restriction by same Apple ID requirement.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc. to PC/Mac and restore them easily.
- Allow users to backup, export, import, uninstall, preview or edit iOS data on the PC or Mac directly.
- Manage various data types, including Video, Photo, Music, eBook, Contacts, Text Messages, Notes, Safari Bookmarks, Voice Memo, Podcast, Ringtone, Playlist, etc.
- Backup and restore data between your iDevices directly and import iTunes backups from PC to your device
- Delete any unwanted iTunes backups from your PC.
- Compatible with almost all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod, including iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/mini, iPhone 12/12 mini/12 Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro Max, iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/X, iPhone 9/9 Plus, iPhone 8/7/6S/6, etc.
The Bottom Line
The above is all the solutions about how to get photos back from iCloud to iPhone. These step-by-step detailed guides can be mastered even by novices. These methods are safe and reliable, and are the most commonly used methods for most iPhone users. However, these methods all require your device to be connected to a reliable and stable network. If iCloud does not work properly, then please try to use MobiKin Assistant for iOS to backup and manage your iPhone photos in a better way.