How to Sync iPad with New Computer (PC & Mac) without Erasing?
"How to sync iPad with new computer without erasing? My old computer which was used to sync the iPad is dead and I bought a new one. I want to sync iPad 4 with the new computer. How can I accomplish this?" - Posted on discussions.apple.com
When you buy a new computer, you need to sync your iPad to the new computer. It will create a backup of the content on your iPad to ensure your data is safe and avoid losing any content if your iPad is damaged or lost. However, how to sync iPad to computer without erasing is often confusing. This is because people often choose to use iTunes as the default iOS data management software, and iTunes only allows you to synchronize the device with one iTunes at a time, which means that any attempt to synchronize with different iTunes libraries will cause the device to be erased or overwritten.
In order to help you solve your concerns, we will provide you with the best way to sync iPad to computer without erasing. At the same time, we will also discuss solutions using iTunes. Therefore, whether you have iTunes or not, you can find the solution from this article.
- 1st Option: Sync iPad to New Computer Using Assistant for iOS [No Data Erasing]
- 2nd Option: Transfer iPad to New Computer with iTunes [Will Erase Data]
- 3rd Option: Move iPad to New Computer By Transferring iTunes Library [Purchased Items Only]
To sync iPad to computer without erasing, we can draw support from MobiKin Assistant for iOS, a highly recommended iOS device manager program to complete the data syncing process easily and safely without any data loss. As the best alternative to iTunes, Assistant for iOS enables you to transfer iPad to new computer, and vice versa. What's more, it helps you to manage your iPad/iPhone/iPod data on computer like deleting iPad photos, editing iPhone contacts, etc.
Why choose MobiKin Assistant for iOS:
- Sync iPad to a new computer, including contacts, photos, music, messages, videos, iBooks, bookmarks, notes, apps, calendars, and more.
- Preview data before transferring.
- Transfer files from iPad to computer, export/import, and manage your iOS data on PC and Mac.
- Backup and restore data between your iDevices directly.
- Import iTunes backups to your device selectively, or delete any unwanted iTunes backups as you need.
- Fully compatible with iPad Pro/Air/4/mini/the new iPad/iPad 2, and all models of iPhone and iPod touch.
How to sync ipad with new computer without iTunes using Assistant for iOS? Below are the detailed steps.
Step 1: Connect iPad to a new computer
First of all, download and install Assistant for iOS on your new computer. Launch it and connect your iPad to the new computer via a USB cable. Once the connected iPad is detected by the software, the iPad information will be displayed in the main interface.
Step 2: Scan the iPad for specific files
All iPad data will be categorized on the left side of the program screen. Choose one category from the left, the contained files will show up in the right part of the window. You can preview and select the files you want to sync to the new computer.
Step 3: Start to sync iPad to new computer
After selecting the files you want to transfer, you can click "Export" on the top menu to transfer the selected files from your iPad to the new computer. When the data syncing is done, you can check the transferred files in the destination folder.
Once you connect your iPad or other iOS devices to a new PC or Mac, iTunes will prompt you to "Remove and sync" with this iTunes library. Once this is done, all data on your iPad will be erased. Therefore, if you accept the result of the iPad data being erased, then you can follow the steps below. And you'd better back up the content on the iPad before you start.
How to move iPad to new computer via iTunes:
- Install and launch iTunes on your new computer. Connect your iPad to the computer via a USB cable.
- Authorize the new computer using your Apple ID by going to "Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer." Enter your ID and password and click "Authorize" when it pop-up.
- Set up your iPad for syncing by going to "Account" > "Sign-In". Sign into with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on the device icon at the upper left corner of the iTunes window and choose the "Summary" option.
- You can now click on the "Back Up Now" button on the right Backups section to begin the iPad syncing process.
- When the backup has been completed, you can simply click "Done" button on the bottom right, and now you can manage files through iTunes on the new computer.
Guess you like:
The last way to sync iPod without losing data is to transfer Apple-authorized data from the iOS device to the new computer. In other words, this method can transfer items purchased or downloaded from the iTunes store using Apple ID to the iTunes library, including apps, books, music, and videos.
Sync Music and Apps Purchased Through iTunes to new computer:
- Log in to the Apple ID you used on the iPad on the iTunes of the new computer.
- Authorize the computer.
- Press CTRL + S to make the sidebar display completely.
- Right-click on your device name and select "Transfer Purchases".
- You may receive a warning that your computer needs to be authorized again. Click the authorization button to continue entering your login name and password.
- Data synchronization starts.
But one thing to remind is: to avoid any such inconvenience in the next steps, please make sure to uncheck 'Avoid iPhones, iPod and iPads from syncing automatically' from iTunes preferences.
When you buy a new computer and plan to sync your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to this new computer, the best solution is to use the third-party software MobiKin Assistant for iOS. On the one hand, it can ensure that files are transferred between the computer and the computer without losing the existing data on the device; on the other hand, in addition to data synchronization, it also provides a more convenient and direct iPad file management function.
With Assistant for iOS, it is very easy to sync iPad to new computer. If you are not a big fan of iTunes, you can use this software to handle transfer tasks and manage your iOS device in a more effective way.