How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Mac in 7 Flexible Ways?
How many phone numbers can you remember in your mind? Nowadays, many people do not even remember phone numbers anymore, and they rely on the contact information that is stored on their mobile phones. Thus, it would be a big "Disaster" for people when they mistakenly lost or format their device without any contacts backup. That's the case why you want to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC for having an extra backup for your precious contacts.
When it comes to transferring contacts from iPhone to Mac, iCloud is definitely an excellent option to choose. However, you may also meet some annoying limitations during the process. So, most people decide to ask for help from a 3rd-party app or software to sync iPhone contacts to Mac without constraints. Here, we're going to show you seven different ways to sync iPhone contacts with Mac. You can compare them and pick up one according to your own needs.
- Way 1. How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac Directly (Recommended)
- Way 2. How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Mac with iCloud
#2.1. with Address Book
#2.2. from iCloud.com
- Way 3. How to Import Contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud
#3.1. with iTunes
#3.2. with Finder
- Way 4. How to Add Contacts from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
- Way 5. How to Share Contacts between iPhone and Mac with Email
The fastest and most efficient way to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac is using MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Mac Version). This program is specially designed for Mac users to access, view and export all or selected iPhone data like contacts, messages, books, photos, music, etc., to a Mac computer for backup or further sharing. (If you are using a Windows computer, MobiKin Assistant for iOS is ready for you as well.)
What Can Assistant for iOS Do for You:
- Effortlessly sync contacts from iPhone to Mac, or transfer contacts from Mac to iPhone.
- Allows you to preview all the content you want to transfer to make more accurate choices.
- Transfer 14+ file types, including contacts, messages, notes, calendars, bookmarks, songs, voice memos, tones, photos, albums, movies, videos, TV shows, books, etc.
- You can wholly or selectively export/import contacts between iPhone and Mac.
- Back up and restore iPhone, iPad, or iPod data with iTunes with one simple click.
- Applies to almost all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, etc.
How to sync contacts to Mac using this iPhone to Mac Transfer:
Step 1. Download, install and launch the program on your computer, then connect your iPhone to the Mac with a USB cable. Click "Trust" on your iPhone and make your Mac recognize it.
Step 2. Click "Contacts" in the left panel, and turn off iCloud contacts in settings according to the onscreen prompts. Then, you can preview the detailed contact information in the program.
Step 3. Tick the contacts you wish to backup, and hit the "Export" button from the top menu to choose an output format from CSV, VCF, HTML, and Bak as you like. After that, all your selected contacts will be synced to Mac instantly.
Before using iCloud to sync your iPhone contacts to Mac, there is something you need to do for preparations:
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS, and also make sure your Mac is updated to the latest version of macOS.
- Sign in to iCloud on iPhone and Mac with the same Apple ID.
- Make sure both iPhone and Mac are connected to a reliable WiFi network.
After that, you can follow the below steps to export contacts from iPhone to Mac address book by using iCloud easily.
- On your iPhone, go to "Settings" > "iCloud" and turn on "Contacts".
- On your Mac, go to "System Preferences" and click "iCloud > Contacts".
- After that, all your iPhone contacts are synced to the Mac address book with iCloud.
This method can be used on both Mac and Windows computer. You only need to login to iCloud.com on any browser, then follow the below steps, you can sync iPhone contacts to Mac soon.
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in, then click on the "Contacts" option as below.
- Tick the contact you'd like to transfer to Mac.
- Click on the gear icon on the bottom left corner, then choose "Export vCard" to move your selected contacts to Mac as .vcf format.
This method is applied to macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.
- Launch iTunes in your Mac system and connect your iPhone to the Mac via a USB cable.
- On the iTunes windows, click on your iPhone's name and choose the Info option.
- Check the "Sync Contacts" option and click the button "Apply".
After the steps above, iTunes will start to sync your iPhone contacts with Mac, and you can go to the Contacts app on your Mac to check all the synced contacts.
This method is applied to macOS Catalina, which has no iTunes app.
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac and launch Finder.
- Click on your iPhone's name from the left sidebar.
- Click on trust in both the windows of the Finder and your iPhone.
- Click on "Info" and check "Sync contacts onto [Your iPhone Name]".
- Click "Apply".
You May Also Like:
- What if iPhone Won't Sync with iTunes after Upgrading
- Everything You Need to Know about iCloud Backup
As iOS users know, AirDrop can be used to transfer various files between Apple devices, including transferring files from iPhone to Mac. So, how to sync my contacts to my MacBook via AirDrop? For this method to be effective, you need to take extra care to perform the following steps:
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone, enable both WiFi and Bluetooth, and turn on the "AirDrop" feature, then select "Contacts Only" or "Everyone".
- Activate AirDrop on Mac by going to "Finder" > "Go" > "AirDrop", clicking on "Allow me to be discovered by:" and choosing "Contacts Only" or "Everyone".
- Open the Contacts app on your iPhone, find and select the contacts you want to AirDrop to Mac.
- Tap the "Share Contact" option, choose "AirDrop" and select your Mac.
- Turn to your Mac, and you can see a request on your Mac screen. Just accept it, and the contacts will be received and saved to the Downloads folder on your Mac.
Note: Please ensure that the distance between your iPhone and Mac is no more than 30 feet. Otherwise, you may not be able to see your Mac in iPhone AirDrop.
You can also get contacts from iPhone to Mac by sending emails. But this method has some limitations. For example, it is very time-consuming because you cannot send multiple contacts at once. But this method may be suitable for some users, so let's take a look at the specific operation first.
- Open the Contacts app on your iPhone and select the contacts that you want to transfer to Mac.
- Tap on the "Share" option and choose "Mail". Then, you can send the contact to the email you want to.
- Now, you can access the mail on your Mac and download the contact to your Mac system.
As you can see, there are seven different ways to sync contacts from iPhone 12/11/Xs Max/X/8 Plus/8/7 to Mac. Which one is more suitable for you? No matter what is your final option, we hope this article is useful for you, and if you have other ways to reach the goal, welcome to share with us. If you encounter any problems when using Assistant for iOS to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac, please feel free to send us an email or leave a comment to contact us. We will reply to you as soon as possible!