Is it Able to Move Photos from Camera Roll to Album on iPhone? Yes!
I moved photos to albums on iPhone from the "Camera Roll", but these photos still exist in the Camera Roll. If I delete them from the camera roll, the photos in the new albums will also be deleted. My question is: after moving photos from the camera roll to a new album, how do I delete the photos only from the camera roll without deleting them from the new album?
Taking pictures on the iPhone is very popular, thanks to the powerful features and pixels of the iPhone camera. There are a lot of photos stored in the device, but most of them have no rules to follow, which may cause users to take some time to find the specified pictures. Therefore, iPhone users started looking for a solution to move photos from the camera roll and save them to another photo album on the iPhone so that they can track the photos they need in a short time.
After moving photos to albums from the camera roll, you may be interested in "iPhone move photos to album delete from camera roll". How to move photos to albums on iPhone 12/11/Xs Max/X/8/8 Plus, and then delete them on your camera roll without deleting them everywhere? Sometimes, you have to use a third-party program to achieve this goal.
- Way 1: How to Move Photos from Camera Roll to Album Directly on iPhone (For a small number of photos)
- Way 2: How to Move Photos from Camera Roll to Album with iPhone Photos Manager (For a large number of photos)
Way 1: How to Move Photos from Camera Roll to Album Directly on iPhone
You can move photos to albums on iPhone directly without using any third-party tools. The whole operation process is simple and clear. However, this solution requires you to select the photos you want one by one manually, so it is more suitable for copying a few photos. And when you delete the original photos in the camera roll, the same photos in other albums will also be deleted. If you want to try it, you can follow the steps below to complete the photo movement.
How to move a photo to an album on iPhone manually:
- Find the "Photo" app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch screen and tap it.
- Under the "Photo" library, go to the "Album" section at the bottom and choose an existing album. Or you can create a new album by hitting "Edit" at the top right corner, clicking on the "+" icon on the following screen, typing the name for the new album, and clicking "Save" and "Done" to establish an album.
- Open the album and click the "Edit" icon on the top right corner. Then, you will get four choices. Just choose "Add" and click "Camera Roll" on the following screen to display all photos in it.
- Find out and tick the photos that you want to copy to the album, and then click "Done" on the top right corner to move them.
Manually save photos to album on iPhone isn't the best choice because:
- If you want to move a large number of photos, you have to tap for ages.
- After you move the photos to a new album, they still exist in the camera roll, which means they will take up double space on your device.
- If you delete the original photos in the Camera Roll, the same photos you have moved to another album will also be deleted.
Way 2: How to Move Photos from Camera Roll to Album with iPhone Photos Manager
As we have mentioned above, moving camera roll photos to an album on iPhone directly has some defects, which will take you time, especially when you want to move tons of pictures. Hence, can you move a photo to another album on iphone in a more convenient and easier way. Here, using iPhone Photos Manager is recommended. With it, you can move pictures to an album on iPhone in batches and delete the original files in camera roll without any scruple.
Main features of the iPhone Photos Manager:
- Simply move photos from camera roll to album on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Transfer, manage, export/import your photos, videos, music, contacts, SMS, apps, etc.
- Back up and restore iPhone data easily without any hassle.
- Transfer files between iOS devices and iTunes with ease.
- Fully compatible with iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, and a full range of iPod/iPad, etc.
The following is the detailed guide, showing you how to move photos out of camera roll and save them to another album on your iPhone on the Windows computer. If you are a Mac user, you should download the Mac version and take similar steps.
Step 1. Connect your iDevice to PC after running the program
Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch the program after you downloaded and installed it on the computer. Then, all data types will appear in the left side menu of the main interface. You need to tap on the "Photos" icon and click the "Photo Library".
Step 2. Create a new album on your iPhone
Suppose you are going to move the photos from the iPhone camera roll to a new album. You can right-click the "Photo Library" and select "New Album" to establish an album. Here you can change its name as you like.
Step 3. Move pictures to an album on iPhone from camera roll
Go to camera roll and select the pictures that you want to move. Then right-click the checked photos and select "Add to Album". Finally, just select the Album that you have created and add the photos there.
As you can see, the operations are pretty simple. Using this workaround, iPhone photos in album not camera roll, which means even if you delete the photos from your camera roll, they still exist in your newly created album. Therefore, you can delete photos from iPhone Camera Roll to free up space.
- Transfer Voice Memos from iPhone 12/11/XR/XS/8 to Mac
- How to Get Free Books on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
Words in the End
There are many advantages to using iPhone Photos Manager to move photos to albums on iPhone from camera roll. Of course, the most attractive point is that it allows you to do whatever you want with the original photos in camera roll after transferring them to the new album, even deleting them. Because this will not affect the existence of these photos in the new album at all, besides, you can also use this software to backup photos, videos, music, messages, contacts, notes, etc. on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to your computer. Everything will become straightforward.
Easy Way to Transfer Non-Camera-roll Photos from iPhone to PC/Mac
How to Hide Photos on iPhone 12/11/Xs/X/8/7/6s/6?
Transfer to New iPhone from Old iPhone/Android/PC [Definitive]
Want to Transfer CSV from PC to iPhone? Solutions Are Here!
[5 Ways] How to View/Get iPhone Text Messages on Computer