[Proven Tips] How to Transfer Music from iPhone/iPad to Flash Drive/USB?
The songs saved on the iPhone are always your favorites. But storing too many music files on the iOS device will take up the limited storage space on the device. And saving the files directly on the iPhone will face the danger of losing them at any time. Therefore, transferring music from iPhone to computer or a flash drive is a good way to reduce the storage pressure on your iPhone 12/11/X/8/7 and ensure the safety of your music files.
Regardless of the reason, as long as you want to transfer music from iPhone/iPad/iPod to flash drive, you can use the three quick solutions provided in this guide to let you complete the task easily. Please read on for more details.
How to transfer songs from iPhone to flash drive is what more and more iPhone and iPad users want to know. Why is this demand increasing?
- The storage space of iPhone or iPad is limited, and storing a large number of songs on the device will take up more space. You may need to transfer some songs to the flash drive to free up storage space on your device.
- Transfer music from ipod, iPad, iPhone to USB flash drive is a good way to back up music files. Because mobile devices will inevitably encounter various accidents which will lead to data loss. Once the backup is done, you will not lose any songs even if there is any problem with the iPhone.
- Once you transfer music from phone to flash drive, you can easily and conveniently share your songs with your family and friends, and you can even play music directly on any device equipped with a USB port.
So here comes our concern: is it possible to transfer music from iPhone to flash drive? The answer is YES! Now we introduce three different methods and tools to help you transfer music from iPad/iPod/iPhone to flash drive effortlessly.
Guess You Like:
- [5 Ways] How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Flash Drive Quickly?
- 6 Ways to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone Effectively
Apple has set restrictions on music transmission, so we need third-party software to achieve this. This is when MobiKin Assistant for iOS comes into play. This is a program that can transfer and manage iPhone music, as well as other more types of content on iOS devices without using iTunes. This is an easy way to transfer music from iPhone to flash drive and computer without iTunes.
Unique Features of MobiKin Assistant for iOS
- Simple and fast. With the user-intuitive design, you can finish the music transfer in only a few clicks.
- Transfer selected songs. It allows you transfer selective songs or export all songs with one click.
- Preview before transfer. It lets you preview the scanned out files and select the ones you want to transfer.
- Supports purchased & non-purchased songs. It can transfer songs downloaded or purchased from different sources.
- Various data types supported. Photos, Videos, Notes, Contacts, SMS, Books, Safari Bookmarks, Music, Voice Memos, Podcasts, Playlists, etc.
- All iOS devices supported. iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, various iPod touch, iPads, etc.
How to transfer songs from iPhone to flash drive/USB drive with Assistant for iOS:
Step 1. Connect iPhone to your computer
Install and launch Assistant for iOS on your computer. Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer via a USB cable. Also, don't forget to plug in your flash drive to the computer.
Step 2. Enter the music managing page
Choose the "Music" tab from the left sidebar to enter the music managing page. Here, all music files on your iPhone will be scanned out and displayed. You can preview them and mark whatever you want.
Step 3. Transfer music from iPhone to flash drive
After selecting all the songs you want, tap "Export" from the top menu, choose the connected flash drive as the output location, and then all the selected songs will be saved into the flash drive immediately.
The next method is to manually transfer music from iPhone, iPad or iPod to a USB flash drive. The required items have an Apple USB cable, an iOS device and a computer.
- Connect your iPhone or iPod to the computer with an Apple USB cable. The connected device will be displayed in the "My Computer" window.
- Connect the flash drive to this computer. Please make sure that this flash drive has enough space to store the music on your iPhone.
- In the Window Explorer under Tools, select "Tools" > "Folder Options" > "view". Then select "Display hidden files and folders" in the drop-down options.
- Go to the "My Computer" window and double-click to open the iPhone or iPod. Taking iPod as an example, you will find a folder named "iPod _ Control".
- Double-click the folder, you will see all the music files on the device. Copy all the music you want to transfer.
- Open the connected flash drive, create a new folder or select an existing folder, and then paste the selected music into this folder.
You May Also Like:
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac (7 Ways Offered)
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android? - Top 5 Ways
In addition to MobiKin Assistant for iOS, there are other software that can also help you transfer music from phone to USB drive. Here we recommend a software called iRip.
iRip is a cross-platform program that can transfer music, iBooks, podcasts, videos and TV shows on the iPhone to a USB drive. However, some users report that this software has slow transmission speed and many transmission errors. Now let us see how to use iRip to transfer music from iPhone to flash drive.
- First, you need to disable the iTunes auto-sync option. To do this, please open the latest version of iTunes and go to the option Edit> Preferences> Devices> Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and run iRip.
- On the welcome screen of iRip, select the "Manual Import" option, and then click "Change Location" under the "Destination: iTunes" option.
- Select the "Music" option in the left list of the new window, and then choose the songs you want to save to the flash drive in the right pane. Finally, click the "Import" button.
After completing the above steps, all the music on the iPhone you selected will be automatically saved to the flash drive.
Although all the above options are suitable for transferring music from iPhone to flash drive, you must carefully compare and determine which tool is best for you. As you can see, with the help of MobiKin Assistant for iOS, backing up and managing iPhone/iPad music is as easy as ABC. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we will get back to you as soon as possible.