[5 Ways] How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Flash Drive Quickly?
The camera tech of iPhone is comparable to that of DC to some extent. Many folks are used to taking pictures with their phones. Yet on the score of the limited memory, some of you are likely to transfer pics from mobiles to separate storage tools like U-disk to optimize storage on iPhone. OK, do you wonder how to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive. And can you transfer photos directly from iPhone to flash drive?
As iPhone doesn't come with interfaces for USB stick, there is no direct way to do so. If you just want to transfer photos in Camera Roll, you can do it directly with PC/Mac. However, assume you need to process the images as screenshots or from other albums quickly, how to do that? Well, we'll illustrate today's topic in detail now.
- Way 1: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive on Windows
- Way 2: How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Flash Drive on Mac
- Way 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive Via Assistant for iOS
- Way 4: How to Download Pictures from iPhone to Flash Drive with iCloud
- Way 5: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to USB Stick Using Email
Way 1: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive on Windows
As Windows is unable to get advanced permissions from Apple iPhone, only photos from Camera Roll can be moved to PC, and thereby transfer to USB flash drive over. Again, ensure that there's enough room in your flash drive before migrating stuff into it.
How to put photos on USB from iPhone on Windows PC:
- Link iPhone to Windows PC with a USB cable. Then tap Trust on your phone as prompted.
- Click This PC/My Computer > [your iPhone name] > DCIM > Internal Storage folder > open DCIM folder > 100APPLE. Then find the pics you want for transfer, and copy them to computer.
- Insert your USB flash drive to this computer, locate the photos you just moved to PC. Then drag and drop them to the folder of flash disk.
You May Also Like:
- 3 Ways to Transfer Photos from Android Phone to USB Flash Drive
- How to Transfer Large Videos from iPhone to PC? (5 Ways)
Way 2: How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Flash Drive on Mac
To do this task on your Mac computer, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on Mac. Also, you're only allowed to transfer Camera Roll photos from iPhone to the flash drive. Thus, for both Win and Mac users, you can jump right to Way 3, if you intend to copy data from various locations of your phone.
How do I move pictures from my iPhone to a flash drive (for Mac OS X Yosemite and later)?
1. Connect your iPhone to Mac computer via a USB cord. Photos app should open automatically. If not, just run it on your Mac manually.
2. Tap on Import from the screen of the tool > Select images you want to transfer, and click on Import Selected or Import All New Photos to move pictures from iPhone to Mac.
Note: For Mac OS X that is earlier than Yosemite, here you should open iPhotos instead. Then choose the needed images, and just choose Import Selected or Import All... to proceed. You can also click here for more directions about how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto/Photos App.
3. Plug in USB flash drive to this Mac, and choose your desired photos from Mac. Then copy and paste them to the location of your USB drive.
Way 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive Via Assistant for iOS
In general, photos from sources other than iPhone Camera Roll cannot be transferred to PC or Mac directly. At this point, some 3rd-party software can play to its strengths. As an outstanding Apple assistant, MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Win and Mac) is customized to transfer overall data from iPhone/iPad/iPod to PC/Mac computer. Plus, it is proficient in iDevice management, and is renowned for its 1-click iTunes backup & restore feature.
Major Features of MobiKin Assistant for iOS:
- 1-click to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive, PC/Mac, iTunes library, etc.
- Process 12+ data types like Photos, Music, Videos, eBooks, Contacts, Messages, Notes, Safari Bookmarks, Voice Memo, Podcast, Ringtone, etc.
- Not only can it be used to transfer photos from Camera Roll, items from other sources like Photo Library, Screenshots and other albums can also be dealt with.
- Back up and restore various files between iPhone/iPad/iPod and iTunes.
- Manage iDevice data on computer as per your needs.
- Simple interface, easy to use, and lossless transfer. It won't record any of your operations.
- Work on overall iDevices with even the latest iOS, including iPhone 12/11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod, iPad Pro/4/mini/Air, etc.
How to import photos from iPhone to USB flash drive via MobiKin Assistant for iOS:
Step 1. Install and launch MobiKin Assistant for iOS on computer after the installation. Connect iPhone to PC via a USB cable. Then press Trust on iPhone to trust this computer when prompted, and hit Continue to have this iPhone connected.
Step 2. After the connection, choose the Photos tab from the left menu of the interface to preview, and mark the pictures you want to transfer. Next, click "Export" from the top menu to save them on computer.
Step 3. Inset the USB flash drive to this computer, and send what you want to the U-disk from this PC.
For those who want to transfer photos from computer to iPhone/Android device, just click here for solutions. (B.T.W. The above instruction can also serve as a reference for Mac users.)
Way 4: How to Download Pictures from iPhone to Flash Drive with iCloud
Before you transfer photos from iPhone to USB with iCloud, be sure to connect your phone to a stable Wi-Fi network. And just be patient during the use, for you may need to sync images to the cloud storage for hours, if you have a deal of stuff to cope with.
How to save photos from iPhone 12/11/X/XR/XS Max to flash drive with iCloud:
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings app > input your Apple ID. Then select iCloud > Photos > toggle on both iCloud Photo Library and My Photo Stream to sync iPhone photos to your iCloud account.
2. Go to visit https://www.icloud.com/ from a web browser, and sign in to your iCloud. Then choose the Photos section to select wanted images, and tap Download to save them on your computer.
3. Follow the direction from step 3 of Way 3 to send photos from this computer to your USB stick.
Way 5: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to USB Stick Using Email
The last viable method is to use Email. You should have another email account to receive the incoming content from your iPhone in advance. Then send pictures via Email, download from the email account for receiving, and transfer images to flash drive then.
However, you can send no more than 5 pictures in one go. Also, it's a tedious task for most of us to get the task done.
How do you transfer photos from your phone to a flash drive via Email?
1. Launch Photos app on your iPhone, and choose the pictures to copy to another email. To choose more than one photo, just touch Select option.
2. After the selection, you should choose Share > Mail. And a new message window with images attached will appear. Now please enter an email address to receive those photos, and tap Send.
3. On your computer, check the photos after logging in the related email info. Download any of them to computer. Next, your desired photos will be saved in Downloads Folder of computer automatically. Finally, just insert flash drive to computer and move those pictures to this U-disk.
By now, I believe you've learned the ropes. Well, as you've seen, there's no way to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive without computer. Now just choose the most convenient way to transfer pictures from iPhone to computer and then to the flash disk on your own.
At last, a hint here, there's a certain life span in terms of the chip in USB flash drive. So it is not suitable for long-term preservation of photos. To make it last longer, you can put it in a storage box for shakeproof, dustproof and watertightness.
Best 5 Ways to Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone in Minutes
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Samsung? [9 Ways]
How to Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone 11/11 Pro Max/XS Max?
6 Ways to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone Effectively