Ultimate Guide on How to Recover Deleted Songs/Music from Android
Music can make a boring life full of energy, bringing us happiness and enthusiasm whether at work or leisure. So, for music lovers, nothing is more annoying than losing one or more of their favorite songs. If you find that there are a few songs missing from your playlist, or you suddenly find that the entire music library has disappeared on your Android device, this may be caused by many reasons, and accidental deletion is only one of them.
In this article, we will tell you the main reasons that lead to music loss on Android phones, and most importantly, we will explore the best ways to recover deleted music files from Android devices. We will provide different Android music recovery solutions for you according to whether you have backed up your lost data.
- Part 1. Reasons for the Music Loss on Android Devices
- Part 2. The Best Android Music Recovery Software: Doctor for Android [HOT!]
- Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Music Files on Android from Google Drive Backup
- Part 4. How to Restore Deleted Music Files from Personal Computer or Laptop
- Part 5. Tips to Avoid Music Loss or Deletion on Android Device Again
Part 1. Reasons for the Music Loss on Android Devices
The following are some of the reasons that may cause loss of music files on Android phones. If you find that the music on your phone is missing, it is likely that you have encountered one of the following situations.
- When you want to delete some MP3 files you don't need in the song library, you accidentally delete some important music files.
- Intentionally or accidentally formatted your phone. For example, when you connect an Android phone to a Windows computer and the Android phone pops up, you accidentally select the "Format" option instead of "Eject". Or when Windows suggested you format your Android phone storage device, you agreed. Once you click the format button, all music files, including other files, will be deleted.
- Your phone is infected with a virus and the music on your phone is damaged.
- Sometimes you need to reset the Android phone to factory settings to resolve Android errors or system hangs. But keep in mind that performing a factory reset will erase all data stored on your phone.
- There are also other reasons that can cause music loss, such as system crash, ROM flashing, forgot password, screen damage, battery replacement, equipment damage, etc.
After understanding the causes of Android music loss, let's move on to the point: How to recover deleted music files from Android device?
- Photo Recovery from Android Phone Internal Memory Easily & Safely?
- How to Access Phone with Broken Screen with PC Easily & Safely?
Part 2. The Best Android Music Recovery Software: Doctor for Android [HOT!]
As I mentioned at the beginning of the article, we have different solutions depending on whether you have backed up your Android phone. Well, if you don't have a backup, you must use a professional third-party Android music recovery software. At present, there are many such software on the market, but the most reliable one is MobiKin Doctor for Android (with its Mac version). It is by far the most reliable Android recovery software, which can recover multiple mobile phone file types including music. The main features make it the right choice for you include:
Why Choose MobiKin Doctor for Android?
- Deeply and quickly scan your Android phones and tablet to locate the files you need.
- It allows you to preview and selectively recover lost data from your Android device.
- Supports various file types, including music, photos, videos, call logs, contacts, SMS and many more.
- Compatible with 6000+ Android device models, various Android OS, including Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc.
- Easy to use and does not require professional computer knowledge.
- It guarantees 100% safe, clean and virus-free.
How to use Doctor for Android to Recover My Deleted Music Files on Android?
Download and install MobiKin Doctor for Android on your computer and follow the simple steps below to use this software to retrieve deleted music files from your Android phone/tablet.
Step 1. Connect your Android phone
Launch the installed Doctor for Android program and connect your Android device to your computer using USB cable. Once the connected Android phone is detected by the software, you can see the following screenshot of the program interface.
Here, please ensure you have enabled USB debugging on your Android device to make the program can get access to the device smoothly.
Step 2. Scan for the lost music files
Select the file types you would like to recover. In this case, we need to select the "Music" category and click the "Next" button. This program will begin to scan your Android device, find all the lost music files and display them on the next window.
Step 3. Start to recover deleted music files on Android
Select the music files you had lost and want to recover and then click "Recover" button to save them to your computer. We kindly suggest you save the recovered songs on your computer, instead of the phone, for safety consideration.
If the deleted music was saved in the SD card in your Android phone, you can follow the steps below to recover deleted music from SD card on Android.
Step 1. Insert the Android SD card to computer
Launch Doctor for Android and choose "SD Card Recovery" mode on the top menu. Connect your SD card to the computer using an SD card reader. After that, Click "Next" to continue.
Step 2. Scan files on SD card.
The program should detect the SD card. Select it and click "Next" to let the program scan the SD card.
Step 3. How to recover deleted songs from Android SD card
When the scanning is finished, you can preview and select the music files you would like to recover and then click on "Recover" button to have all your missing music files back.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Music Files on Android from Google Drive Backup
We all know that each Android user uses their own Google account. If you enable the automatic sync option, the data on your phone will be automatically backed up to your Google Drive (see how to back up your Android phone to Google account), and then you can restore data from the Google Drive backup to get back your lost music.
Follow these steps to undelete music files on Android from Google Drive backup.
- First of all, you should make sure your Android phone is connected to a stable WiFi network.
- Launch Google Drive app on your Android phone and search to find the music file that you want to recover in the storage.
- Select the music files you want. You can click and hold the music files to select multiple files at once.
- After you have selected all the music files you need, you can go to the right side of the screen to click the menu button (the three vertical dot icon), and then select the "Make Available Offline" option or "Download" option to save the recovered music files to your Android device.
- 3 Ways to Recover Deleted Contacts on Samsung Phones
- Top 4 Ways to Retrieve Deleted Phone Calls on Samsung Galaxy
Part 4. How to Restore Deleted Music Files from Personal Computer or Laptop
This should be the most convenient and quick way to recover your lost Android music files. But the premise is that you have the habit of backing up files on your Android device, including audio files, to your computer or laptop. Follow the steps below to see how to get deleted music back on Android by restoring from the backup files on your computer or laptop.
- First, connect your Android phone to your computer or laptop where you have backed up your Android music, with the help of a USB cable.
- Go to the File option to access to the storage of your Android device.
- Choose the songs that you have lost from your Android phone.
- Copy and paste these music files to your Android device storage menu.
Part 5. Tips to Avoid Music Loss or Deletion on Android Device Again
Finding music disappeared from android phone is a very crashing thing, especially if you are a music lover. You may or may not know why music disappears from your device, but there are ways to prevent the loss of any data type, not just music. The following tips can protect all your Android phone files from being lost.
- First of all, the same old saying: develop a good habit of regularly backing up mobile phone data. This is the best way to prevent data loss. You can backup Android music to computer, which is actually not troublesome.
- The mobile phone software and Android system are constantly updated. Before you perform any software update or rooting process, remember to back up all data on the device just in case.
- The investigation revealed that many cases of accidental deletion of mobile phone data were caused by children in the capital. Therefore, try to avoid having children play with your device.
- While backup is important, it has never been a completely reliable method. Once you have lost music files that have not been backed up, you still have to resort to Doctor for Android, this powerful Android data recovery, to solve the problem of deleted music recovery without backup.
Ultimate Solution to Recover Deleted Contacts from Android
How to Transfer, Copy Text Messages from Samsung Galaxy to PC/Mac
How to Recover Lost Contacts from Samsung Galaxy
How to Recover Data from Water Damaged Android Phone or Tablet?
How to Access Phone with Broken Screen with PC Easily & Safely?