Tips to Fix Common Facebook Issues on Android
With the increase of Facebook users, more and more Facebook problems are explored. And according to the feedbacks, there are several issues often occur during the Facebook usage, which really make people upset. So to help you get rid of these problems, some simple but useful tips to fix common Facebook issues on Android are provided here. Just read on to get them.
A latest version of Facebook not only can bring you some new features but also able to fix some bugs of the old version. So it is advisable to download and install the most recent Facebook version on your Android phone. However, some users often complain that they cannot install the new version smoothly. To solve this problem, you can try the following troubleshooting tips:
1. Check the free storage space of your device. You can click on the option Settings on the Home screen and open the Storage & USB settings to see how much storage space available on your device. If the Android phone has less than 100MB available, you need to uninstall some useless applications to clear up the space to install the Facebook App or move the application to your SD card. That's because the Facebook installation requires a certain storage space.
2. Stop the installation and then restart the download. The installation might be interrupted due to the bad network connection or other reasons. So in this case, you can cancel the installation at first and then restart the download to have a try.
3. Log out of Facebook. The Facebook account would affect the installation as well. Thus, you can attempt to log out of your Facebook account and then login to it again and retry the download.
4. Reinstall the Facebook App. Another method is to uninstall the application by tapping on the options Settings> Apps/Application Management> Facebook> Uninstall. After that, you can reboot your Android phone and install the Facebook App from Google Play Store again.
The second issue is similar to the first one. This issue is related to the installation failure as well but this time what users want to download is the beta version. And if you are having trouble downloading the latest beta version of Facebook for Android, you can try the means below:
1. Enable the automatic updates to get the latest beta version of Facebook for Android as soon as it is available.
2. Remove the Facebook application from your Android device and then restart your phone and reinstall the application to get the latest updates.
3. Read Google's tips for troubleshooting download issues.
4. Ensure that you are signed up as a beta tester. If not, just log out of your account and then re-login with the right account.
When the device has no enough storage space, some users would like to move or install the Facebook application to the SD card on their Android device. But this operation is not always feasible. Only the users whose Android devices that are running the Gingerbread operating system can move the Facebook App to SD card. And if your Facebook application came pre-installed on your phone, you won't be able to move it to your phone's SD card also.
You can also read:
In order to let you keep in touch with your friends in time, Facebook would show updates in the notification bar when you are not in the App. But if you do not want to receive the information, you can also adjust the notification pushing feature to restrict the notification types. The detailed steps are:
Step 1. Tap on the square icon at the upper-right corner.
Step 2. On this page, you need to find out and click the options Account Settings> Notifications> Mobile.
Step 3. After that, you can turn on or off the things you want or do not want to be notified about.
Notice: You are not allowed to completely close the notification and can only adjust the notification types.