Full Guide: How to Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card on Android Phone?
People often use the SD card to expand the storage space when the memory of the mobile phone is not enough to store new photos, videos and information. The difference between Android phones and iPhones is that some Android devices support the use of external memory cards, such as Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S9/S8/S7 and Honor Note. However, the inevitable problem is that the SD card is easily formatted and damaged by viruses, and important files stored on the SD card, such as photos, are also damaged or lost. So, how to recover deleted photos from SD card on Android phone?
What Causes Photos on SD Card to be Lost?
If you suddenly cannot find your photos in the SD card of your Android phone, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- While cleaning the album, important photos were deleted by mistake.
- The SD card was accidentally formatted.
- The SD card is damaged or inaccessible.
- The SD card was attacked by viruses, and the photos were damaged and lost.
- You downloaded an unsafe application or removed the SD card by mistake.
Can I Get Them Back?
of course can! In the following content, you will know how to recover deleted pictures from SD card on phone. But before that, we need to pay attention to the following points. Again, this is very important!
- When you find that photos or videos are lost on the SD card, please stop using the SD card immediately, because once new data is added to the SD card, they will overwrite the lost data, and you will also lose the recovery accidentally deleted Or the chance of lost photos and videos.
- Do not format your SD card easily unless you are forced to do so.
- Use a safe and reliable SD data recovery software to recover lost files from SD card as soon as possible.
- Android Phone SD Card Unexpectedly Removed, How to Fix It?
- Why Files Get Deleted/Corrupted After Moving to SD Card?
Here is a reliable tool to get you out of trouble. It is MobiKin Doctor for Android (Windows and Mac version), a software with a very high success rate and very simple to use. It can recover deleted or lost photos from SD card on Android with one click. In addition to photos, other file types, such as videos, audio, and documents on the SD card, as well as contacts, text messages, call logs, etc. in the Android phone's internal memory, can all be recovered without loss.
Core Features of MobiKin Doctor for Android
- Recover any kind of data, including photos, videos, music, contacts, SMS, documents, call logs, etc. from not only SD card but also internal memory of Android devices.
- The software permits you to preview data before data recovery.
- Photos recovery from Android SD card can be as easy as 1-2-3 simple steps.
- Do well in recovering files from Micro SD Card (TF), SDXC, SDHC, XD card, Evo (Plus) micro SD card and even Pro micro SD card, and so forth.
- You do not need to worry about your Android device's brand because this software is fully compatible with 6000+ Android devices of any brand like Samsung, HTC, Huawei, LG, Sony, Motorola, Lenovo, Xiaomi, OPPO, etc.
If you are interested in this program, you can download the trial version of the Android data recovery tool firstly. Then, follow the steps as follows:
How to recover deleted pictures from SD card on Android via Android Data Recovery mode from Doctor for Android:
Step 1: Connect Android phone to computer directly via USB cable
If the SD card is on your Android phone and you haven't added new data into it since photos were deleted, then, you can connect the Android phone to computer directly with a USB cable. Launch MobiKin Doctor for Android, choose "Android Recovery" from the toolbox and it will detect the Android phone in a moment.
If the program can't detect your Android phone, you may need to check whether you have enabled USB debugging mode.
Step 2: Choose the file types
Check the file types you want to recover. To recover deleted photos from SD card in Android, you should choose "Photos" category and click "Next" button to let the software scan your device.
Step 3: Recover deleted photos from Android SD card
After scanning successfully, you can preview and tick those deleted pictures in the right window. Then, go to the bottom right of the screen to click on the "Recover" button to retrieve deleted pictures from SD card on your Android phone.
By following the steps above, you can also recover other data from your Android internal memory. Why not have a try? This software is a great savior for users who do not have backup habits.
If your SD card is not in the phone, you can use a card reader to connect the SD card to your computer, and then use MobiKin Doctor for Android's SD Card Recovery mode to recover deleted or lost photos.
Step 1. Connect SD card to computer via SD card reader
Take out the SD card from your Android phone, insert it to an SD card reader and connect it to your computer. Launch Doctor for Android software on the computer and select "Android SD Card Recovery" mode from the top of the window.
Step 2. Scan lost data from the SD card
The program will detect your SD card and show it on the window like follow. Now select the card, and tap on "Next" to scan for the lost multimedia files on it.
Step 3. Recover deleted pictures from Android sd card
Select the "Photo" tab from the left-side column and tick on the images you want to retrieve from the right-side window. Finally, press the "Recover" button at the lower right corner of the window to recover deleted pictures from SD card on Android.
The most effective way to avoid losing precious photos from the SD card on Android is to back up your Android SD card data to other safe places, such as computers and cloud storage space. In this case, once important photos are accidentally deleted, you can easily retrieve them from these backups.
Next, we will teach you how to back up photos from Android SD card or Android phone internal memory to computer and cloud storage space.
1. How to back up Android SD card photos to computer
MobiKin Backup Manager for Android is a powerful Android backup and restore utility that provides users with the simplest and fastest way to back up your data from Android SD card and Android internal memory. With it, you don't need to find any other tool to back up data on your Android device and you can enjoy a pleasant way to back up Android photos, videos, music, contact, text messages, call logs, documents, apps and more from Android to PC with one click.
Steps: Install and launch the Android backup and restore tool > Connect your Android phone to computer > The Android device is detected > Choose "Backup" option from the program window > Select the "Photos" category > Click "Back Up" button to kick off the backup process.
2. How to back up Android SD card pictures to cloud storage
Cloud storage services are also a popular way to back up Android phone data. There are many popular cloud storage services on the market, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, AirDrop, OneDrive, etc. Today, we will use Google Drive as an example to show you how to back up photos from your Android device's SD card to the cloud.
Steps: Sign into the Google Drive on your Android phone > Tap on the "+" icon > Choose "Upload" button > Select "Images"/"Gallery" folder > Select the photos you want > Tap on "Done" to back up Android photos to cloud.
Data loss will always be the unspeakable pain in people's hearts and data recovery is a persistent topic. There are many reasons for data loss, but data recovery requires only one tool. Want to know how to recover deleted photos from memory card in Android phone? MobiKin Doctor for Android is your ideal choice. It is a very effective data recovery tool that I have been using and has helped me retrieve my lost photos, videos and other data. Whether you insert the Android phone directly into the computer, or insert the SD card into the PC through the card reader, the software can successfully retrieve and restore your photos.
Of course, if you have a better solution, please share with us in the comment area below.