How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to SD Card with or without Computer?
"Is there any way to transfer photos from my iPhone to an SD card without using a computer? Thanks."
- Question from an iPhone user
In some specific cases, you need to transfer iPhone photos to SD card, USB, memory card or disk for backup or to free up iPhone storage space. Nowadays, people store important photos and files on their mobile phones, and importing these important data to SD card is a wise move to protect data from being lost. Next, we'll show you how to transfer pictures from iPhone to SD card with or without a computer. You can choose the appropriate method according to your own situation.
First of all, if you don't want to resort to any third-party tool to transfer iPhone photos to SD card, then you can use Windows File Explorer to do it. However, we know that photos may be stored in different folders, and File Explorer requires you to manually locate the photos and copy them to a folder on the SD card. Doing so can be a hassle if you need to transfer a lot of photos. Then it's better to skip to the other methods in this article.
How to download photos from iPhone to SD card using a computer:
- Insert the SD card into the SD card reader and connect to your computer.
- Unlock your iPhone and connect it to your computer. Then click "Trust" this computer.
- Go to This PC > [your iPhone's name] > Internal Storage > DCIM. Open the photo folders and select the photos you want to move.
- Finally, copy these photos and paste them to your SD card.
- Can't Delete Photos from iPhone/iPad? Here are Solutions!
- How to Retrieve Deleted Photos on iPad with/without Backup - 4 Easy Ways
If you are using a Mac and your SD card model matches the SD card slot on your Mac, you can insert the SD card directly into your Mac without the need for an additional SD card reader.
Here are the steps on how to copy photos from iPhone to SD card on Mac:
- Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and unlock your iPhone to trust this computer.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac and you'll see all the photos on your iPhone.
- Select the photos you want to transfer and import them into Library Photos.
- Go to Library Photos and copy or drag them directly to the SD card folder.
With iPhone transfer software - MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Win and Mac), you can not only transfer photos from iPhone to SD card or transfer from SD card to iPhone, but you can also preview all photos directly before transfer, then easily choose what you want from camera roll, photo stream and photo library. In addition, you can also transfer videos, music, contacts, messages and other types of content back and forth between your iOS device and computer.
Why choose MobiKin Assistant for iOS:
- Transfer photos from iPhone to SD card/Micro sd card without quality loss.
- Transfer and manage your iPhone music, photos, video, eBook, contacts, text messages, notes, Voice Memo, etc. on computer.
- Back up your iOS data to computer or iTunes, and restore them easily.
- Ad-free, clean interface, easy to handle, etc.
- Fully compatible with all iDevices, including iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro(Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/12 Pro(Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus,, as well as all generations of iPad and iPod touch.
How to download photos from iPhone to SD card via Assistant for iOS?
Step 1. Insert your SD card into your computer at first. Then, launch Assistant for iOS and connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable. Wait until it is detected by the Assistant for iOS program.
Step 2. Choose "Photos" from the left panel and the program will display all photos on your iPhone. Here, you can also select other data types to transfer together.
Step 3. After selecting the photos you want, click "Export" from the top menu and set your SD card as the output path. After that, the selected photos will be exported to the SD card successfully.
- 7 Solutions if You Can't Import Photos from iPad/iPhone to PC
- [Easy Guide] How to Transfer Files from Mac/MacBook/iMac to iPad?
Wondering how to copy photos from iphone to sd card without a computer? You can use a lighting SD card reader to help. The specific operation steps are as follows.
- Insert your SD card into the SD card reader before connecting it with the iPhone.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone. Tap "Select" at the top, and then choose the photos you want to transfer.
- Once the photos are selected, tap the "Share" icon, then select "Save to File" and use the SD card as the destination.
- Select "Save".
Whether you have a computer or not, or you want to transfer photos from iPhone to SD card without adapter, you can easily get your desired answer in this article. We have provided a total of four methods on how to get photos from iPhone to SD card. But we really think method 3 is the best. Because methods 1 and 2 are time-consuming, method 4 is costly and risky. Of course, the final decision is yours. Please do the method that best suits your needs and backup iPhone data to SD card now.