5 Proven Ways to Recover Deleted Screen Recording Video on Android
A modern Android phone is shipped with a fabulous camera enabling you to shoot videos in high definition. And sometimes, you may need to capture video clips of what's happening on the screen to make a course recording, problem presentation, method demonstration, etc.
Well, if videos are unavailable or even lost due to firmware errors or user misoperations, you might wonder how to recover deleted screen recording video on Android effectively. OK, we're going to solve this problem in several compelling ways.
- Part 1: Is It Possible to Recover Deleted Screen Recording Video on Android?
- Part 2: Recover Deleted Videos from Screen Recorder on Android via Recently Deleted Folder
- Part 3: Recover Deleted Videos from Android Screen Recorder App's Folder or Local Backup
- Part 4: Recover Screen Recorded Videos on Android via Google Drive Backup
- Part 5: Recover Recorded Video on Android from Google Photos Backup
- Part 6: Recover Deleted Screen Recording Video on Android without Backup
- In Conclusion - Tips to Secure Recording Videos on Android
Yes, it's possible. An Android phone stores data on its internal memory or SD card. (How to recover deleted video from an SD card?) When you delete a screen recording video, it just goes somewhere in the storage unit marked as useless. The data is temporarily accessible until it is overwritten.
Therefore, if you didn't keep a backup of your phone, please don't perform any action on it after the deletion. Then use an efficient method to get it back to ensure a high success rate of recovery. For instance, pick a professional program to recover recorded video on Android with the least possible delay.
Click to See:
- How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Videos from Android & iPhone?
- Best 8 AVI Video Editors to Edit AVI Files on Windows/Mac 
The Recently Deleted folder saves all your deleted clips for 30 days. So, go to the "Gallery" app on Android, and chances are that you'll locate and recover your wanted deleted screen recording videos there.
How to recover deleted screen recording videos on Android from the recently deleted folder?
- Run the "Gallery" app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the "Albums"/"COLLECTIONS".
- Locate and press the "Recently deleted" option.
- You will now find all the recently deleted videos and images.
- Select all your desired videos to recover.
- Tap "Restore"/"Recover" to regain your chosen items. (How to recover photos/videos from an iPhone's recently deleted folder?)
The easiest way is to back up your Android screen recording locally and restore them when deleted. Further, some phone manufacturers like Samsung and Xiaomi even offers cloud option like Samsung Cloud or Mi Cloud. So, if a local back is available before video loss for whatever reason, check the backup to find and restore your wanted items. Plus, Android users can also run the File Manager app and locate the Screen Recording app's folder there. It is possible that they'll find lost videos in that folder.
With 15GB of free storage on Google Drive, you can keep a large number of recording videos on the cloud. Thus, try to recover data from Google Drive backup without a computer if there's a copy of your wanted stuff there.
Know how to recover recorded videos on Android from Google Drive backup:
- Run the Google Drive app or visit drive.google.com from any web browser.
- Log in to the Google account you used for video backup.
- Tap on the "My Drive" option.
- Preview all the backup videos.
- Select the desired recorded clips and hit "Download".
- How to Recover Data from Android Phone with Broken Screen?
- How to Send Large Videos on Android: The Complete Guide
By the same token, you have to sync Android recording videos with Google Photos before undeleting them accordingly. Please note that this service only keeps all the deleted screen-recorded videos in its trash for 60 days after deletion.
How to recover deleted videos from the screen recorder app using Google Photos backup?
- Start Google Photos on your Android phone.
- Click the "Menu" option at the top left.
- Go for the "Trash" option.
- Choose the videos you want to regain.
- Tap on the "Restore" option. (Google Photos doesn't work? Try the best Google Photos alternatives)
After you record content or actions on the phone screen, you may also need to share, edit, or save them. Any misoperation may lead to video errors or loss. This necessitates a third-party recovery utility if you don't have a backup or can't do it any other way. Here, MobiKin Doctor for Android (Win and Mac) fits the occasion almost perfectly.
A brief introduction to Doctor for Android:
- Recover deleted screen recording video on Android internal memory or SD card.
- Support restoring various videos, photos, contacts, call logs, text messages, audio, music, and documents.
- Scan out the lost files with the "Quick Scan" and "Deep Scan" options.
- Let you preview missing and existing files on a computer before recovery.
- Work well with 8000+ Android phones/tablets, including Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, Motorola, Google, HTC, ZTE, OPPO, etc.
- It values your privacy.
How to recover deleted videos from screen recorder using Doctor for Android?
Step 1. Link your Android phone to a computer
Have the software installed and run it on your computer. Connect your Android phone to this computer via a USB cable. Next, you may need to enable USB debugging on your Android phone to let the tool identify the device.
Step 2. Scan out various Android videos
After the recognition, tick on "Videos" and click "Next". Then choose a scanning mode to trigger the data scan. As you know, screen recordings are saved to your phone's media storage or its default Camera Roll. So, if you didn't transfer Android files to an SD card, follow the on-screen instruction to root your phone for a thorough scan.
Step 3. Recover deleted screen recording videos with one click
Once done, you can view and choose the recording videos you desire from the program interface. Finally, tap on "Recover" and save all your selected files on this computer.
We just guided you through several tips to recover deleted screen recording videos on Android. Next, we'll discuss some ways to keep videos intact on your phone while minimizing the damage if you lose them accidentally:
- Run a backup of Android screen-recorded videos regularly.
- Use a quality screen protector to avoid serious hardware damage.
- When a video has been wrongly deleted, stop using the device instantly.
- Pick a powerful Android data recovery software like MobiKin Doctor for Android to get lost videos back in the absence of a backup.