Can You Recover Deleted Text Messages on Google Pixel? Methods Are All Here!
Whether you are using an Android or iOS phone, some accidents inevitably occur, such as accidentally losing or deleting precious text messages. Maybe you are trying to take some urgent measures to undelete these text messages. In fact, we have different and safe methods to recover deleted text messages from Google Pixel. However, if you don't have enough experience, instead of recovering lost text messages, you can put your phone at risk of damage.
If you have ever backed up your Google Pixel, you can easily restore lost text messages from the backup; but if you have not done a backup, is it possible to restore deleted SMS from Google Pixel without backup? Don't worry, in this article, we will tell you how to restore deleted texts from Google Pixel with and without backup.
Important! Before you start trying to recover text messages from Google Pixel, it is important to note that the first time you notice a lost text message, immediately stop using your phone to protect those lost text messages from being overwritten by new data.
Stop using your Google Pixel phone once you find that the text message is lost, and turn to a professional SMS recovery software program immediately. MobiKin Doctor for Android is the right-hand tool for you to recover not only text messages, but also restore photos, videos, contacts, call logs, etc. from overall Android devices.
MobiKin Doctor for Android Key Features:
- An all-on-one data recovery tool for Android smartphones and tablets.
- Recover deleted and lost text messages, videos, music, contacts, text messages, call logs, documents, etc. from Google Pixel.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android devices.
- It retrieve lost data from both Android phone's internal memory and external SD card.
- Supports 6000+ Android device models, not only Google Pixel 4/3A/3 XL/2, but also other Android phones like Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc.
- It guarantees 100% safe, clean and virus-free.
Following is the step by step guide on how to use the SMS recovery software - MobiKin Doctor for Android to recover deleted text messages on Google Pixel.
Step 1. Connect Google Pixel phone to computer
Firstly, download, install and launch Doctor for Android on your computer. Connect your Google Pixel phone to the computer using a USB cable and wait until it is detected by the software. Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone.
Step 2. Select the messages you want to recover
Next, you need to select the file types from category. For this topic, you should tick off "Messages" file types and make other file types unchecked. Then, click "Next" button in the lower-right bottom to let the software scan your device.
Step 3. Preview and retrieve SMS from Google Pixel
Once the scanning is completed, all text messages will be displayed in the list. Please preview and select the messages you want to recover and click "Recover" button to save them on your computer.
People Also Read:
- Essential Tutorial about Google Pixel Backup and Restore (Ins and Outs)
- Android Picture Recovery - Recover Deleted Photos on Android
Actually, almost all data on your Google Pixel phone, such as contacts, SMS, photos, videos, apps and settings, can be backed up to your Google account. In that case, if you encounter with data loss issue, you can restore the lost data from your backed-up information to your Google Pixel phone again. Just make sure your phone has been connected to a stable WiFi or mobile network, then, you can follow the steps in the below to restore deleted texts on Google Pixel from Google backup.
How do I retrieve deleted messages on Google pixel from Google backup?
- Unlock your Google Pixel phone, go to "Settings" and choose "Reset" to reset the phone.
- Follow the on-screen steps until you see the "Copy apps & data" option. Just tap on "Next" > "Can't use old phone" > click "OK" under "Copy another way" > tap on "backup from Cloud". Then, sign in with your Google account that you used to back up your phone data.
- The backup file will be displayed and you can now choose a backup and select the data types you want to restore.
- Finally, you can click on the "Restore" option to restore lost Google Pixel data from Google backup.
People Also Read:
- How to Copy Content from iPhone to Google Pixel
- How to Print out Text Messages from Android Phone? (Best 4 Ways)
Is it possible to retrieve deleted text messages from Google Pixel without backup, nor without downloading third-party software? Sure! There are a lot of high-quality free SMS recovery apps you can get from Google Play Store to accomplish the SMS recovery task for your Google Pixel, such as SMS Backup and Restore, SMS Backup+, Go Backup & Restore Pro, etc.
Assuming that you have backed up your text messages from Google Pixel to SMS Backup and Restore app, then you can follow us to see how to retrieve deleted messages on Google Pixel with SMS Backup and Restore:
- First, launch SMS Backup and Restore app on your Google Pixel.
- From the menu of the app, you should choose "Restore" option and the last backup records will be displayed.
- Now, you can choose Messages option from the backup and tap on "Restore" to restore text messages from the backup to your phone.
It's convenient to restore accidentally lost or deleted text messages from Google Backup, because you don't need to install any third-party software or app. However, it only works on Android 8.0 or higher, and you can only use this restore method if you have backed up to your Google account before losing the data. If you don't back up in advance, the best option for recovering text messages from Google Pixel is to use MobiKin Doctor for Android, which allows you to preview the lost files and restore all the files you want to recover in one click. In addition to Google Pixel, it supports almost all Android phones and tablets.
Finally, as an old saying, in order to avoid losing any data in the future, it is best to regularly back up your phone!