3 Ways to Recover Deleted Contacts on Samsung Phones
Have you ever had the experience of deleting what you thought you didn't need on your phone, and found it important later? Or sometimes delete some junk files in batches, but delete the useful content by mistake? In addition to these, the reasons why you lost contacts on Samsung phone and have to seek for Samsung contacts recovery solutions include:
- Your Samsung phone is lost or stolen.
- Your Android operating system is corrupt.
- Your Samsung device has been infected with a virus or malware.
- Inadvertently deleted contacts, or intentionally deleted contacts, and later realized that you need them.
Thankfully, even if your contacts have been deleted or lost from your Samsung phone or tablet, it is still possible to recover deleted contacts from Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e/S9 (Edge)/S8/S7/S6, Note 8/7/6/5, etc. Blow are great options that will help you.
- Part 1. Check whether Contacts on Your Samsung Phone Have Been Deleted Really
- Part 2. Is It Possible to Recover Deleted Contacts on Samsung Phone?
- Part 3. How to Retrieve Deleted Numbers from Samsung Phone via Google Contacts
- Part 4. How to Retrieve Deleted Contacts on Samsung via Samsung Account
- Part 5. How to Recover Deleted Contacts from Samsung Galaxy by Doctor for Android (Without Backup)
When you find that some contacts are suddenly missing from your Samsung Galaxy phone, they may not actually disappear. Just because of some system errors, you just can't see them for a while. So, you can check if the contacts on your Samsung phone really disappear by following the steps below:
Step 1: Launch the Contacts app on your Samsung phone.
Step 2: Choose "Settings" > "Contacts" > "Contacts to display".
Step 3: Make sure "All contacts" is selected.
If you have chosen "All contacts" but still can't find the contact you are looking for, then you need to continue reading the following content to learn how to recover deleted contacts from Samsung Galaxy Core, Galaxy S, Galaxy A , etc.
In fact, when you delete a certain data on your mobile phone, whether it is stored in external memory or internal memory, it will not disappear immediately, but it will still be somewhere, you just can't see or access it unless you use a specific tool.
In addition, if data loss occurs, you must immediately stop using your mobile phone to take photos or send messages. Because the deleted data will be overwritten by these new files, and once overwritten, the chances of you want to recover deleted files are very slim. Therefore, if you want to recover deleted/lost contacts from Samsung phone, you must restore the deleted contacts from your Samsung phone before overwriting the data.
You can choose different recovery methods of Samsung contacts recovery according to different situations:
- If you've backed up your contacts to Google, you can restore your backed up contacts to your Samsung phone by re-adding your Google account, referring to the method mentioned in part 3.
- If you have backed up your contacts to a Samsung account, you can log in to your Samsung account to restore the backed up contacts to your phone by referring to the method mentioned in part 4.
- If you haven't had any backups, don't be discouraged. You can try the tools mentioned in part 5 to restore contacts directly from Samsung phones.
Check If You Need:
- How to Recover Data from Android Phone with Broken Screen?
- 3 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Files from Android in 2019
This method is for backup users. As long as you have connected your Google account to your Samsung phone and backup contacts to Gmail, you can recover lost contacts on Samsung Galaxy phone from Google Contacts service.
Step 1. Visit Google Contacts
Visit the site of Google Contacts and login to your Google account. Then, go to click the option of "More" and choose "Restore contacts..." from the drop-down list.
Step 2. Choose a restoration period
You will be provided 4 different restoration periods for selection. Just select a time to restore the contacts, or you can choose "Custom" to customize a period up to 30 days.
Step 3. Restore contacts from Gmail
After selecting the restoration period, you can click "Restore" button on the pop-up window to begin the process of Samsung contacts recovery. All the lost contacts will be back to your phone immediately.
This method is only for backup Samsung users. Once you have set up Samsung account on your Samsung phone, here is a chance for you to get back lost contacts from backup on Samsung account. Tests have shown that this method works for Samsung Galaxy S7/S8/Note 8 with Android 6.0 or later.
Step 1: Open Samsung account on your phone
On your Samsung device, go to "Settings" > "Personalization" > "Account", then, select the "Samsung account" from the list.
Step 2: Choose contacts to restore
Click the "Restore" option and all the data types you can restore will be listed here. Just choose "Contacts" and then click on the "RESTORE NOW" in the below to start the Samsung contacts recovery.
Check If You Need:
- How to Recover Deleted Call Logs on Android Phone? - 2 Easiest Ways in 2019
- Made It! Recover Contacts from Broken Screen Android Phone
What if you haven't made a backup for the deleted Samsung contacts? Is it possible to recover deleted contacts from Samsung without backup on Google account or Samsung account? I'm glad to tell you that the answer is yes. All what you need is a professional Samsung contacts recovery tool. Here we'd like to introduce the MobiKin Doctor for Android, which is able to recover deleted contacts, SMS, call logs, photos, videos, audio, etc. from Samsung and other Android phones/tablet.
Key Features of Doctor for Android:
- Directly recover deleted or lost contacts from Samsung and other more Android devices.
- Recover data from both external SD card and internal memory card in Android.
- Recover all types of data, including contacts, text messages, call history, photos, videos, music, etc.
- Retrieve lost data without any data quality loss.
- Compatible with almost all Samsung models and Android devices, including the latest Samsung Galaxy S10/9/8, Note 9/8/7, Huawei P Smart/P30/P20/P10/P9, Mate X/30/20/10/9, etc.
Free download the trial version of the Doctor for Android program and follow the steps below to see how to recover deleted contacts from Samsung Galaxy S3 mini/S4/S5/S6/S7/S8/S9/S10 by using this tool.
Step 1: Download and install MobiKin Doctor for Android
Download and install the Windows or Mac version of Doctor for Android according to your computer system. When the installation is done, you can launch the program and connect your Samsung phone to the same computer via USB. The connected phone will be detected by the program soon.
To perform the contacts recovery on Samsung phone, you should make sure you have rooted your phone and enabled USB debugging. Only if that, the program can detect the phone and show it on its interface.
Step 2: Scan and analyze lost data on Samsung phone
Choose the "Contacts" option if you only need to get back contacts on your Samsung phone. Then, click "Next" and the program will start to scan your Samsung phone to find out all lost contacts.
Step 3: Recover deleted contacts from Samsung Galaxy
Once all the lost contacts have been scanned out, you can preview the data and mark the contacts you want back. Finally, give a click on the "Recover" button to save these recovered contacts on your computer.
Video Guide: Recover Samsung contacts with Doctor for Android
In this article, we discussed three ways to restore Samsung contacts. Of course, the best way to prevent data loss is to backup Samsung contacts from time to time. You should stop using your phone once data loss happens, and then refer to the three methods in this article to recover Samsung phone contacts. If you have already backed up your contacts, you can restore your contacts to your phone using the Google Contacts or Samsung account you used to back up your contacts. Of course, if you are unfortunately not having a backup, you can use MobiKin Doctor for Android to restore contacts directly from your phone.