4 Efficient Ways to Transfer Contacts from Samsung Phone to Computer
Summary: Don't know how to transfer contacts from Samsung to PC? This page covers several efficient ways of transferring contacts from Samsung phone to computer.
Smart phones facilitate our social interactions and shorten our distance. It brings great convenience to our life and work. And we also keep a lot of vital information in the phone. That long list of contacts is an important bridge for us to maintain with friends, family and work partners. In order to avoid accidentally deleting or losing some contacts due to unexpected accidents, you can consider transferring contacts from Samsung to PC for backup.
If the problem of how to transfer contacts from Samsung phone to computer is bothering you, then you have come to the right place. Here we will list four different ways to create Samsung contacts backup on PC.
- Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to PC with One Click (Recommended)
- Part 2. How to Export Contacts from Samsung Galaxy to Computer via Gmail
- Part 3. How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung Phone to Computer Using Kies
- Part 4. How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung Phone to PC via Android App
If you wish to backup Samsung Galaxy contacts to PC or Mac, do you have any good idea to achieve that? In order to save you from endless attempts to hit the wall, we sincerely recommend MobiKin Assistant for Android to solve the Samsung contact backup problem for you. It allows you to preview all the content from your Android phone on your computer, and then selectively back up the data you want to back up.
What we will get from Assistant for Android:
- It lets you export contacts info like phone number, name, etc. from Samsung to desktop computer with one click.
- All Samsung contacts can be saved as HTML, VCF, CSV, XML, Outlook or BAK format.
- You can access, view, add, delete and edit phone contacts on the computer without any limitation.
- It can manage other files like messages, apps, music, photo, videos, etc. on computer without any hassle.
- Works well on all available Samsung phone models, including Samsung Galaxy S21/S20/S10/S10+/S10e/S9/S8/S7/S6, Galaxy Note 8/7/6, A9/A8/A7/A6, etc., as well as other Android devices like Huawei, HTC, LG, Sony, Xiaomi and so on.
you can get the free trial version of the powerful Samsung contacts backup software for Windows or Mac respectively. And then you can follow the guide below to transfer contacts from Note 4/5/6/7/8, S21/S20/S10/S9/S8/S7/S6 to computer.
How do I transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy to computer with Assistant for Android?
Firstly, run the software and connect your Samsung phone to the computer with a USB cable. Then, the phone can be identified by this program automatically. The parameter information of your phone, including the phone model, system version and storage space size will be shown in the main interface.
If the connection is failed, you may need to enable USB debugging on your Samsung device.
Secondly, click the "Contacts" tab on the left side to preview the whole contact list in the program.
Lastly, mark all contacts you wish to backup, and then click "Export" to transfer contacts from Samsung to PC via USB or WiFi, with the help of Assistant for Android.
- Above is the whole settings of transferring contacts from Samsung Galaxy to PC. If you wish to handle it on your Mac computer, you can get the Mac version and copy data from Android to Mac by yourself.
- If you wish to transfer contacts from your computer to Samsung devices, you can directly hit the "Import" button to load the available contacts to your device easily. Here is a guide on how to transfer contacts from computer to Samsung.
Video Tutorial - how to transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy to computer:
- How to Recover Lost Contacts from Samsung Galaxy Series
- Print out Text Messages from Samsung Galaxy to Paper
How to transfer contacts from Samsung to PC without software? You can try using Gmail to back up Samsung contacts to PC. What you need to do is syncing your Samsung phone contacts with your Gmail account firstly, and then download them on your computer. The detailed steps are as following:
- First of all, head to "Settings" app on your Samsung phone and then go to click Accounts & Sync > Add Account > Google > Next > Sign in". Just sign in to your Gmail account on your Samsung phone.
- After you log in your Gmail account, you should select "Sync Contacts" to sync all contacts from Samsung phone to Gmail.
- When the contacts syncing process finished. You can login to the same Gmail account on your computer and go to "Contacts" section. Choose the contacts that you want to transfer and hit on the "More" > "Export" button on the top.
- Choose "Which contacts do you want to export?" and "Which export format". Then, click "Export" to save these contacts from Samsung phone to CSV file on your computer.
Please noted that if you haven't a Gmail account before, you can tap the "Create" button to add a new one than type the existing Gmail info. (Learn how to add a Google account on Android device)
Want to transfer contacts from Samsung to PC with broken screen? You can go to the page of 'how to Backup Android Phone with Broken Screen' to find the answer.
Samsung users should know that Samsung has launched its own mobile data management tool Samsung Kies. You can use it to easily manage your Samsung mobile phone data. You can export data from your phone to your PC and import it from your PC to your phone. This means that when your Samsung phone is accidentally lost or data is accidentally damaged, if you have backed up your phone with Kies before, you can easily restore your contacts and other data from your PC to your Samsung device.
Step 1. Launch Samsung Kies and connect Samsung phone
Download, install and launch Samsung Kies on your computer. Connect your Samsung Galaxy phone to your computer with a USB cable. Once the phone is detected by Kies, you can select the option of "Backup & Restore" from the Kies' main interface.
Step 2. How to copy contacts from Samsung to PC with Kies
Select "Data Backup" option in this section and choose the data categories you want to backup. Here you should tick off the "Contacts" category and then click the "Backup" option to download phone numbers from Samsung to computer.
You can find many apps in the Google Play store to help you transfer contacts from your Samsung phone to your computer. MCBackup – My Contacts Backup application is one of them. It transfers all contacts from your smartphone to your PC and restores them to your phone when you need them.
However, it should be noted that the security of these third-party applications is insufficient. If you are concerned about the theft of your mobile phone data, it is best to choose the desktop software mentioned in the first method - Assistant for Android.
How do I transfer contacts from Samsung phone to computer with MCBackup?
- Open the Google Play store on your Samsung Galaxy phone, find and install MCBackup – My Contacts Backup application.
- Launch this app, it will immediately scan and display the number of contacts stored in your Samsung phone.
- Click on "Backup" and wait until all contacts are stored in a file.
- Click on "Send" and enter your email address to receive this file.
- Finally, log in to the email account you just entered on your phone on your computer, download the just saved ".vcf" file and save it where you want.
To prevent accidental loss of contacts you have saved on your Samsung phone, it's always a good idea to save contacts from Samsung phone to computer. As long as you have backup contacts, you can always choose to restore them to your phone. This is very useful when you accidentally lose your Samsung phone or accidentally delete a contact. MobiKin Assistant for Android can do this, it not only helps you access and view Samsung contacts on PC, and even allows you to back up other file types, including apps, messages, music, photos, videos, etc. I hope this guide will help you.